Divisional Round Injury Reports (UPDATED 1/15)

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":4fb1arft said:
Lynch practicing hasn't been a problem. It's been his getting on the bus that stops up the works.
Maybe they should have him practice boarding a bus. ;)

DeeHawks

Reaction score
sutz":aw3qdcr2 said:
MontanaHawk05":aw3qdcr2 said:
Lynch practicing hasn't been a problem. It's been his getting on the bus that stops up the works.
Maybe they should have him practice boarding a bus. ;)
LOL

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Whatever, I live in Missouri. Show me. He can practice until the Rapture comes. Show Me.....get it yet? Rather just go with Brown and Michael at this point. At least they are available and will actually try to do enough to keep the defense from killing Wilson.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
In a post last weekend, I wrote that it seemed to me that Marshawn just "didn't have the stomach" to play in that bitter cold weather. He will play this Sunday. He's done run out of sick days!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3erggu1u said:
In a post last weekend, I wrote that it seemed to me that Marshawn just "didn't have the stomach" to play in that bitter cold weather. He will play this Sunday. He's done run out of sick days!
Show Me. I love that living in Missouri teaches you that. Just stop talking and prove it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Honestly I never get what that means,"The show me state"is that from the wild west times?Too lazy to look that up lol

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3evjoq8e said:
Honestly I never get what that means,"The show me state"is that from the wild west times?Too lazy to look that up lol

Missouri has always been the "Show me" state, and the meaning has always been clear. Talk is just talk, and talk quickly becomes meaningless if not backed up by action.

Somehow I learned that in 4th grade in the Treasure State.

In Seahawks history, Chuck Knox had quite a few Knoxisms that fit right in with this whole concept.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The coaches said he was a full participant, and looked good in practice. They made no commitment on whether he would play because that's up to how Lynch feels.

What exactly do any of them have to 'show' somebody? They have to prove he looked good in practice? I have no problem believing that. Some of Youse peeples get too worked up.

Vetamur

Reaction score
He means "show me by actually playing"...get on the damn bus, get on the damn plane. I didnt mine all the passive aggressive "I dont want attention but I will do anything to get attention" stuff when it was balanced out by Beast Quakes. Now its a guy who rehabs away from the team, practices all week, then a couple days BEFORE the game says he cant go and doesnt make the trip. Doesnt even say, "I will go along and see if it feels any better in the next couple days". There was no set back, he just didnt have, in PCs words, "the confidence". At that point youre becoming a liability..costing people reps. For mentality sake I would have been so tempted to IR him this week...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
The venom you guys have for Marshawn blows me away.

It's almost like most of you been lurking and just waiting for a reason to turn on him. Now that you can you have.

Keep your hate. Please don't cheer for him if he does well.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I don't get the Lynch hate, either. This is the guy's first surgery. He doesn't know what to expect as this is new territory for his body. The fact that a large contingent of Seahawks fans won't give him some leeway is appaling.

Okay, maybe appaling is too strong, but some of you guys are dicks.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't get the full on hate either but I also don't get the Lynch can do no wrong angle just as much(not saying you guys). This whole situation is so weird that after all is said and done nothing would shock me. It could Percy Harvin type drama behind the scenes or Lynch really is the best teammate on the planet. I really have no idea.

I'm skeptical Lynch will be any better than Michael at this stage because of what we've seen this year but if he truly is healthy than he could definitely give us a huge boost. I'll be cheering for Lynch/Michael or whoever they run out there.

beaumaris

Reaction score
olyfan63":29iu7s88 said:
IndyHawk":29iu7s88 said:

Missouri has always been the "Show me" state, and the meaning has always been clear. Talk is just talk, and talk quickly becomes meaningless if not backed up by action.

Somehow I learned that in 4th grade in the Treasure State.

In Seahawks history, Chuck Knox had quite a few Knoxisms that fit right in with this whole concept.

Chuck Knox,Zorn to Largent,some great memories there. :th2thumbs:

Ruminator

Reaction score
This was a pretty serious surgery where they inserted a mesh. He may have "looked good" in practice last week, but I heard it was pretty painful for him. So if it's possible that after a few days of encouraging practice, on the day it was time to decide whether he's playing Sunday his gut told him it would be a health risk, why would any of us jump to conclusions and vent about it? I don't think Lynch could care less how cold it was. That was his first full week of practice, and the rigors of juking around and taking hits was undoubtedly a painful remainder that he's still on the mend.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Any time a key player – especially an RB – comes back from surgery, we see a retired player – often an RB – on TV saying it's not the knee/ankle/groin/whatever itself, but the player's trust to use it like he did before the injury.

That's what I thought of when I first heard Marshawn was a no-go last Friday. If Beast didn't trust his body to hold up to hits and move like he used to, then there's no point in him being on the field.

Until the 30 For 30 comes out in 10 years telling us he was just playing mind games with the coaches, teammates, media, and fans, I'm not going down that road.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":g4lka9sb said:
Any time a key player – especially an RB – comes back from surgery, we see a retired player – often an RB – on TV saying it's not the knee/ankle/groin/whatever itself, but the player's trust to use it like he did before the injury.

That's what I thought of when I first heard Marshawn was a no-go last Friday. If Beast didn't trust his body to hold up to hits and move like he used to, then there's no point in him being on the field.

Until the 30 For 30 comes out in 10 years telling us he was just playing mind games with the coaches, teammates, media, and fans, I'm not going down that road.

So much this HATC. Many people like to make up stories based on half baked information. I shouldn't, but it makes me a little crazy. Danny O'Neil is on this kick that Martian is behaving like a bad employee based on the timing of when he said he was a no go. I do not understand the logic. If he told them as soon as he realized he was a no go he's doing exactly what's best for the team. If he didn't...maybe. But DO has no actual info to base his accusation. As do most of the haters.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I have a theory about what went on last week with Lynch. I think he got scared about his first outing back from surgery being in minus 6 degree weather. I really don't think it is any deeper than that. He didn't even make the trip to be on the side lines with his teammates. I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Carolina. 50+ degrees warmer there.

If he doesn't go there too then cut his ass and be done with the drama. If we can beat Carolina without him then we can beat anyone without him. Beastmode is in drama mode.

StoneCold

Reaction score
v1rotv2":gjmtj7av said:
I have a theory about what went on last week with Lynch. I think he got scared about his first outing back from surgery being in minus 6 degree weather. I really don't think it is any deeper than that. He didn't even make the trip to be on the side lines with his teammates. I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Carolina. 50+ degrees warmer there.

If he doesn't go there too then cut his ass and be done with the drama. If we can beat Carolina without him then we can beat anyone without him. Beastmode is in drama mode.

Luke Willson also did not travel to Minny. Shall we cut his ass too?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Luke Willson was in concussion protocol and didn't practice fully last week. Marshawn practiced fully, and, per Carroll, had no physical setback with his injury. Apples and oranges. You would expect Luke to stay home, and you would expect Marshawn to travel with the team and maybe see if he feels better by game time.

I'm not sure an NFL player has ever ruled himself out on a Friday after practicing all week. Ever. That just shows how unique these circumstances were and why there's been some skepticism, not just by fans but by people like Brock Huard and Mike Holmgren as well. Mike said if the team cleared one of his players, he was playing.

Anyway, I think he makes it back this Sunday. He's an odd cat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but like last week it just sounds like Pete is doing his best Belicheat impression by forcing Carolina to spend time preparing for Lynch..............even though he's probably not going to play.

If Lynch plays, great. But I've already resigned myself to him not playing.