DL Sealver Siliga signs with Seahawks (1 year, $1.4m)

hawknation2016

Reaction score
TestyUnsteadyKoalabear.gif

Willyeye

Reaction score
He's similar to Mebane in that he’s just a basic run stuffer. Not going to break any sack records. One thing that struck me…last year, Mebane had 24 total tackles in 15 games in 2015, and 20 tackles in 9 games in 2014…Siliga had 31 total tackles in 13 games (only 4 starts), and 32 tackles in only 7 games in 2014. Pretty impressive when you consider he shared the rotation with a DT like Alan Branch. Ranked ahead of Rubin by PFF. Potential to be a bit of an upgrade over Mebane, with the added bonus of being 5 years younger. He could end up having a great year for us. I figure they still need a decent interior pass rusher in the draft.

pehawk

Reaction score
Love it. I'll feel alot better with another one or two DL signings. I kind of want two.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pehawk":1jmkizre said:
Love it. I'll feel alot better with another one or two DL signings. I kind of want two.

Me too. The more D-line depth we can have, the better.

pehawk

Reaction score
Shout out to HN2016...always contributing....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Those highlights do not look like a scrub to me.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, we weren't going to have a dominant line forever.

And we certainly did not have one last year.

I guess the depth is a bonus. One more guy coming off the bench at a reasonable cost is better than scraping the barrel and paying big $$$ to get it.

Though I'm not too excited about digging through the Pats castoffs, considering they didn't have anything approaching a great DL and over the years they seem to had have a reasonable eye for talent/ability in that respect.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2vg3ff38 said:
Nice. Could be good depth. Why not!? [align=][/align]Was a good piece of their Championship run.

S28905

Thanks for posting that and putting all the 12s on suicide watch tonight.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
n a showing eerily similar to his 2013 season Siliga was in the rotation for just the last seven games of the season including the playoffs. And once again his Run Stop Percentage was impressive among players that played at least 25% of snaps – this time second-best in the league at 12.1.

Furthermore, well having 11 hurries, two hits, and five sacks in 228 pass rush attempts over the past two seasons aren’t amazing numbers they show that Siliga is more than just the pure run stuffer he was advertised as coming out of college. His 7.6 Pass Rushing Productivity score, if extended over last season, would have tied him for the 10th-best rate at his position and shows he is plenty capable of being a three-down player.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -patriots/

sutz

Reaction score
Looks like a one-year prove it deal. Sounds good to decent. If he stays healthy and produces, maybe a long term addition. If not, not much lost.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Think I remember him looking pretty good for our team in preseason a few years back. Something in my instincts is telling me this will end up being a really good signing.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":166wgfvg said:
Think I remember him looking pretty good for our team in preseason a few years back. Something in my instincts is telling me this will end up being a really good signing.
The thing is, you never really know. If it works, great. If not, not much lost.

Latest posts