Denver, San Fran, NY Giants (Seahawks Related)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
After Denver Losing At Home 20-27 to the now 7-7 Chargers.... puts things in a greater perspective where this Seahawks team is at and just how tough Division rivals can be even if they have a worse W-L record.

The loss at Candlestick looks less and less like the incredible feat some 49ers fans (from what I read from Social Media trash talk) and 49ers (ahem, Gore) want to paint it. I won't go into too many details but I think many would take a hard fought 2 point loss in a rival's backyard (symbolizing a game that really could've gone either way) if it meant the Seahawks could keep blowing the 49ers out by 20+ points every time at the Clink.

Of course we want to win every game but I don't ever want to see Wilson lose to the 49ers in Seattle. Ever. So honestly, Ill take the home splits every time and the 49ers embarrassment.

Anyhow, I should probably also mention the Giants. With a Seahawks win will not only reclaim the sole lead for top team in the NFL... they would also end their season with a 6-2 Road record.

That would make them 10-4 on the Road since the 2nd half of last year?

2 losses in the 2nd half of 2012: @MIA (-3), @ATL (-2)
2 losses in 2013: @IND,(-6) @SF (-2)

Seahawks won 8 games between MIA and ATL. Seahawks won 7 games between IND and SF.

And keeping it in the positive spectrum, I believe the Seahawks had the lead in all 4 of those games at some point during the 4th QTR. An indication that those games could have gone either way and that the Seahawks always played competitively, something they've been doing for 39 straight games now without a loss by more than 7 points. Pretty bleepin awesome.

Are 49ers fans and haters everywhere going to continue say the Seahawks are a middling Road team despite the fact with a win on Sunday would give the Seahawks a 71.4 Win% in their last season and a half of Away games (10/14)? Again 71.4%... which is amazing considering all the travel, plethora of 10 a.m. starts, and averaging out to be the 4th youngest team in the NFL the last two seasons. Not to mention a rather hindering injury situation spreading across the span of 5 away games this current season: @Hou, @Ind, @ Ari, @ Stl, @ Atl. Seahawks went 4-1 in those games without some of their best protectors shielding Wilson or paving the way for Lynch.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Seahawks finally got the Ws on the road this year, congrats.

But the film does not lie at the disparity of the team at home vs away.

And yes it is bigger than just about every other team except maybe the Saints.

Mortal on the road, perhaps immortal at home.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
NINEster":150peccb said:

We have the same point differential on the road as the Niners do at home and the same record. The team you call mortal on the road is equal to the 49ers homefield advantage. That can't feel very good if that is all you can hang your hat on.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Just to add, Broncos lost at home to the Chargers. Both the Seahawk losses have been on the road. So far the Seahawks have done a great job in winning at home.

OrFan

Reaction score
NINEster":159bapcv said:

So, lets see, you are saying that we dropped points in the artistic impression column? Where exactly is that located on the scoreboard? Is it just listed in the standings? I'm confused here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":bk30j8nz said:

Isnt every team "mortal' on the road? I mean I really fail to see your point. we are 5-2 on the road. lost both games by less than a touchdown.

we wont be playing on the road in January.

9er fans really are looking for anything to make them feel better these days arent they?

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. 49er fan. I'm sure it took exhaustive "tape" study to determine teams play better at home than on the road.

I can't wait for your next study to inform us that breathing and eating food/drinking water helps you live longer.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
NINEster":36e5w81x said:

I suppose that's true. But our road record is equal to your home record.

Just because there is a difference, even a big one -- doesn't mean we're bad on the road.

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
bigtrain21":34611sqj said:
NINEster":34611sqj said:

We have the same point differential on the road as the Niners do at home and the same record. The team you call mortal on the road is equal to the 49ers homefield advantage. That can't feel very good if that is all you can hang your hat on.

This is one of the most direct and complete rebuttals I've seen. Well done.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Nice post OP, never hurts to have a little different perspective when looking at the big picture.

Mick063

Reaction score
NINEster":s6v6sn5n said:

Dumb post.

But since you must believe it, immortal at home is a good place to be when hosting playoff games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NINEster":126uce9y said:

The disparity you should be worried about is the fact that the Niners now BARELY beat the Hawks at home, and get absolutely destroyed up here. That tells me the talent gap has widened over the past two years.............and not in your favor.

jblaze

Reaction score
More than anything, I want the SF at home in the playoffs. We need to be responsible for sending them home.

It's amazing to me how they're crowing about that win the way they are. You won, at home, by 2 on a last minute FG after getting demolilshed in Seattle the last two times.

Congrats? If that's what gets you so riled up and excited, then your expectations are low. Regardless, you know who the better team is and it was apparent you do as well by your post game comments.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't even do the math, and I'd have to look it up, but I think in our last two games up here, we beat them by a total of 50 points or so, and in the two games down there, they won by 30? Maybe? Not to mention the obvious which is that losing by two points in SF this year is an improvement over our loss last year... I dunno, pretty clear the 49ers fans don't believe in stats, or points, or records, or something. 5-2 on the road is damn good, especially having had four 10 AM Pacific kickoff times, which typically are a problem for our team.

I'd be thrilled for the 49ers to get eliminated entirely from the playoffs... but that probably won't happen, so my second choice is they get the five seed so we see them here for the NFC Championship. The beatdown would be so thorough and so sweet... and then Angry Man can bolt for Texas, so he doesn't have to hear the 49er fan base complaining about how it doesn't matter how many wins the 49ers get if they can never beat the Seahawks...

plyka

Reaction score
NINEster":3g8p4syp said:

Every team plays worse on the road. The truth of the matter is that fans from inferior teams like to make up excuses on why the best team "just isn't as good as their record states." The Seahawks now have the best winning % in the NFL, once again --after being tied with Denver for 5 days. They are the best, their record states it, the advanced stats state it, everything confirms it --even Vegas with their probability of winning the superbowl.

So fans from inferior teams, like yourself and the 49ers, have to find something, an asterisk somewhere, an endnote, something which you can use to justify saying something negative about the best team in the NFL. This lunacy that their 5-2 record on the road isn't that good must be your only hand grip on that slippery north face.

Mojambo

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1idy68kh said:
NINEster":1idy68kh said:

Douche Chill.

Latest posts