DJ Fluker asking Pete to take him back...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I would have been on board with this move a few weeks ago, and I think he deserves another shot, but I don't think we should sign him.

At this point, I'm struggling to find ways to get our rookies, Bradford and Oluwatimi, onto the field. Both Bradford and Oluwatimi have played well enough to warrant serious consideration for more playing time, even with a healthy set of Lewis, Haynes, and Brown up front.
Bradford was terrible last week.

getnasty

Reaction score
I always thought he'd be tough to move if he was playing DT. I say sign him and let him play both ways.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The OL was terrible, and Bradford had some misses (including the final play) but I thought Bradford played well (especially run blocking).
When a guy gets back up and just stands there when a play is still ongoing, or is looking around serenely not knowing who to block, it's beyond just rookie greenhood.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
When a guy gets back up and just stands there when a play is still ongoing, or is looking around serenely not knowing who to block, it's beyond just rookie greenhood.
I tend to trust my eye over PFF, but PFF ratings often provide some value.

Cross, in his first game back, allowed four hurries (no hits or sacks).
Haynes played hurt, and it showed. He allowed two sacks, and four total pressures.
Brown was a rock, and only allowed two hurries (no hits or sacks).
Curhan had a bad game, and allowed a sack, five (!) hits, and a total of seven pressures. But he's a backup who was playing injured.
Bradford allowed no sacks, two hits, and three total pressures.

Given his limited playing experience in college and where we took him, I'm extremely pleased with how Bradford played last week.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I don't dislike Fluker. But as it stands now, I believe the Hawks' only 2024 cap space is carry over from this year. I'm not sure it's worth it.

The Seahawks currently have $19.6M in cap space next year with 40 players under contract.

If Jamal Adams isn't injured when the next offseason starts, the Seahawks can also create another $16.5M of 2024 cap space by designating him as a post-June 1 cut.
And I don't see how a for-the-rest-of-this-season vet-minimum deal for Fluker would have any effect at all on next year's cap, other than the dead money from moving on from some other interior lineman.

sutz

Reaction score
Given the mash status of our O-line, can't argue against some more depth. Another vet on the practice squad getting in game shape sounds like a good idea.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Seahawks currently have $19.6M in cap space next year with 40 players under contract.

If Jamal Adams isn't injured when the next offseason starts, the Seahawks can also create another $16.5M of 2024 cap space by designating him as a post-June 1 cut.
And I don't see how a for-the-rest-of-this-season vet-minimum deal for Fluker would have any effect at all on next year's cap, other than the dead money from moving on from some other interior lineman.
The numbers Sportrac shows are very different. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2024/

It looks like somewhere between $3 and $10 million, whether or not you include the rollover.

EDIT: it looks like OTC isn't calculating Geno's incentives in the cap number. Sportrac is. That explains most of the discrepancies.

Last edited:

balakoth

Reaction score
I would have been on board with this move a few weeks ago, and I think he deserves another shot, but I don't think we should sign him.

At this point, I'm struggling to find ways to get our rookies, Bradford and Oluwatimi, onto the field. Both Bradford and Oluwatimi have played well enough to warrant serious consideration for more playing time, even with a healthy set of Lewis, Haynes, and Brown up front.
I want Bradford OFF the field