DK!!!!!! PICK 64 ROUND 2 DK METCALF WR OLE MISS

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":1zf0s8oq said:
Of the two Rebel WRs, AJ. Brown was by far my favorite. Metcalf couldn’t unseat AJ as #1 WR last two seasons. It they are my alums so I love them both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. The slot guy vs the outside big X.

Different players. Like trying to compare a leadoff hitter with someone who bats cleanup. Different skill sets entirely.

Metcalf fits the Seahawks perfectly. They will chuck it deep off of playaction, and Metcalf is going to feast.

Mick063

Reaction score
Imagine what a Julio Jones type player would do for this offense.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
One vid I watched actually compares his skill set to Megatron's. Megatron made his living running gos, slants, posts and curls.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Fade":1zi0hji5 said:
toffee":1zi0hji5 said:
Of the two Rebel WRs, AJ. Brown was by far my favorite. Metcalf couldn’t unseat AJ as #1 WR last two seasons. It they are my alums so I love them both!

Different players. Like trying to compare a leadoff hitter with someone who bats cleanup. Different skill sets entirely.

Metcalf fits the Seahawks perfectly. They will chuck it deep off of playaction, and Metcalf is going to feast.

Slot guys get the numbers and are chain movers. X guys are big play guys.

Now the the best deep ball passer in the NFL has a true deep threat guy. Has me excited.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Largent80":2se4busw said:
Maelstrom787":2se4busw said:
I don't like this one at all. Consistently inconsistent receiver, in the offense that passes the least in the NFL?

Might as well have drafted Chris Conley or Stephen Hill

Maybe you would be a better choice?
I'll trust the f.o. on this.

No, I wouldn't be. What a nonsense reply. I trust the FO as well. Clearly, you weren't attempting to start an actual football discussion, so whatever.

BigMeach

Reaction score
6 foot 3, 34 7/8" arms, 4.33 40...

What the hell you gonna do with the best deep ball thrower throwing to this guy?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Mick063":1vqpzh7l said:
Imagine what Julio Jones type player would do for this offense.

Nowhere near as polished.

Hes a high ceiling guy. People bash the Callier pick for not being a 10 sack potential guy but this guy is the definition of high risk high reward

Elemas

Reaction score
I like Brown too but, with DKs physical abilities...I see him fitting right in.

Also, I'm hoping we balance our offense out a bit. We've committed to RW. It's time to put a little faith in our passing game.

Would love to see us take Winovich or a CB next, after those two slots...tag another receiver...snatch up an OT....

Not sure how we feel about LBs in this draft.

Truly believe that Shaq's sophomore jinx can be corrected with a bit of motivation in the form of position competitiveness.

Best draft move yet for 2019!

Mick063

Reaction score
What would be his ceiling?

Terrell Owens?
Calvin Johnson?
Julio Jones?

Honestly. He has the tools to be that kind of player.

Definitely fits the bill as a WR1

Chapow

Reaction score
I can't believe we got this guy with the 64th pick.

I'm absolutely loving this draft!

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]Y9EAnLHj2v4[/youtube]

A good breakdown for those who want to know.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":1q37no78 said:
toffee":1q37no78 said:

I am reading that angry Doug might be done, with that Lockett the next slot WR with Metcalf playing flanker?

James in PA

Reaction score
I called this one!!! Well, ok, he was my prediction for our FIRST Round 2 selection, but still...

Happy we have finally have big, fast deep threat for the best deep ball thrower in the NFL!!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NathanE11/status/1121952293966893056[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":1m5zqzlf said:
Fade":1m5zqzlf said:
toffee":1m5zqzlf said:

I am reading that angry Doug might be done, with that Lockett the next slot WR with Metcalf playing flanker?

Metcalf is an X (Split End) . Calvin Johnson / Randy Moss type. a one trick pony, but it is a helluva trick.

He is the best deep ball target in this draft. Also an excellent red zone target with the ability to high point and catch in traffic, using his big frame and ridiculous vert. to go up and get it. He plays much bigger than 6-2 or whatever his list height is. He plays like he is 6-5, 6-6.

Very underrated after the catch, as he is a load, so smaller corners will have trouble bringing him down. If the corner misses the tackle he can take it to the house with his 4.3 speed.

There is higher bust potential with him then a lot of WRs in this draft for sure, but if that happens, I will bet it will be due to injury, not ability. He went to the perfect team.

They will ask him to play the David Moore spot. Which is pretty much running go & stop routes. With an occasional Slant/Post/Corner route thrown in.

They needed this player as it marries well with their run game.

You want to stack the box to stop Seattle's #1 run game? Now you will have to deal with Lockett & Metcalf running deep, and one of them will be single covered. Good luck with that, as Russell Wilson is one of the most accurate deep ball throwers in the game.

Check the breakdown video I posted above for a good scouting report on him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":s5ecc6sh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NathanE11/status/1121952293966893056[/tweet]

My lord. Is that him? Photoshopped?

Don't test him. LOL

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
After all this time do we finally have our goal line fade guy? I’m thinking he can be coached up re. his route running do go with his natural athletic ability