Do I let my 6-yo son become a 9er fan?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1wbx6p1q said:
If Dad gets Sunday Ticket and reps Hawks at home, if the kid plays PeeWee, I doubt this stays the situation for long.

When I was this kid's age, the voting ticket was McGovern vs. Nixon. The whole block was for McGovern (this was Boulder) but my parents were for Nixon, so I was too. These days I don't have a political party, but I'm not bashful for saying why. Such an early experience makes one stick up for oneself.

Like others have said, it's less and less likely that you'll have strong parental involvement. Most parents aren't that invested in their own rooting activity. This kid can still be saved with Sunday ticket and maybe a birthday party where everyone gets a Halloween-sized Skittles bag to take home.
Bribes also work. Tell him if he wants a raise in allowance he needs to root for the proper team. :2thumbs: 8)

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I say let him. From reading your posts on here, you seem more plugged into SF already as is. There is no malice in that comment by the way. It was something that popped into my head a while back reading a very detailed roster/team update on the 49ers from you that read like it was written by a 49er fan that spends a lot of time following the teams ebbs and flows. I had to double take on your screen name. It was really confusing.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
You should let your son be what he wants and try to support him for it. He will respect you more for it.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2obgq4v8 said:
I say let him. From reading your posts on here, you seem more plugged into SF already as is. There is no malice in that comment by the way. It was something that popped into my head a while back reading a very detailed roster/team update on the 49ers from you that read like it was written by a 49er fan that spends a lot of time following the teams ebbs and flows. I had to double take on your screen name. It was really confusing.

Hey man, no worries. I love sports media in general, so what I hear through passive mediums like TV and radio is 90 percent 9ers, plus the fam are 9ers fans. While not a fan myself, I don't HATE them or anyone like I do the Cowboys, which makes it easier just to follow a team as the local team, same as I would if it were Detroit or Philly or whomever.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I personally think it’s cool for him to know you are a Seahawks fan cause you’re from Seattle and to let him know he can root for whatever team he wants too, but I’d tell him he’s from Seattle.

You can guilt him that way. Lol.