Do we lose Quinn? Cable? or both?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Revising this guess:

I think Quinn goes to the Bears. Old school defensive guy for a team in the Black and Blue division.

I want to say Bevell goes to a college team, but I can also see him preferring to stay here (haha) and waiting for his turn. If he does get a job as an NFL HC, I can see Oakland since they have the type of QB that Davis could definitely want to see improved.

Cable remains.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't see Cable going anywhere - but I also don't understand all the hate. We have had a ton of offensive line injuries the last couple of years. Even so, we have had one of the best running games in the league since he got here - which is what he came here to do. We do struggle against the top defensive lines in pass protection - but who doesn't.

I think Quinn may leave but I doubt Bevell would.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g7uw7h1 said:
Ryan's a good coach, a very good coach. The Jets have stunk because they have no talent on offense, yet their D is top 10 every year and they never quit on games, even late in the season. Those are signs of a good coach.

If I was Oakland or Atlanta, I'd go hard after Ryan. He may be a blowhard with a foot fetish, but his players play hard for him, and that's 75% of the battle in the NFL.

Yep. He's got kind of a clown personality that bothers many, and that makes him look worse when his team is losing, but what Sarge said here about his team always playing hard for him is entirely true, and on top of that Rex is a great X's and O's guy on defense.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
homerun1970":16zunuy9 said:
To me that is part of the problem why cant we pick guys who played offense in college to play on offense. We have a awesome team right now except the O line and we keep picking projects. I worry we are going to get Russell hurt if we keep letting free runs at him.

Russ appears to be pretty durable - solid build etc. - any word on how his health is? I am assuming it is good as he generally avoids the big hits. I have noticed him taking a few more shots of late - and that makes me nervous.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I think Rex the blowhard is all his shtick. Especially in NY. If the media is after him, it's that much less time they spend on the players.

SDHawk

Reaction score
If Quinn goes, I would like to see us elevate Rocky Seto to DC. Out of all the position coaches, he's done the best job developing players. Seto was also DC for Carroll at USC.

If Bevell goes, I would like to see us bring in Marc Trestman. Sooner or later, our passing game will have to make up for the inevitable drop off in our rushing attack. I think Cutler is more culpable than anyone for their offensive misadventures.

I do not want to see Cable leave. Despite whiffing hard on Carpenter and Moffitt, in my mind, he's done a great job at developing players like Sweezy and has done well to scheme around Wilson's strengths. He might not be the best judge of talent and until recently, character... but by all accounts he is a fantastic teacher.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we definitely lose Quinn, too many teams sniffing around for him today........and if you're Quinn this is the zenith of your attractiveness as a candidate. Can't let the opportunity go, nor would Pete discourage him.

Cable? I don't think so, he's being paid VERY well. Only way he leaves is for another HC job, which I don't see happening.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would really would hate to lose Quinn, but I think it is a forgone conclusion that he will be a HC somewhere next year.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Does Gus not turning around the Jags maybe put enough doubt in teams minds about taking Quinn? I would like to keep continuity on that side of the ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't want Trestman, I would rather see Cable just assume the OC roll, he's the assistant or co OC anyway.

People want the sexy OC that throws a lot, that worked well in Chicago without a defense didn't it.