Did not expect this in national NFL coverage on Hawks

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Did not expect this when reading PFT picks...

Florio’s take: The Chargers remain destined for great things. They’ll just have a tough time dealing with a Seahawks team that is building more and more momentum, and that will have extra emotion for the first home game since the passing of owner Paul Allen. The home team takes what could be a Super Bowl preview.

Florio’s pick: Seahawks 24, Chargers 21.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-picks-6/

HawkGA

Reaction score
Super Bowl preview seems like a bit of a stretch. The Chargers aren't beating out the Chiefs.

HawkerD

Reaction score
IS it my imagination or does the media always over-hype the Chargers? Seems like they are touted as the next big thing and then fail to deliver.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":3uf4n2tp said:
IS it my imagination or does the media always over-hype the Chargers? Seems like they are touted as the next big thing and then fail to deliver.

They're pretty damn balanced now. Before it was Rivers throwing for 500 yards, 3 TD's or bust..........now they have a top 10 defense that's playing well.

So definitely not overhyped, this is gonna be our hardest game of the year IMO next to the Rams game.

Rivers seems to have our number too, so we're going to need to generate a pass rush or he's going to torch us.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Put up 38 and 30 points on the #1 and #4 DVOA pass defenses respectively. I don't think they're overhyped.

Their defense is a different story, but...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JamesThomasHT/status/1057969182900252674[/tweet]

Plus they have far better corners than Detroit. The Detroit (and the Houston game last year) are prime examples of how Seattle usually wins when it does: Wilson tests the corners with fade routes and if the opposing corners can't make even one play on the ball, well, Seattle wins. That won't be the case here.

This is going to be like the Rams game, coming down to the last possession. I'd like to give the home team the advantage, but it will come down to whoever commits the worse timed penalty in the last three minutes.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ohh lord love a duck!!

Cry me a Philip isn't Super Bowl bound...please. :177692:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":cmc3jcqr said:
Ohh lord love a duck!!

Probably not, but like us I'd put the Chargers in that next group of teams below the Chiefs and Patriots. So not a push over by any means.

Have you not seen the last 2-3 games against the Chargers? Rivers carved us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
HawkerD":e745ig10 said:
90% of the stuff i watch have them as locked for the sb lol

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2c4o4y01 said:
Seymour":2c4o4y01 said:
Ohh lord love a duck!!

Probably not, but like us I'd put the Chargers in that next group of teams below the Chiefs and Patriots. So not a push over by any means.

Have you not seen the last 2-3 games against the Chargers? Rivers carved us up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Yep.....from their shady side on the stadium, in their white uni's in 105 deg heat. I saw it. :idea:

Pretty much has little to nothing to do with this week though IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":ggpva3tn said:
Sgt. Largent":ggpva3tn said:
Seymour":ggpva3tn said:
Ohh lord love a duck!!

Yep.....from their shady side on the stadium, in their white uni's in 105 deg heat. I saw it. :idea:

Well it has something to do with it, same QB, receivers........and now a better defense.

But yes, I agree now it's in our house, and we're rolling with the run game and the healthiest we've been all year.

Hawks 24
Chargers 17

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4zhxyh5o said:
Seymour":4zhxyh5o said:
Sgt. Largent":4zhxyh5o said:
Seymour":4zhxyh5o said:
Ohh lord love a duck!!

Well it has something to do with it, same QB, receivers........and now a better defense.

But yes, I agree now it's in our house, and we're rolling with the run game and the healthiest we've been all year.

Hawks 24
Chargers 17

Agree. Our defense is better now.

Receivers are somewhat different though and "Jimmy the Liability" is gone.

Also....we have a new superstar!!!

SOLARI

Latestcb20110901025125

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
Seymour":2xhsktwa said:
Sgt. Largent":2xhsktwa said:
Seymour":2xhsktwa said:
Sgt. Largent":2xhsktwa said:

Hawks 24
Chargers 17

Agree. Our defense is better now.

Receivers are somewhat different though and "Jimmy the Liability" is gone.

Also....we have a new superstar!!!

SOLARI
glad i see big mike getting some praise
Latestcb20110901025125

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3topq23f said:
HawkerD":3topq23f said:

They're pretty damn balanced now. Before it was Rivers throwing for 500 yards, 3 TD's or bust..........now they have a top 10 defense that's playing well.

So definitely not overhyped, this is gonna be our hardest game of the year IMO next to the Rams game.

Rivers seems to have our number too, so we're going to need to generate a pass rush or he's going to torch us.

Really? You do realize the teams they've played year? It's a whose who of bottom feeders. Of course they look awesome against the likes of the Browns, Raiders, and Bills. They barely beat the 49ers and Titans at HOME. The other 2 teams they've played RAMS and KC-They've lost by double digits. I think they are an untested team to say the least.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jlwaters1":120uijv6 said:
Sgt. Largent":120uijv6 said:
HawkerD":120uijv6 said:

Really? You do realize the teams they've played year? It's a whose who of bottom feeders.

Not on defense. Offense is the problem on those teams, not defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1u0mr95g said:
Sgt. Largent":1u0mr95g said:
HawkerD":1u0mr95g said:

Really? You do realize the teams they've played year? It's a whose who of bottom feeders. Of course they look awesome against the likes of the Browns, Raiders, and Bills. They barely beat the 49ers and Titans at HOME. The other 2 teams they've played RAMS and KC-They've lost by double digits. I think they are an untested team to say the least.

You could say the same about us, who have we beat?

So far our biggest wins are against a 3-4 Lions and Cowboys teams.............so we're every bit as untested as the Chargers are. I like our chances at home like I said above, but I'm certainly not underestimating what looks like a very good Chargers team, on both sides of the ball.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dntsyxf said:
jlwaters1":2dntsyxf said:
Sgt. Largent":2dntsyxf said:
HawkerD":2dntsyxf said:

So far our biggest wins are against a 3-4 Lions and Cowboys teams.............so we're every bit as untested as the Chargers are. I like our chances at home like I said above, but I'm certainly not underestimating what looks like a very good Chargers team, on both sides of the ball.

Taking the Rams to the wire in a 2 point game was a damn good test....so I'll disagree here. That was anyone's game.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Seymour":2do56goe said:
Sgt. Largent":2do56goe said:
jlwaters1":2do56goe said:
Sgt. Largent":2do56goe said:

Taking the Rams to the wire in a 2 point game was a damn good test....so I'll disagree here. That was anyone's game.

I agree.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think we'll take them to the wire. I don't think it'll be a slam dunk.

Latest posts