Dawand Jones OL Ohio st.

Chevy

Reaction score
Big man would be a RT for us and Lucas would kick inside to RG. Watching Lucas and Jones run blocking for K-9 would be fun to watch. Those two would impose their will on opposing teams defensive lineman.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
While I don't really want to move Lucas, pairing him with Jones would be awesome to watch every game.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Not going to happen, but dang that would be interesting!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Does he have enough mobilities to zone block?
Yes. He has played both RT and LT for OSU he is surprisingly mobile for a player of his size. I didn’t see much of him due to where I live it’s all SEC games on TV after watching the Senior Bowl 1 on 1 drills he man handled every pass rusher so I went back and watched his game film it was common for the lineman he was blocking ended up on the ground. I had made a few posts about drafting him and moving Lucas to guard but was met with opposition the responses I was getting if you want a guard draft a guard. I want Jones because he is a dominant OT. If the Seahawks want him my guess it will need to be done @20 I would expect the Steelers to draft him if he is available @ 32

Chevy

Reaction score
Yes. He has played both RT and LT for OSU he is surprisingly mobile for a player of his size. I didn’t see much of him due to where I live it’s all SEC games on TV after watching the Senior Bowl 1 on 1 drills he man handled every pass rusher so I went back and watched his game film it was common for the lineman he was blocking ended up on the ground. I had made a few posts about drafting him and moving Lucas to guard but was met with opposition the responses I was getting if you want a guard draft a guard. I want Jones because he is a dominant OT. If the Seahawks want him my guess it will need to be done @20 I would expect the Steelers to draft him if he is available @ 32
Did we post about him in the past? I don't remember us having a post about him as a prospect.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Some of the most enviable teams in NFL history have had an offense that made things look, for the most part, effortless. Provided Geno performs well for another season, I think the addition of Jones would provide the Seahawks a huge nudge toward similar chain-moving prowess. Not sure we should grab him over other needs, but I like that the Seahawks are tempted as opposed to just ignoring him. Sucks that we "only" have four picks the first two rounds. Don't freak, that was semi-sarcasm.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Big man would be a RT for us and Lucas would kick inside to RG. Watching Lucas and Jones run blocking for K-9 would be fun to watch. Those two would impose their will on opposing teams defensive lineman.
That would be a big mistake. No way Jones has the footwork to pass block speed rushers as well as Lucas. His scouting reports say that’s his weakness. Leave Lucas at RT (“if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”), and convert Jones to right guard — like the Bears did with Jenkins.

But would Seahawks take him at #20? That seems too high.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
That would be a big mistake. No way Jones has the footwork to pass block speed rushers as well as Lucas. His scouting reports say that’s his weakness. Leave Lucas at RT (“if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”), and convert Jones to right guard — like the Bears did with Jenkins.

I think he is worth being selected at #20. His draft range seems to be all over the place, so it will be interesting to see where in the draft he gets selected.

Every prospect has a weakness, at #20 teams can nit pick and overlook unusual traits that are unique. He is not moving to OG or OC, he is too tall to play on the interior.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Watch his game film and 1 on 1 drills at the Senior Bowl, he never got beat he has experience at RT and LT. Draft Jones and you will be a right handed team in the run game

Another thing that I like about Jones is after the season ended he started working out and got his body fat content down to 24% which is very good for an OL his size

I have a sneaking suspicion you want Jones for the Bears. 😉

nwHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Seahawks wants a Fluker bully part 2. I worry about leverage at his height on the inside. Maybe a dominant swing tackle?

Imagine a 3rd and short with Lucas, Jones and TE Darnell Washington on the play side. Pile mover!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Watch his game film and 1 on 1 drills at the Senior Bowl, he never got beat he has experience at RT and LT. Draft Jones and you will be a right handed team in the run game

Another thing that I like about Jones is after the season ended he started working out and got his body fat content down to 24% which is very good for an OL his size

I have a sneaking suspicion you want Jones for the Bears. 😉
He was playing against college guys in the Senior Bowl. NFL edge rushers are a step or two above. Don’t mess around — leave Lucas at RT. He did a good job last season, and I expect the experience will make him even better this year.

I am hoping Bears get a RT in free agency, but if drafting one, my first choice is Paris Johnson.

Chevy

Reaction score
I had brought up the idea but I don’t believe it was you who was against it
Another poster just trolled me on a Free Agent post and I found our conversation, about Jones, through his trolling.

Anyways, I'm wanting either DT Mazi Smith or OT Jones at #20. I miss the days of Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson smashing dudes in the run game, we can have that again but on the right side of the offensive line.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
He was playing against college guys in the Senior Bowl. NFL edge rushers are a step or two above. Don’t mess around — leave Lucas at RT. He did a good job last season, and I expect the experience will make him even better this year.

I am hoping Bears get a RT in free agency, but if drafting one, my first choice is Paris Johnson.
If the Bears want Johnson they better take him at 9, Tennessee is at 11 will also be targeting him. Some of the Bears fans I have been communicating with want JSN or Bijan Robinson @9 the Bears have much bigger issues

As far as Free agency goes for an OT Brown would probably need to be offered at least $26-27 AAV to leave KC he has a $23 million AAV contract offer on the table. McGlincey is said to be wanting $15 million AAV who is a good run blocker but is suspect as a pass blocker

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Another poster just trolled me on a Free Agent post and I found our conversation, about Jones, through his trolling.

Anyways, I'm wanting either DT Mazi Smith or OT Jones at #20. I miss the days of Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson smashing dudes in the run game, we can have that again but on the right side of the offensive line.
My guess is Smith can be drafted with one of the 2nd rd picks. I got a good laugh with the smashing dudes comment. Jeff Saturday had a segment on ESPN called Serving up pancakes where they would have O lineman laying out defenders from the previous week college and pro. One of my favorite players when I was growing up was John Hannah an OG with the Patriots from the 70s they would have him pulling a lot laying out DBs