Defense vs Offense

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Sounds like they are not fans of each other.

Those articles at the start of the year probably have a lot of merit.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Well, it's sort of like working side by side with a guy and you bust your ass to get shit done while he just barely shows up everyday. That crap wears on you.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the feeling I get.

The defense does the work and, in the wins, the offense gets the credit.

That would wear on you.

I feel bad for Baldwin. Not his fault, the offense just is rarely put in a position to succeed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ak5xml7 said:
That is the feeling I get.

That would wear on you.

I feel bad for Baldwin. Not his fault, the offense just is rarely put in a position to succeed.

Feel bad for the whole offense. You think Rw likes having to account for over 80% of the yards, or running around because his line cant block, or the route trees are so pathetic no one can get open.

Anthony!

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2sfdzwue said:
Well, it's sort of like working side by side with a guy and you bust your ass to get shit done while he just barely shows up everyday. That crap wears on you.

except for the side complaining takes up most of the cap, so not sure they have much to complain about.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If they're whining they should be quiet. They get paid the most money, and there have been defenses in history with worst offenses. This team has an offense with no running game but a franchise QB who's played a major role in giving us a chance for the playoffs. So I don't buy it, they should all join Dallas if they feel this way

Pete/Russ will continue to succeed

LolaRox

Reaction score
Anthony!":3jlftwld said:
WmHBonney":3jlftwld said:

except for the side complaining takes up most of the cap, so not sure they have much to complain about.

This argument doesn't make any sense to me. They have earned that money by performing at a high level. There are some offensive players getting big paychecks and not earning them.

The amount of the paycheck shouldn't dictate a players play - it wasn't an excuse when some defensive players were making pennies (NFL pennies) and it shouldn't be now for the offense.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What portion if those cap dollars are on IR? The offense is basically healthy aside from normal NFL wear and tear.

red grenadine

Reaction score
Scorpion05":9zpuwa2f said:
If they're whining they should be quiet. They get paid the most money, and there have been defenses in history with worst offenses. This team has an offense with no running game but a franchise QB who's played a major role in giving us a chance for the playoffs. So I don't buy it, they should all join Dallas if they feel this way

That same defense was getting paid nothing and still coming to work and killing it every day. They earned those contracts.

Outside of maybe RW and Baldwin the offense has not come to work for years

Aw Mang

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1jlany99 said:

And defense gets blame for the losses. In some games, deservedly so.

Anthony!

Reaction score
LolaRox":18vj007p said:
Anthony!":18vj007p said:
WmHBonney":18vj007p said:

This argument doesn't make any sense to me. They have earned that money by performing at a high level. There are some offensive players getting big paychecks and not earning them.

The amount of the paycheck shouldn't dictate a players play - it wasn't an excuse when some defensive players were making pennies (NFL pennies) and it shouldn't be now for the offense.
Only 3 guys on offense are getting paid. RW, db, and Graham. Are uvreallybgoing to say db and RW don't deserve it. Also maybe if they spent more on offense they would have a better line and rb, so it does apply

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":3u9u9n3p said:
What portion if those cap dollars are on IR? The offense is basically healthy aside from normal NFL wear and tear.

Right but because you skimped on the offense they can't carry the team every game that and the scheme sucka

Anthony!

Reaction score
red grenadine":3vf7ljj7 said:
Scorpion05":3vf7ljj7 said:

That same defense was getting paid nothing and still coming to work and killing it every day. They earned those contracts.

Outside of maybe RW and Baldwin the offense has not come to work for years

Out side of those 2 and Graham no one else got paid and they have not brought anyone in worth a crap

renofox

Reaction score
joeseahawks":27tp0aea said:
How did Duane Brown do today? I did not watch the game.

He looked like he's really taken to Cable's coaching.

In other words, not very good. Regressing.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Anthony!":8deppsnm said:
WmHBonney":8deppsnm said:

I saw this year our D is making about 30 mil more than the offense and next year on the books is 25mil or so more than the offense. I think there was one point a year or two ago the entire OL and WR core was making like 15 mil combined lol

Anthony!

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":6sag1hus said:
Anthony!":6sag1hus said:
WmHBonney":6sag1hus said:

I saw this year our D is making about 30 mil more than the offense and next year on the books is 25mil or so more than the offense. I think there was one point a year or two ago the entire OL and WR core was making like 15 mil combined lol

yup and you can even go into drafts

Sherman
ET
Kam
Wagner
KJ

Right there are 5 all pro we drafted

On offense
Wilson

there you go.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Anthony!":3issx2k2 said:
LolaRox":3issx2k2 said:
Anthony!":3issx2k2 said:
WmHBonney":3issx2k2 said:

Only 3 guys on offense are getting paid. RW, db, and Graham. Are uvreallybgoing to say db and RW don't deserve it. Also maybe if they spent more on offense they would have a better line and rb, so it does apply

And so are Joeckel, Brown and now Britt. I think Russ and ADB are doing their part but Jimmy is not contributing like the top paid TE and Joeckel is stealing money.

I don’t believe more money = better product, coaching matters.

I will agree that they need to spend more wisely.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LolaRox":285tqxsg said:
Anthony!":285tqxsg said:
LolaRox":285tqxsg said:
Anthony!":285tqxsg said:

And so are Joeckel, Brown and now Britt. I think Russ and ADB are doing their part but Jimmy is not contributing like the top paid TE and Joeckel is stealing money.

I don’t believe more money = better product, coaching matters.

I will agree that they need to spend more wisely.
It is both coaching, and player evaluation that matters here. Our coaching staff has proven that they do not know how to evaluate offensive talent -- especially at the line, and running back position. We let some REALLY good running backs go, and we have also spent big capital on guys like Lacy and Christine Micheal. Our team also does not seem to know how to utilize our talent on offense properly. Using a player such as Graham like he is Zach Miller is hilariously bad. We have also spent significant draft capital on guys like Percy Harvin.

Our offensive staff is not earning their paychecks, period.

Latest posts