Denver "winning" free agency.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I had to pick a team that actually got better in FA, it would be the Cardinals.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":njanc0n2 said:
If I had to pick a team that actually got better in FA, it would be the Cardinals.
You don't think Denver improved in FA for at least the 2014 season? Their Washington state politician "spend, spend, spend" agenda this week isn't sustainable, but I'd say they are undoubtedly better for the coming season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Better, but by not as much as they think they are. Lucky for them they play in the AFC. Still have 5head the playoff choke artist as QB however.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i99pox5 said:
Scottemojo":1i99pox5 said:
You don't think Denver improved in FA for at least the 2014 season? Their Washington state politician "spend, spend, spend" agenda this week isn't sustainable, but I'd say they are undoubtedly better for the coming season.
Better yes, but better than us or San Francisco, Carolina, Arizona? Who or which among a couple others...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3aq7tyc5 said:
Better yes, but better than us or San Francisco, Carolina, Arizona? Who or which among a couple others...
Hard to say right now. They will emphasize more mental toughness in camp and into the season. Plus, they are getting some quality defenders back for this season, particularly Von Miller. Assuming their FA signings work out decently, they will have a top five defense in the AFC. Maybe top three. Believe it or not, I think the Seahawks are the best thing to happen to the 2013 Denver Broncos. I think they are going to tear up the AFC this year, not just on offense. They may even wind up with fewer wins than they had in 2013 because of having to face some actual tough defense this year in the NFC West, but they will be far better prepared for the Superb Owl if they can get back to it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":f97ef4si said:
RolandDeschain":f97ef4si said:
Scottemojo":f97ef4si said:

I'd take Denver at full strength over all those teams aside from us.

San Fran doesn't have the secondary we do. Carolina's offense is in shambles. Arizona isn't as good as people are painting them to be.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
He has a two year window and is going all in to get his super bowl. Its a risk, but its a decision and not a bad one really. Oh they are the Broncos, and we played them in the Super bowl! Everything they do must be stupid and they suck so hard!!!

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3oq1z9or said:

Veldheer was the home-run signing of any team in UFA, IMO.

I guess on the bright side, they will have a tough time replacing Dansby. I know Dansby is old and moving on might have been wise, but his absence will still be felt all the same.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":103mzanj said:
Coug_Hawk08":103mzanj said:
Not really the same. Denver just made it to the SB and they are adding talented players at dire need positions. They aren't just picking names and paying money to get nowhere like the eagles.
Go look up how many interceptions Ward has for his career. Look at how many games Ware has missed last year. Look and see if Talib has ever played a full schedule.

Free agency all in almost never works out as well as hoped.
Free agency almost never works out WHEN GIVING OUT BIG CONTRACTS....

It is true for all major sports. When giving out big contracts you are often paying a lot more for a small increase in production compared to the next tier, and that's if things go smoothly!

I strongly believe that teams should not give out big contracts to players who havent proven their worth on the team already.

When someone has shown their value in your system on your team and you have an idea of how hard it would be to replace them that is when I feel its smart to give out a select few big contracts.

That is why im fine with quiet FA. The less we spend on new guys the more we have for certain players already on the team.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yea, just look how many times Dan Snyder and the Skins "won" free agency. All it ever got them was false hope and disappointment. Elway is trying to take the easy way out. They are not going to win the Superbowl next year and they're going to be a real mess down the road.

theascension

Reaction score
You know what would be better than 'winning' free agency? Extending Earl Thomas the best safety in the league this year, and signing the best cornerback and quarterback in the game next year.
I'll take that over a few injury prone players on the wrong side of 30.

themunn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3f7c9yd4 said:
NFL Network just posted on Facebook a little bit ago, asking who was winning Free Agency and they had a pic of a couple team logos, including Denver's. I asked when the last time was where a team won free agency, then won the Super Bowl that season. :)

2013?

Largent80

Reaction score
They still have to play the games, and we will see how it shakes out when it matters.

Last year they were supposedly the team that couldn't be stopped.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The same douche that called Philly the dream team...plays for Denver now and called this team the dream team.

Idiot.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":33p39tl7 said:
Ware. Ward. Talib.

Anybody remember when Philly had the free agency for all time with Nnamdi, Ronnie Brown, Young, and a handful of others, and were anointed the new SB favorites? Yeah, Denver feels just like that.

Denver radio is falling all over themselves. They literally made the statement that they've "won" free agency this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
None of the players they signed would have won them the SB.

They could do nothing against the Seattel D and all they have done is LOST offensive players.

Yes, Ware and Miller is a pretty daunting pair and Talib will make things interesting...

...but if they can't protect Manning they are toast in a SB. Simple as that. They'll dominate the AFC and lose in the SB. Again.

Brahn

Reaction score
People were saying the same thing about us last offseason. Haters are gonna hate. Stop feeding the cycle.

lucky49

Reaction score
i have a feeling that peyton has a (relatively) bad season this year. he'd a year older and has a harder schedule this time around. Their defense will improve while their offense declines slightly. They'll probably win their divison, maybe even get a high seed because of the weakness of the AFC but I don't think they'll fare well in the playoffs.