Dickson sets NFL record

Elemas

Reaction score
He was killing it. The avg net yards, although not the best indicator, was good. He'll boot it just as well in other stadiums.

What really impressed me was 4 punts in the 10, 2 at the 6...

He is a weapon for sure.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":3k4if7ed said:
Think I might get a wolf gray Dickson jersey

Nawww.....don't go turning us into Brown's fans now. :cry:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You should get the jersey.

I have a Tuten jersey. Used to get teased about it.

That thing is cool now.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The question is, When he is the obvious rookie of the year candidate, is he offense or defence?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1eojrz6w said:
Yet many "12s" were mad that they picked a punter. How cute

Please name the number of times taking a place kicker or punter in the draft has worked out well for a team?

What a joy to watch this guy kick. I can't think of a time I got excited for a punt. This guy is the Lawrence Taylor of punters.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2s9uf1nd said:
SoulfishHawk":2s9uf1nd said:

Please name the number of times taking a place kicker or punter in the draft has worked out well for a team?

Janikowski for the Raiders, there may be others.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1ah3zhde said:
SoulfishHawk":1ah3zhde said:

What a joy to watch this guy kick. I can't think of a time I got excited for a punt. This guy is the Lawrence Taylor of punters.

Obviously pretty impossible to answer. Please name the number of positions that you can draft with absolute certainty that what you see on film will translate favorably to the NFL without any doubt.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1oos9u24 said:
SoulfishHawk":1oos9u24 said:

Many punters, and kickers are drafted every year: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldr ... e=position

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Now a days, whenever we are looking at a 4th down punt, I stay to watch the play.

chris98251

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1m992ua0 said:
HawkNuts":1m992ua0 said:
SoulfishHawk":1m992ua0 said:

Janikowski for the Raiders, there may be others.

Umm Ray Guy?

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3bl3joq3 said:
Somehow, PFF graded Dickson as average. Some of their grading methodology is trash. They don’t seem to give any benefit to punts inside the 20/10/5. Hmm...

Really? I thought he had around an 81 and was the top graded punter? Can't find the tweet now. They changed their grading so a 57 is supposed to be average now. He was definitely the highest graded punter

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":3oaii27d said:
hawknation2018":3oaii27d said:
Somehow, PFF graded Dickson as average. Some of their grading methodology is trash. They don’t seem to give any benefit to punts inside the 20/10/5. Hmm...

Really? I thought he had around an 81 and was the top graded punter? Can't find the tweet now. They changed their grading so a 57 is supposed to be average now. He was definitely the highest graded punter

He’s not the top graded punter. That would be Chris Jones, whom they gave a “78” grade here:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... -week-2018

Where do you get “81”?????? They haven’t released Dickson’s grade; the original info I heard was wrong. But he did grade below 78. They also released the top rookie grades and listed Dickson below a player with a grade of 73. I don’t know why Dickson is the only player whose grade was not released. I’m guessing they knew it was low enough that it would generate controversy against the PFF grading method.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I thought i saw a tweet of punter grades and he was at the top with 81... they do seem to change their grades three times in the same week so IDK. Maybe they were preseason grades I was remembering from a while ago?

Also, they don't always select the highest graded player at his position to be on the team of the week.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Shane Lechler and Ray Guy were drafted punters and turned out pretty well for the teams.

If you can get an all-pro talent at any position in the 5th round, you've done well, even if its a special teamer. Most 5th round players are lucky to become backups.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawknation2018":oxb3voqr said:
PFF is only good for raw stats. Their grades suck.

Let's get Twitter trending, boys: #DicksUpForDickson