DK not at mandatory mini camp

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In a chilling tweet from the always reliable source of Ian Rapaport 🙄, DK Metcalf is not present for mandatory mini camp while he rehabs his injury.

Is this a non story, or are any of you freaking the heck out that he's not even at Seahawks HQ, and he's planning on holding out?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1654630176244.jpg
    FB_IMG_1654630176244.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 10

nwHawk

Reaction score
Get healthy young buck. Nothing to see here.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
We probably aren't going to the playoffs this season anyways, so if he's going to hold out, this would be the offseason. Give some of the young guys some extra reps.

Rat

Reaction score
Wouldn't blame him for holding out. WR contracts are going through the roof and he's got considerable leverage.

Sounds like this probably isn't that though.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Do I even write anything? Shhhhhheeeeeeeiiiiiiit.

I wouldn't show up yet either. He will be here though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
We probably aren't going to the playoffs this season anyways, so if he's going to hold out, this would be the offseason. Give some of the young guys some extra reps.
What kind of beneficial reps can guys get, when our QBs wouldn’t be able to beat out Trent Dilfer?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's rehabbing an injury and this is a nothing to see situation.

He knows the team wants to keep him and will redo his deal as the offseason progresses.

Tempest in a teapot.

GemCity

Reaction score
Rumors are rumors but…if he’s really getting fined….then there is a reason to worry a bit.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'd consider trading him, only for a big haul though, 1st and 3rd

GemCity

Reaction score
DKs one of my favorite Hawks…but if he’s looking at $20M+, while we’re “in-between” QBs….hard to imagine JS going that route.

rcaido

Reaction score
Called this awhile back. Should have fired Pete and then trade metcalf instead of wilson. Jets were offering so much for him.

Probably be a Packer or Chief.

Rainger

Reaction score
It is his Agent. Doing the same thing with Debo in SF. Agents can make or break a players career. Not good. But to those saying we should have traded him please go shoot yourself and spare us.

I choose to remain optimistic about the outcome. Maybe it will work out better by doing the extension this year rather than next. prices only going to go up for a stud like him.

Cant go around getting rid of every player who wants to get paid in line with the market.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
DKs one of my favorite Hawks…but if he’s looking at $20M+, while we’re “in-between” QBs….hard to imagine JS going that route.
The FO knew we didn't have a top 10 QB when they refused the Jets offer of the 10th pick (iirc) in the draft. Clearly they are considering DK's ability to catch the ball and take it up field on the fly. This will be a case of paying the player based on his potential more than on his performance to date. DK is a beast and I've said it for 2 years now, he will ultimately, barring the unforeseeable, be the best WR in the league. I think we'll end up giving him 100 for 4. And I'd be fine with that. 2-3 years down the road, he will be a bargain at 25 per.

The only thing disturbing to me is that when the FO put the closed sign up on any trade offers, I sure as hell thought the two camps had some level of understanding ..a gentleman's agreement, if you will. I mean WTH, is this yet another Pete and JS **** up we're seeing here?