Did Russ set himself and his oline up?

Seymour

Reaction score
I was thinking of that pre game presser where Russell was really laying it on thick on Donald. Called him the best player he has ever played against and went on and on about the big challenge.

I don't remember him going quite that far prior to a game before, although he does often acknowledge the opponent pretty regularly. Well sure as shit, it came true. Donald had literally the best game of his career. Did this get into his own head and our olines head and contribute to the beating? Again, career best game in our house??....

I don't mind Russell praising the competition a bit, but laying it on that thick was a bit sickening IMO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think that's pretty normal of RW. He is a respectful player. I have no issue with it. We have gotten all kinds of praise from opposing teams the past few seasons.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3v730c9o said:
I think that's pretty normal of RW. He is a respectful player. I have no issue with it. We have gotten all kinds of praise from opposing teams the past few seasons.

I agree, but did you see the presser I'm talking about? He went a bit beyond "normal" to single out best player in the NFL then look at his reaction in the game. May be nothing, but it is human nature to look for support of your own beliefs. (Create our own reality)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seymour":7qr7f5wt said:
I was thinking of that pre game presser where Russell was really laying it on thick on Donald. Called him the best player he has ever played against and went on and on about the big challenge.

I don't remember him going quite that far prior to a game before, although he does often acknowledge the opponent pretty regularly. Well sure as shit, it came true. Donald had literally the best game of his career. Did this get into his own head and our olines head and contribute to the beating? Again, career best game in our house??....

I don't mind Russell praising the competition a bit, but laying it on that thick was a bit sickening IMO.

Yeah it's Russell getting in his own head and not the best DT in football just manhandling our outmatched OL like he's done every single time he's played against them.

:sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ji1z2uk said:
Seymour":1ji1z2uk said:

Yeah it's Russell getting in his own head and not the best DT in football just manhandling our outmatched OL like he's done every single time he's played against them.

:sarcasm_on:

That was the same team we beat week 5 in their house you know.

Did you notice any difference between then and now?

Also, I said contributed, not entirely explains. I would hope one would know the difference.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yk5q5zt said:
And giving the opponent credit is wrong because?

It's not.

There is a difference between giving credit and crowning as King of the NFL though. Russ literally did that before the game. Players don't usually point to other players around the league and say they are without a doubt the very best player (unless it's a teammate they are hyping on).

Oh well. Must be me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has been that way his entire career. No matter who they are playing, he talks them way up. I'll take that over the Dewshy Erin Rodgers or Clam Poopin way of things.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Donald is a JJ Watt in his prime level player. So Russ probably could've given him more praise and not have been over exaggerating.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":2iuo3hhv said:
Donald is a JJ Watt in his prime level player. So Russ probably could've given him more praise and not have been over exaggerating.

I agree with that too. This is more a question of "is it a good idea to go and tell Ifedi and Pocic that?" and could it have an effect on them though.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Eh if they're that mentally weak then what can you do? They've seen Donald in the film room so they should know what he's capable of.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Your overthinking it.
The opposite could be said of his building up the matchup with Donald.
If Russell played out of his mind and won against Donald (a potential defensive MVP) then Russ would have looked that much better.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Psychologocally, giving praise to your opponent should make them friendlier to you right?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ifedi got triggered and thought he was blocking Donald when in fact he's supposed to block their edge rushers?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maybe he went overboard hoping Donald would take it easy on him. Nope.

Latest posts