Derrick Coleman is a All Star in life

lsheldon

Reaction score
Saw that on the news this evening. Awesome story, were lucky to have that guy on our squad. Kudos to the organization for giving him the opportunity to prove he can play.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Read that earlier, really great stuff there. Coleman just seems like a fantastic person and football player.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I didn't like him originally because he beat out my man Mike Rob. Then you find out more about the guy and what he's been through and you can't help but want the guy to do well. The Duracell advert was the icing on the cake and this letter is the pretty cherry on top.

Where's the 24 hour rolling news story about this rather than Sherman? The world is a messed up place when you think about it. The first deaf NFL player goes to the superbowl in his rookie season whilst inspiring deaf and disabled people to be more than their disability and everyone is banging on about a guy who said some silly stuff (that looks less silly in context) in the heat of passion.

Derrick Coleman, you sir are a fine young man.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
I was excited in the off season when he joined the squad. My wife and I have been fans since we read a story while he was playing ball in college. It is awesome to have him on our team and it has been great for our family because one of our young children was born with hearing loss. He wears hearing aids and he loves Seahawks.

He came to the deaf and hard of hearing program, public school, in Tacoma for the kids. Guy is such an inspiration and it means the world to have this guy as a role model with hearing loss misunderstood by many. Best story next to going to the superbowl. Trying to save to get my boy his jersey. It will match his seahawk colored hearing aids.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I saw the story on FB, is nice see someone who is more than just about smack talk. (goes for all teams) That said I hope you guys roll on SB sunday (or whatever day it ens up being lol) about time Seatle had the Lombardi feeling!

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I love him so much I paid top dollar for his game used jersey!
Not ever selling that one.

Attachments

• coleman.jpg
    coleman.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 526

dbmack

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1xdt4mjq said:
I love him so much I paid top dollar for his game used jersey!
Not ever selling that one.
Derrick is on Twitter now (@DC2forlife). You should tweet that picture to him - he would probably appreciate it a lot.

Latest posts