DL

bman75

Reaction score
Would you be apposed to spending #5 on Jalen Cater and #20 on Calijah Kancey?

Personally I love that idea with a draft full of DE talent that could fall to #37.

toffee

Reaction score
A 4-3 line of Maffe-Kancey-Carter-XXX or a 3-4 line of Carter-Mazi-Kancey? If we get Anderson, it could be Anderson-Kancey-Mazi-Mafe; or Anderson-Mazi-Kancey???

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A 4-3 line of Maffe-Kancey-Carter-XXX or a 3-4 line of Carter-Mazi-Kancey? If we get Anderson, it could be Anderson-Kancey-Mazi-Mafe; or Anderson-Mazi-Kancey???
I don't believe Anderson would be a DE in a 3-4. Most likely an OLB.

toffee

Reaction score
I don't believe Anderson would be a DE in a 3-4. Most likely an OLB.
I am quite intrigued with a trench of Anderson - Kancey- Mazi - Mafe. I think Mazi with some improvement could demand double teaming, that opens door for the other three. We could get that line with a bit of luck and trading up, Anderson #5, Kancey #20 or trade up, Mazi #37.1678745159949

QWERTY

Reaction score
Still need a center and a guard. If they don't address that in the FA or draft, expect this offense taking a step backwards.

getnasty

Reaction score
Still need a center and a guard. If they don't address that in the FA or draft, expect this offense taking a step backwards.
Maybe? I mean you have to think our tackles are gonna be light years ahead of last year. Even if Lewis is starting at Center and Haynes at guard it very well could be a wash.

OP
OP
B

bman75

Reaction score
There should be some decent interior linemen available after the 3rd.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Get an edge now after the big FA signing. Then try and land another DL at 20 or the second round

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see really any likelihood that Carter is taken in the top 12.
Legal status aside, take a step back a bit.

What team is going to want a player who while street racing with a teammate, witnesses him have a violent crash, then just .... drives away and hides. Leaving him there literally to die.

What kind of team is going to go, "Oh yeah, we want that guy on our team."? Seriously what veteran on any club even in the XFL is going to want THAT.

The dude is seriously roster poison at this point. Honestly, I'm not seeing him as a potential day one pick. Even Frank Clark, who was a first round potential player -- dropped to the end of R2 for what was assuredly domestic violence. Barely even disputed. Which in the pantheon of bugbears for an NFL player is many circles of hell above 'letting your teammate die'.

Yeah no. There are some sins a locker room will abide. Leaving a mate to die is not one of them.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
With 4 picks in the top 50, I'd love to see it play out as a couple of DL, an ILB and a Center. That would be sweet if BPA or close to it played out like that.