Did we hold back last week?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hoxrox":2582ji7w said:
NinerLifer":2582ji7w said:
austinslater25":2582ji7w said:
Niner lifer-same could be said for your guys defense. You had all off season to prepare for Green Bay and still couldn't stop them. Needed a Lacey fumble at HOME to win. Analysts are questioning your defense as well after late last year and week one this year. My guess is our offense will be fine.

Wouldn't say that we NEEDED the Lacy fumble to win bro. It happened in Packers territory near the beginning of the 2nd QTR.

It can be easily argued however that you NEEDED the D. Williams fumble since it happened with about 5 minutes left in the game and it would have been 1st & Goal from YOUR 8, against your run D that wasn't doing much at the moment.

So a Panther score would have put them up 12-14, or 12-10, with 4-5 mins left on the clock. Are you saying that RW can company couldn't have gotten at least a FG with 4-5 mins?

Remember, even that last drive ended in a victory formation. There were more plays to be had if "needed"

Assuming they would have scored on the next play, then you could have had time to possibly put up 3. However only being able to put up 12 all day, as an outsider looking in I wouldn't bet on your teams ability to do it that day.

WarHawks

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2pizib4p said:
hoxrox":2pizib4p said:
NinerLifer":2pizib4p said:
austinslater25":2pizib4p said:
Niner lifer-same could be said for your guys defense. You had all off season to prepare for Green Bay and still couldn't stop them. Needed a Lacey fumble at HOME to win. Analysts are questioning your defense as well after late last year and week one this year. My guess is our offense will be fine.

Wouldn't say that we NEEDED the Lacy fumble to win bro. It happened in Packers territory near the beginning of the 2nd QTR.

It can be easily argued however that you NEEDED the D. Williams fumble since it happened with about 5 minutes left in the game and it would have been 1st & Goal from YOUR 8, against your run D that wasn't doing much at the moment.

So a Panther score would have put them up 12-14, or 12-10, with 4-5 mins left on the clock. Are you saying that RW can company couldn't have gotten at least a FG with 4-5 mins?

Remember, even that last drive ended in a victory formation. There were more plays to be had if "needed"

Assuming they would have scored on the next play, the. You could have had time to possibly put up 3. However only being able to put up 12 all day, as an outsider looking in I wouldn't bet on your teams ability to do it that day.

Then you must not have watched the Hawks at all last season. RW had numerous come from behind 4th qtr victories. 4-5 minutes to score 3 points? Are you kidding? Piece of cake. Stop trying to pretend the Hawks aren't capable just because they had to play a tight game on the road. Good grief. :141847_bnono:

mjwhitay

Reaction score
People taking stock of what happened in week one and how it's a sign of things to come are FUNNY :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Thanks guys, very entertaining stuff

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Last season is last season.

In week one, I'm pretty sure you can agree that you guys didn't look like you did from last season.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NinerLifer":2d9pkfol said:
Doubtful

And if you guys did hold back just because PC didn't want to tip his hand to Harbaugh, you guys should be freakin' pissed at ol' Carroll for jeapordizing an 0-1 start to the season just because of his career long rivalry with Jim.

It would be different if you guys were in control of that game while still lookin vanilla. But to NEED a game saving turnover near your own endzone, that is absolutely absurd to think that your own coach would hold back that much.

You guys had the whole off season to plan and prepare for that game, and to only put up 12 points is weird for how your offense was rolling during the second half of last season, and is why I guess I have seen analysts this week start questioning your teams lethality now.

Leave.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1d4vb85f said:
NinerLifer":1d4vb85f said:
Doubtful

And if you guys did hold back just because PC didn't want to tip his hand to Harbaugh, you guys should be freakin' pissed at ol' Carroll for jeapordizing an 0-1 start to the season just because of his career long rivalry with Jim.

It would be different if you guys were in control of that game while still lookin vanilla. But to NEED a game saving turnover near your own endzone, that is absolutely absurd to think that your own coach would hold back that much.

You guys had the whole off season to plan and prepare for that game, and to only put up 12 points is weird for how your offense was rolling during the second half of last season, and is why I guess I have seen analysts this week start questioning your teams lethality now.

Leave.

Amen.

Tired of smug Niner fans. You can't say squat about them, but they are Judge and Jury in judging our performance.

There were a lot of games this first week in which odd things happened.

