Defense

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
My only complaint is seeing our first couple tacklers consistently sliding off the ball carrier or missing altogether due to bad angles.

Fortunately, we have some absolutely freakish athletes on the D, so there's always 2 to 3 of our guys in the area.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Everyone is flying to the football. Looks like maximum effort on every play. Impressive.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
On Hopkins TD on first glance it didn't look like man coverage. But overall did Woolen erase him?

sutz

Reaction score
On Hopkins TD on first glance it didn't look like man coverage. But overall did Woolen erase him?
I'd have to say yes, mostly. Hopkins had pretty pedestrian stats against us. Of course we were getting pressure on Murray, so it wasn't all because of Woolen's coverage.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'd have to say yes, mostly. Hopkins had pretty pedestrian stats against us. Of course we were getting pressure on Murray, so it wasn't all because of Woolen's coverage.
Agreed.

I honestly also think Hopkins was stewing after Kyler yelled at him on the sideline.

The look on his face after that said ‘you’re on your own then, I’m not helping’ and he didn’t catch a pass (not called back by penalty) from that point.

253hawk

Reaction score
They scored 21. 2 offensive TDs and the pick-6. ;)
Eh, the last one was kinda bogus as it was clearly a recovered fumble a few plays before that. Needs to be 'full completion of a football move' my ass.