Depth chart released

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Popeyejones":286z6x90 said:
Any OC that doesn't spend all game picking on Dontae Johnson should be fired on the spot.

Yeah, that's gonna be painful to watch. Coleman will be starting there Week 3.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Man, our defensive tackle group is deeeeeep. Love it.

And yea, our defensive backs are a little shaky, but I honestly do trust our front office, scouts, coaches in regards to d-backs. They seem to have a knack for finding talent there.

DJrmb

Reaction score
If they are worried at all about the DB group we should see DeShawn Shead coming in for a visit. It was reported at the time they cut him they wanted to keep him but allowed him to walk as a solid to him.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I also read a day or two ago that there was a medical issue with Shead.

EDIT:

Shead, 29, had been dealing with strained quadriceps throughout training camp, which forced him to miss two preseason games. He played a lot in the finale against Cleveland on Thursday, and said he did so because he wanted to get ready for the start of the regular season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2454 ... hawn-shead

DJrmb

Reaction score
Shead dealt with quad issues during camp and missed the first two preseason games. However he played most if not all of the last game, and was cut without an injury designation which points to him being healthy enough to play. I think the only way Seattle doesn't bring him in is if they are extremely confident in what they have now. Especially since Shead would give them extra flexibility being able to play CB or Safety.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":61b07xhk said:
ivotuk":61b07xhk said:
Agree Chris. Why is he still here? I don't remember seeing much fullback use at all.

I think Poona Ford is going to be a Mini Aaron Donald.

Donald was a late bloomer as far as NFL recognition goes. They were focusing on his size, and finally they realized that he was a phenom and to judge him based on size was not only antiquated, but ignorant.

You are likely alone on that opinion. I like Ford but to compare him to the best defensive player in the league is a bit much. Ford wasn't even a lock to make the team a week ago.

Yes because you can't possibly compare a young player to an established player without someone coming along and insinuating that I'm saying they are the same. Said nothing of the kind.

This kind of response is why sports announcers always have to preface their comparisons with "I'm not saying he is player X, just that there are some similarities."

Well I'm not going to preface my posts with that, because there will always be someone that will make that statement, no matter how it's presented. Not sure why people always have to go for that low hanging fruit.

And you can't use "Ford wasn't even a lock to make the team" to judge someone's talent. James Harrison was cut multiple times. You need a better argument for that one.

ivotuk

Reaction score
themunn":3ge84cn0 said:
ivotuk":3ge84cn0 said:
Donald was a late bloomer as far as NFL recognition goes. They were focusing on his size, and finally they realized that he was a phenom and to judge him based on size was not only antiquated, but ignorant.

What?
He was picked in the first round, went to the pro bowl as a rookie and named Defensive Rookie of the Year! In what world is that a late bloomer!?

You really should read the post before you attack it. Not doing so makes one look foolish.

themunn

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lkp80wb said:
themunn":2lkp80wb said:
ivotuk":2lkp80wb said:

What?
He was picked in the first round, went to the pro bowl as a rookie and named Defensive Rookie of the Year! In what world is that a late bloomer!?

You really should read the post before you attack it. Not doing so makes one look foolish.

I'm sorry, I've read it multiple times now. Which part did I misunderstand? He was recognised as being good enough to go in the first round. He was recognised as being good enough to go to the pro bowl. He was recognised as being the best defensive rookie. This all happened in his first season. I don't know how you can suggest that he was a "late bloomer" in terms of recognition when people have recognised him as being a superior player since before the NFL draft.

Maybe someone like Bobby Wagner not being selected to a pro bowl or as all-pro until his third season counts as being a late bloomer, given he was doing the same things in 2012 and 2013 too. But no idea how you can apply that logic to Donald.

chris98251

Reaction score
themunn":1ekiq5zo said:
ivotuk":1ekiq5zo said:
themunn":1ekiq5zo said:
ivotuk":1ekiq5zo said:

What?

I'm sorry, I've read it multiple times now. Which part did I misunderstand? He was recognised as being good enough to go in the first round. He was recognised as being good enough to go to the pro bowl. He was recognised as being the best defensive rookie. This all happened in his first season. I don't know how you can suggest that he was a "late bloomer" in terms of recognition when people have recognised him as being a superior player since before the NFL draft.

Maybe someone like Bobby Wagner not being selected to a pro bowl or as all-pro until his third season counts as being a late bloomer, given he was doing the same things in 2012 and 2013 too. But no idea how you can apply that logic to Donald.

Wagner was not a late bloomer, he just wasn't a media darling like Kueshley was. There in lies the disfunction of this arguement.

themunn

Reaction score
chris98251":365vuvs2 said:
Wagner was not a late bloomer, he just wasn't a media darling like Kueshley was. There in lies the disfunction of this arguement.

Yes but I think that's supposed to be Ivo's point, no? We know that Wagner was a great player straight out of the bat, but it took several years before he was recognised as being so outside of Seattle.

What I think Ivo's suggesting is that Donald similarly took some time to be recognised as being one of the NFL's premier players, but I'm countering that by suggesting he has always been recognised as so, given he was a top 15 draft pick, a pro bowler, and DRoY.

Otherwise I'm completely lost as to which part of Ivo's post I did not understand.