The Seahawks could easily have put 7 on the prior to half-time and another 7 at the end of the game. I've went through the tape and I think we did better than perceived.

Hawks46

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ajnjwhoa said:
Doubtful

I agree with this. I think people underestimate Carolina's front 7; it could be the best 4 man front in the league (Detroit's is pretty nasty, but the Panthers' DE's are much better than the Lions'). We do a lot of pulling and motion; just one singularly distruptive DT that can penetrate very well and beat one on one blocks can make you have to change up a lot of things. Now add 2-3 very disruptive linemen and one of the better young MLB's in the game shooting the gaps, and a former Pro Bowler in Beason playing on the outside; it's not going to be an easy day.

We think we have one of the better LB crews in the league, but compare Keuchly to Wagner, and Beason to Wright and it's pretty much a wash. Their LBers are every bit as good as ours. Sometimes it's not what you do wrong, but what the other team does right. You can't totally own everyone. Niners fans are going to learn that this year, for sure.

It's also just not us that has trouble travelling from the West Coast to the East with a 10 am start; historically all the teams doing that travelling have a worse record than other road games. It's just not easy.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":pcelcfwo said:
NinerLifer":pcelcfwo said:
Doubtful

Leave.

Typical, afraid of a little constructive criticism.

I forgot that the only posts that are allowed on this board are the ones that make one sound like they are thirst for RW's baby batter.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Even if Carolina had scored, we would have driven the field and won. Wilson just does that.

We most certainly have plays from similar formations that the 49ers have not seen on tape yet.

Veilside

Reaction score
I can totally see where the Niner fans hope is coming from that our offense has taken a step back. However, it's too early to say just yet but I would bet on the bigger factor being that Carolina's defense will be elite this season. That may just be hope on my part, but we'll have a much better idea which one is true after our game and the Panthers game.

formido

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1e7pvzek said:
Last season is last season.

In week one, I'm pretty sure you can agree that you guys didn't look like you did from last season.

Seattle drove the length of the field in the very game we're talking about to close it out against a Carolina defense that needed a stop. The drive even started near the end zone, much further back than if Seattle had received a kick-off. If they'd felt like it, Seattle could have kicked a field goal. Your troll-fu is bad.

Axx

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3navninm said:
Zebulon Dak":3navninm said:
NinerLifer":3navninm said:
Doubtful

Leave.

I forgot that the only posts that are allowed on this board are the ones that make one sound like they are thirst for RW's baby batter.

137869371659.png

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I don't think we held anything back, we were trying out some new things.
We were fully aware that Carolina would not score more than 7 points.
remember.. I'm always correct.. :)

mretrade

Reaction score
Veilside":32ionylo said:
I can totally see where the Niner fans hope is coming from that our offense has taken a step back. However, it's too early to say just yet but I would bet on the bigger factor being that Carolina's defense will be elite this season. That may just be hope on my part, but we'll have a much better idea which one is true after our game and the Panthers game.

The reality is it is just one game and doesn't mean much.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Niner lifer are you saying you guys looked in top form? Your defense got destroyed at home. Quit trolling. Seattle will have to do better on offense no doubt.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NinerLifer":f4750zsu said:
Zebulon Dak":f4750zsu said:
NinerLifer":f4750zsu said:
Doubtful

Leave.

Constructive criticism? Constructive? How the hell do you give constructive criticism to somebody who has no control over how things are done? You want me to forward that info to coach or something?

What a stupid post. Idiotic. GTFO.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
austinslater25":qx9z62we said:
Niner lifer are you saying you guys looked in top form? Your defense got destroyed at home. Quit trolling. Seattle will have to do better on offense no doubt.

Not at all. We for sure have things to work on, never said we didn't. In fact, knowing that we have corrections to make even after a strong game last week, makes me hopeful for an even better season than last year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Again you use a different standard for your team than you do the Seahawks....completely subjective. Both respective units played equally bad. The fact that you won't admit that makes it hard to take you serious. Not trying to be a jerk either.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3vjx3ydu said:
NinerLifer":3vjx3ydu said:
Zebulon Dak":3vjx3ydu said:
NinerLifer":3vjx3ydu said:
Doubtful

Leave.

Constructive criticism? Constructive? How the hell do you give constructive criticism to somebody who has no control over how things are done? You want me to forward that info to coach or something?

What a stupid post. Idiotic. GTFO.

Dude...chill the hell out. You reek of insecurity bro!

Latest posts