Detroit is getting a bit cocky....

drdiags

Reaction score
I think most athletes think highly of themselves, it makes them who they are. Caldwell is going to back them since he is their HC but in a stats oriented world they make a case for being effective in their roles. The thing that is untold is that QBs feel they can challenge them where with Seattle they aren't taking those deep shots.

That is the tough thing to add into the equation. The non-attempts. Detroit does have a better defense in the secondary versus the past few years. The mystery is why the offense is having erratic performances. Most likely injuries but those guys have been a talented crew for awhile now. I sense the Seahawks will end up playing them this year.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
drdiags":1d30u0fn said:
I think most athletes think highly of themselves, it makes them who they are. Caldwell is going to back them since he is their HC but in a stats oriented world they make a case for being effective in their roles. The thing that is untold is that QBs feel they can challenge them where with Seattle they aren't taking those deep shots.

That is the tough thing to add into the equation. The non-attempts. Detroit does have a better defense in the secondary versus the past few years. The mystery is why the offense is having erratic performances. Most likely injuries but those guys have been a talented crew for awhile now. I sense the Seahawks will end up playing them this year.

God I hope not!! I live in Michigan. My Husband's best friend is a die-hard, my BIL is a die-hard, ALL our close friends that we love to death are die-hards. I won't be able to watch the game amongst any of them if that occurs. NO! NO! NO!! :pukeface:

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Also look at the strength of schedule and the QB's each team has played. I'm not scared of Detroit's D.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I just want to add they are saying stuff that is no different then Sherman prior to this year. Before this year when he would get in debates with others about best DB the first stat he would pull out was number of interceptions. Now starting this year teams aren't throwing his way so part of what you hear now is how teams avoid him. Based on INT alone then sure they are the better safety duo, but there is more to being a safety then INTs.

I don't believe they are a better tandem then ET and Kam but I am sure a lot of players think they are best in what they do regardless if others think that to.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seahawkgal, it just seems like Karma that the Seahawks play the Lions or one of the NFC South teams. Kept thinking it would the Saints.

Tate or BB is in the team's future I believe. Would rather it be BB since that would mean we are back in the Owl.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":9p9idccm said:
drdiags":9p9idccm said:

God I hope not!! I live in Michigan. My Husband's best friend is a die-hard, my BIL is a die-hard, ALL our close friends that we love to death are die-hards. I won't be able to watch the game amongst any of them if that occurs. NO! NO! NO!! :pukeface:

You just couldn't gloat in our win, could you?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Tate again took shots at Wilson today saying "it's nice to have a QB that can make all the throws and is pretty accurate too".

kearly

Reaction score
Since safeties only rarely cover man to man, it's silly for them to brag about interceptions. If a QB throws a pick to a safety, it almost always means the QB screwed up badly and the safety was the benefactor of that mistake.

Brian Russell is one of the worst safeties I've ever seen, and he has a 9 interception season on his resume.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1o4xxhdm said:
Tate again took shots at Wilson today saying "it's nice to have a QB that can make all the throws and is pretty accurate too".

22 for 39 and 2 interceptions against the Bears. Reaaaal accurate.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
A receiver calling his QB "pretty" accurate is kind of an insult.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I like Detroit. They can ball when they are on and Stafford can hang 400 on just about anyone. If they ever became consistent they would be a tough out and they are for the most part anyway.

I don't blame any NFC playoff team for being confident except for AZ and the Panthers if they make it. Any one of those teams is capable of a 3 game win streak in the playoffs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm very interested to see the Packers-Lions game. These are not your father's Lions.
I think they actually have a shot in Lambeau.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Comparo:

Matt Stafford Passing = 343/561 for 4,040 Yards (61.1 Comp. %); 7.20 Avg.;19 TDs; 12 INT; 7 Fumbles; 85.4 Rating
Rushing = 64 yards, 2 TD

Russell Wilson Passing = 268/427 for 3,236 Yards (62.8 Comp. %); 7.58 Avg.; 20 TDs; 6 INT; 5 Fumbles; 95.7 Rating
Rushing = 842 yards, 5 TD

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2exbzaxg said:
Matt Stafford Passing = 343/561 for 4,040 Yards (61.1 Comp. %); 7.20 Avg.;19 TDs; 12 INT; 7 Fumbles; 85.4 Rating
Rushing = 64 yards, 2 TD

Russell Wilson Passing = 268/427 for 3,236 Yards (62.8 Comp. %); 7.58 Avg.; 20 TDs; 6 INT; 5 Fumbles; 95.7 Rating
Rushing = 842 yards, 5 TD

What are you trying to do here...make Matt look inadequate? :roll:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Cocky I can handle; I'm a Seahawks fan, after all.

But these Lions are dirty as hell and I really look forward to them being eliminated whenever they are.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
olyfan63":i4a4u46a said:
I'm very interested to see the Packers-Lions game. These are not your father's Lions.
Yes, they are.

Stafford has no heart.

There's nothing beating in his chest.... nothing.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":5r46blpe said:
olyfan63":5r46blpe said:
Yes, they are.

Stafford has no heart.

There's nothing beating in his chest.... nothing.

You're not remembering quite how bad your father's Lions were.