Did the Seahawks FO know Thomas injury was coming?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3m80r52g said:
1. Those of you trashing the OP and his idea that the front office had concerns about the leg need to step off.

I think it's the way the OP worded the thread title, cause we're all saying the same thing.................yes our FO had reservations about Earl's injury history, and that's why we didn't give him an extension.

I guess the rest is up for conspiracy theories about some sort of FO vs Earl with regards to how he treated and repaired the last break.

D

DomeHawk

twisted_steel2":21cq38g6 said:
Brock and Salk mentioned it this morning, that the Hawks wanted to have him have a rod inserted, and it wasn't done. Just a natural heal, like you and I would do. Maybe he wouldn't have broken it again if there was a titanium rod surgically implanted. I don't know.... we don't even know yet if it was in the same location? Is that info out yet?

:ditto: Heard the same thing. Don't know if it was in the exact same area but same lower leg.

2_0_6

Reaction score
All tin foil hat theories aside, it is very possible that the Hawks doctors knew that risk of him reinjuring this same exact leg in a similar way was real.

AgentDib

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":15tgegy7 said:
They didn't offer him a long term deal, knowing that the leg could go again at any time (as evidenced yesterday unfortunately).
Not to nitpick here but the Hawks did not offer Earl the $60m deal that he was reportedly looking for. I think it's very likely that they had lower proposals on the table based on their desire to retain Earl and how they normally do business. His injury risk certainly played into the amount they were willing to offer, but if they thought it was a ticking time bomb situation then they would have been more willing to trade him away.