DL Sealver Siliga signs with Seahawks (1 year, $1.4m)

firebee

Reaction score
hawknation2016":7tr9z9pv said:
n a showing eerily similar to his 2013 season Siliga was in the rotation for just the last seven games of the season including the playoffs. And once again his Run Stop Percentage was impressive among players that played at least 25% of snaps – this time second-best in the league at 12.1.

Furthermore, well having 11 hurries, two hits, and five sacks in 228 pass rush attempts over the past two seasons aren’t amazing numbers they show that Siliga is more than just the pure run stuffer he was advertised as coming out of college. His 7.6 Pass Rushing Productivity score, if extended over last season, would have tied him for the 10th-best rate at his position and shows he is plenty capable of being a three-down player.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -patriots/

FO is killing it... I love what they're doing. Looking for the young and hungry guys that are trying to breakthrough in the NFL, instead of spending big on old names. Next Up.... Terence Garvin

TwilightError

Reaction score
Wont make it through training camp, no chance to make it into the 53.

Now, prove me wrong Sealver!

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I always love seeing Utah alumni show up in Seattle. I hope he does well for us. :)

Atradees

Reaction score
This is my fav signing so far. Kid looks like a beast. He can shed a blocker and take down beastmode..........

McGruff

Reaction score
I remember thinking that he played a big role against us in the Superbowl, getting his name called a lot. Those clips above confirm that.

kearly

Reaction score
I bet when John Schneider walks down the sidewalk he never steps on a crack. The past few offseasons he's been completely obsessed with making moves that wouldn't hurt the team's future comp picks. Making trades, targeting players who were cut by other teams, or signing UFAs who for one reason or another are not eligible for compensatory considerations.

Low and behold, Sealver Siliga will not cost Seattle a comp pick since he was a non-tendered RFA.

Sealver Siliga was here before after Seattle acquired him in the John Moffitt trade. Siliga's brief stint in Seattle was a bit mixed, and nobody was shocked when Seattle released him as Siliga was the definition of a practice squad player. I would imagine he's probably improved since then at least a little.

Siliga's pass rush numbers are deceptive, look at the 5 sacks vs. just 2 QB hits... getting a sack almost every time you reach the QB is not sustainable. It wasn't much of a sample size but I remember him looking very one dimensional when he was with Seattle the first time. His biggest strength is that he's tough to move. Overall he reminded me of Red Bryant, or the college version of Jesse Williams.

When I first heard the news and saw the money given up, I hated the move and chalked it up to JS being overly obsessed with comp picks. But after thinking it over a while, I'm starting to think this signing is okay. I don't love the idea of having Siliga being the starting 1 tech, but as depth he's a good piece to have. This is a very good draft for Brandon Mebane types and it's pretty likely Seattle will draft one. Jordan Hill seems to be slowly morphing into a 1-tech so he could be someone to watch as well.

If Siliga did start at 1 tech it wouldn't shock me, but my thinking is that he probably replaces the role of Jesse Williams, who replaced the role of Red Bryant.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":34ritl4h said:
Those highlights do not look like a scrub to me.

Yea, but they also bring back bad memories of how terrible our red zone offense was that year, as well as how sorry the blocking can be in a zbs when your OLmen miss cut blocks.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I like this signing for depth and some veteran leadership from a guy that was a solid piece to the Pat's Superbowl win (that hurts to say still) a couple of years ago. Now if Jordan Hill can take the next step this season (plus stay healthy) and the Hawks can draft a couple more guys in the first five or six picks in the draft, then you would have a nice rotation along the D-line.

chawx

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3i5kut13 said:
AcidicSpiffyFantail.gif

BrownDampAss.gif

l9BPj34.gif

CloudyGrandAlleycat.gif

BlackSpanishHerald

Siliga was probably one of the BIG reasons we tried to get cute at the end of that game and not run Beastmode. He had things pretty locked up in the middle through that entire game (see evidence above)... if he can show me that effort for all 16 +playoffs, he's going to make us all VERY HAPPY Seahawks fans.

AND...he's a UTE! GO UTES!!!

Latest posts