Did I miss an announcement or something ???

chris98251

Reaction score
I have ran into him also at the Bellevue Barnes and Nobel, actually going in as he was coming out, held the door open as a courtesy to let him come out before I went in, he acted like I was in his way and never said a thank you just a glare.

He was never a good anything, loud and bad timing, bad jokes, never understood how he lasted in sports so long as he doesn't seem to have insights either. Short little guy with too big of head also.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3jtov67f said:
I have ran into him also at the Bellevue Barnes and Nobel, actually going in as he was coming out, held the door open as a courtesy to let him come out before I went in, he acted like I was in his way and never said a thank you just a glare.

He was never a good anything, loud and bad timing, bad jokes, never understood how he lasted in sports so long as he doesn't seem to have insights either. Short little guy with too big of head also.

Sounds like politics will suit him well.

And with the picture above of his replacement, all I can say is "Tony who...?"

McG

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2fq35df2 said:
McG":2fq35df2 said:
HoustonHawk82":2fq35df2 said:
Met TV once, and he struck me as a bit full of himself, and not very nice.

Not like he was in the middle of anything either; no cameras or mics, just waiting in line for a coffee behind me. I wasn't causing a scene and/or being starstruck either, only a smile and a nod that he responded to with a "how ya doin?" and then 100% ignored my "love your stuff" response. Seemed to have a "I'm just a few pegs higher on the list than you" vibe to him.

Just an observation, but no matter how cool you are when performing in front of a camera, somebody has a good reason for thinking you're an ass when you're not. A shame, because he missed an oppotunity to be cool. I certainly was.

Still, I wish him the best.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who has been face to face with this guy and thought he was a pompous a-hole. The only difference between your story and mine is I was around 10 or 11 years old when I ran in to the man. I was at a Mariners game in the Kingdome (probably '92 or '93) and my friend and I were walking around the empty seats in the second level. We were walking in the front row, moving from section to section, watching the game and overall just having a great time just being little kids at a ballgame.

Well, eventually I ran into a man who was standing there, in the front row who I recognized. It was TV and even though I was just a little kid I still told him that I liked his work on King 5 or something to that effect. His reaction, was to call me a little M-blank'er and told me to blank-off because he was too busy to be bothered by little kids and that I would have to go back up the steps and around him. I understand now that he had a job to do and/or that he was probably about to go on air, but to talk to a little kid like that always made me think he was just a jerk or even a little crazy. Even the camera guy at the top of the stairs, who was walking down, said sorry to me or something like that.

Even then, he had no reason to be curt with you.

You'd think that a 20+ year career as an on-air personality would generate a lot of off-camera recognition. At some point, you have got to realize that being an asshole, to even a fraction of the folks you run into, might eventually come back around at you.

I mean, these are registered voters we're talking about.

Well luckily for him I'm now 34 and I live out of the state, so I can't go vote, just to vote against him. I just wonder how many times he's gone out of his way to be a jerk to anyone who recognizes him throughout the years. The ironic part about this whole situation is, when I was roughly the same age, my 6th grade class was visited by this "nice" officer one afternoon. I want to say it had something to do with the D.A.R.E. program, but this was over 20 years ago, so I could be wrong. Either way, officer that visited our class that day was none other than Dave Reichert, apparently the man TV is going to be running against for a place in Congress (correct me if I'm wrong, it's just the information I've gathered from this thread).

The insane thing about this whole situation is they are a two men, literally cut from the same cloth. While our teacher was in the class, Officer Reichert was sweet, kind and respectful. When she walked out of the room, he did a complete 180. Sure, we were a 6th grade class full of 11-12 year olds and we were probably being loud, rude and annoying. That doesn't give him the right to lose his temper and call the only black kid in class a bastard hoodlum that belongs in prison, before storming out of the room. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. The kid was a bad kid, don't get me wrong. He was a year older than everybody due to being held back a grade, also he was in a gang and God only knows what he's doing now, but that doesn't give anyone the right to tell a child, in a school of all places that they are a guest in, that they belong in prison. Well about 10 years later, when I was in my early 20's and about to join the Air Force I ran into Mr. Reichert again. My best friends parents were friends with him and he happened to be at their house for dinner. I wanted to ask him directly about the situation that happened when I was 12, but instead I just made a bit of small talk about joining the Air Force, he said he was in the Reserves back in the 70's, etc. Then asked him if he ever visited classes when he was an officer and he said yes and went on about it for a few minutes and I just left it at that.

Now, I understand that a lot can change in 20-25 years. I just find it odd that two people that I encountered as a youth, that acted deplorable around children, are now politicians. Oh and on a side note, TV has always reminded me of a used car sales man. I just had to say that after being forced to watch so many seahawks.com videos.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
WOW! TV sounds like a total DBag. I cant stand people like him. You to good for us fans Tony? Don't worry Tony we're not your fans. :192215: Go Hawks!!!12

Oh and please don't come back :les: . Jackie got this now. :th2thumbs:

The Outfield

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":ilcjgq6c said:
Tony V is the reason I haven't visited seahawks.com in years. He's terribly awkward and asks the most easy lay up questions possible. Good riddance!

Ditto!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":e575ysd1 said:
Ventrella was the worst. Like Mr Rogers was talking about my team.

Like a drunk Mr Rogers without the badass.

You guys know what Mr Rogers was actually in the Marines, and the reason he always wore long sleeves was to hide his tattoos, right ?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ventrella was the worst! He just repeated everything that had already been said. You never learned anything and he was *yawn* boring.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The video production quality has gone up too, I've noticed. On-screen graphics have been updated, they now play music behind the videos and there is an attempt to make the videos more interesting with new angles and slo-mo. After Tony left they seem to have upgraded that whole department, which is fine by me.

chris98251

Reaction score
She also has a Scarlett Johansson look to her I think as well.