December 10, 2012...Ravens fired O coordinator...went 2 SB

ludakrishna

Reaction score
We need to follow suit. If Pete won't do it, he needs to be shown the door. 3 years on continuous offensive ineptitude masked by Russells ability to adhoc plays.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Bengals fired their OC this year after two games.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Norv Turner left the Vikings and now they have turned around offensively. They also shored up their Oline though. Curios how many OC changes have resulted in sustainable success. Could be a circumstance of cherry picking

Mizak

Reaction score
MrThortan":3hktj1cf said:
Norv Turner left the Vikings and now they have turned around offensively. They also shored up their Oline though. Curios how many OC changes have resulted in sustainable success. Could be a circumstance of cherry picking

I think Norv Turner as OC for Seahawks is better than Bevell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mizak":1cr8474k said:
MrThortan":1cr8474k said:

Like I’ve said in the past a Chimp wearing a Cardigan sweater would do a better job than the clown that’s our OC now.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Mizak":3bp7sfl1 said:
MrThortan":3bp7sfl1 said:

Nope Norv tried to do the same crap with long developing plays and a bad OL.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MrThortan":3megazky said:

It's also hard to tell the difference between turning it around and things just working out/being lucky. People like to use the Ravens as an example, but we should keep in mind they went to ass after that season and should have gotten kicked out of the divisional round, only saved by a prayer throw by Flacco to what should have been coverage, but a dumb rookie safety did something really dumb and gave them the game.

I'm not saying Bevell is good, should be kept, etc., but I find this idea that getting someone else is going to just make things be amazing on offense to be a toss up.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2osi8i5f said:
MrThortan":2osi8i5f said:

It's also hard to tell the difference between turning it around and things just working out/being lucky. People like to use the Ravens as an example, but we should keep in mind they went to ass after that season and should have gotten kicked out of the divisional round, only saved by a prayer throw by Flacco to what should have been coverage, but a dumb rookie safety did something really dumb and gave them the game.

I'm not saying Bevell is good, should be kept, etc., but I find this idea that getting someone else is going to just make things be amazing on offense to be a toss up.
I'm not even looking for "amazing on offense". I will settle for COMPETENT.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm just not sure Pete runs his team like these coaches. Seems like he judges his staff by how they coach and not results. Basically, Pete tells his coaches this is how I want things run, i.e. run first, zone blocking, and whatever happens do not give up the big play (result soft zone). This would explain the lack of accountability to the coordinators.

I almost think Pete was ok with Quinn leaving, he did things differently than Gus and Richard but how can you argue with the results of 2013 and 2014 (on defense). That said, I think Pete would prefer total capitulation to ingenuity thinking.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Way more examples of teams going south after such a move than this cherry-picked one.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1puqeyoq said:
Way more examples of teams going south after such a move than this cherry-picked one.

3698 of your 3699 posts so far have been spent defending this staff. It is safe to say that I hate every single one of the posts you’ve made, not because you’re defending our OC, but because you will never even contemplate that he may have a problem. When you’re completely unobjectionable, hiding behind the guise that you are nd that everyone else is not, you lose credibility. What would it take for you to question Bevell? I’m curious. What straw would havevto break for you to ACTUALLY be objective on the subject? Doesn’t seem possible.

I’m assuming your first post was a greeting of some kind.

Also, on 12/10/12, we roasted Arizona 58/0! Best game I’ve ever been to.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":zev4tszw said:
Siouxhawk":zev4tszw said:

3698 of your 3699 posts so far have been spent defending this staff. It is safe to say that I hate every single one of the posts you’ve made, not because you’re defending our OC, but because you will never even contemplate that he may have a problem. When you’re completely unobjectionable, hiding behind the guise that you are nd that everyone else is not, you lose credibility. What would it take for you to question Bevell? I’m curious. What straw would havevto break for you to ACTUALLY be objective on the subject? Doesn’t seem possible.

I’m assuming your first post was a greeting of some kind.

Also, on 12/10/12, we roasted Arizona 58/0! Best game I’ve ever been to.
I've opined on quite a few topics. Perhaps it's selective reading and memory on your part that leads to this confusion.

I'm not saying Bevell is infallible. None of them are. But be objective and understand there's many more dynamics at play when a team goes through a rough patch.

Latest posts