Do we regret not signing Jared Allen?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I seriously doubt the team has any regret in not signing JA. He played last season like the end was close for him. I suspect as per usual McG is right on as above and JA regrets not signing here.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Nope, he played like a guy that was all but done last season for the Bears. Do I think he would have been more effective in Seattle's ROTATION, yep, but I think overall the Seahawks dodged a bullet.

What I think hurt worse was Jesse Williams getting hurt again and then Marsh getting hurt and not developing. I think those guys could be very good in a rotation and them not staying healthy (along with Mebane and Hill going down) was a bigger issue then not signing a past his prime, elite pass rusher.

randomation

Reaction score
Only person I regret not keeping is Browner because then they wouldn't have had him knowing to jam Kearse on that damn play sigh.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How would signing Allen have led to us somehow getting rid of Bevell?

Hawks46

Reaction score
What exactly did Allen do last year that would cause any sort of regret on our part ?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Had we signed Allen, we might not have had the money to sign Kevin Williams. Williams had to change positions after Mebane and Hill got hurt. Without him doing that, we possibly don't even get to the Super Bowl.

kearly

Reaction score
pehawk":335yddsb said:
IMO, that was spin. According to Glazer Allen balked at coming out of the game at all. Dude cares about the all-time sacks list more than winning. Karma paid him back last year, for sure.

I agree.

That said, in an alternate universe where Allen had chosen differently, it's interesting to think about the positives and negatives that might have come from that.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
No I do not regret it. The real regret is losing Tate because of a different vikings player we added.
Schneider needs to delete every phone number associated with the vikings because we lose any time the Vikings are involved. Whether its trades, free agents or whatever. If it has anything to do with the Vikings we lose......except football games. We beat them at football. I take some comfort in that.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Did you even bother to see how far his numbers declined last year? I'm not only NOT regretting, I'm saying thank the Lord we didn't whiff on that one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Allen wasn't even very good in his last season with the Vikings. He had a bunch of coverage sacks, but he was not generating much pressure on his own. That showed up when he went to a worse Defense.

I was relieved when he went to the Bears.

Mick063

Reaction score
I never did think Allen was all that great. If you are talking of adding an old pass rusher, I would prefer someone like Fleener or Mathis.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think I was all over wanting to bring Allen on board last year, I was sure he would have been a great addition to our DL. I still think he could have played a big role in our rotation and would have gotten better numbers in his reduced role here than he did in Chicago (5.5 sacks). I think he would have added 7 sacks to our teams total on the season.