Dion Bailey

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
You can hope and pray all you want for bailey to be like Kam, but the truth is talent is talent. Kam is a freak of nature. It will never happen. In this case there is no "next man up". Kam will cave soon and then you can breath a sigh of relief. Bailey is like running Craig Dahl out there and say be like Kam

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
What Bailey could use most is having Kam on the field to learn from and mentoring him. Watching, visualizing, and analyzing the play of someone better than you helps your game. That's another byproduct of Kam's holdout.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":1t218e02 said:
A 40 times is not the same as field speed an especially when it's a 6'3 230 lb safety as opposed to a 6' 205. Bailey is not fast which is why he went Undrafted , that an he's just not very good.

I was pointing out what was incorrect about your post. They are the same speed. That's it. I said nothing else outside of the fact that you said Bailey was slow and Kam was fast which is incorrect. Im well aware of size differences. Again, they are the same speed so saying one is slow and the other runs like the wind is incorrect.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":11njs8jh said:
You can hope and pray all you want for bailey to be like Kam, but the truth is talent is talent. Kam is a freak of nature. It will never happen. In this case there is no "next man up". Kam will cave soon and then you can breath a sigh of relief. Bailey is like running Craig Dahl out there and say be like Kam

I don't think anyone wants bailey to be like Kam. They are a different style of player. One great thing about Pete and John is they play to players strengths. Kam was a 5th round pick. Many teams passed on him in the draft. Had Kam been drafted by a team that forced him into a different scheme (cover 2 for example) he likely would have remained a backup.

If I had to pick why Kam has been successful I would say its because of the scheme and not the talent. Again, he was a 5th round pick, Bailey was undrafted. There isn't much of a difference between going undrafted and being a 5th rounder.

sc85sis

Reaction score
No one should expect Dion to be Kam any more than Kam could be Dion. They are different players with unique strengths and weaknesses. Let's please not heap criticism on Dion if he fails to be an overnight superstar.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
For the record, Kam has run as fast as a 4.47 in college before the hip injuries, which was right about the time he moved from CB to Safety. I'd also say that he's also one of the more quick twitch safeties in the entire NFL. The consistent "flash" through your screen is a tell, but I think where his CB feet and explosion were really on display was that SB coverage of Welker. To be able to sink his hips and come off that route and get to where he needed to be was uncanny.

That said, we have no idea how fast Kam is right now especially after the hip surgeries and other relative health. He's likely a good solid 4.5, which was plenty fast enough to chase down Krapernick 65 yards downfield even after being cut blocked.

On that same token, we also don't know where Bailey is at in that department. He very well could have broken that 4.6 barrier by now. We'll see how fast he plays onthe field Sunday. Some players are a little faster when chasing and the predator kicks in. I know it certainly works that way for Kam.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bailey ran 4.62/40 & Kam ran 4.69/40 pre-draft. Kam weighs 25 lbs more than Bailey.

Bailey was highly ranked as by draft scout #128 pre-draft but there were questions regarding his transition to SS from LB where he mostly played at USC.

I doubt the drop off is going to be that significant between the two except for the fact that Kam lays out pain on cross routes and WRs and TEs need to know where he is at all times or they'll get lit up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
two dog":2y2q59wv said:
Thanks for the tutorial. No sarcasm here, I mean it, thank you.

Actually, I'm far more worried about our starting right side corner than
I am about Bailey. No names mentioned so thread not jacked.

Tru7th.

Simon played well for about a quarter during the preseason, other than that NONE of the other DB's including Williams played well. So I'm scared to death that he and whoever's in the nickel and dime package is going to get picked on. Especially when we play good QB's.