Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 79 97.5%

• Total voters

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Never wanted Locker. He's a dumb kid with some amazing abilities but he never had the accuracy you need to be good in the NFL. He's also injury prone.

I never liked him at UW. I thought if he ever could figure out that arm of his he could be alright but it was clear to us Dawg fans that he wasn't someone you wanted behind center in the NFL.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1lj09q75 said:
Never wanted Locker. He's a dumb kid with some amazing abilities but he never had the accuracy you need to be good in the NFL. He's also injury prone.

I never liked him at UW. I thought if he ever could figure out that arm of his he could be alright but it was clear to us Dawg fans that he wasn't someone you wanted behind center in the NFL.

Totally agree. And it was his sr year that made me really question Sark's ability to coach. Sark spent more time prepping Jake for the next level than he did allowing Jake to win us football games (with his legs). The kid would have been Kam-like, IMO, had he played safety. He had (the potential to be) LB size with tremendous athleticism and I think if not FB, he woulda' been a heckuva SS.

I have a soft spot in my heart for this kid. My cousins grew up next door to Jake and his family in Ferndale. They've sent me some pretty cool stuff from Jake (autographed football and baseballs). I always joked that one day the stuff would be totally worthless...my humor was lost on them, they loved him like their own.

Jake was thrust into the limelight and it was (obviously) a place he was uncomfortable. When he signed with the Dawgs, the Seattle paper ran a full page feature calling him The Golden boy that would save the Dawgs....the word savior was also thrown around way too much. Lots of pressure on some kid from Ferndale and we ultimately learned...he just wasn't very good (with his arm...or head). Jake's greatness was manufactured, but not surprisingly, someone bought into it. But I won't be shocked to learn of his release or his trade this off season. I do wish him well. Go Dawgs.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Never wanted him in the first place. It was pretty much only the Husky homers driving that bus. The rest of us saw an inaccurate QB that lost a ton of games (yes, with a terrible team around him too)

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I remember when Locker was entering the draft. I was intrigued by his intangibles as well as his physical make up. I don't usually do a lot of analysis on here, but at the time I did a report on my findings that seem, looking back on it, as though I am a seer. A psychic, a shaman.

Here is my analysis on Jake Locker at the time:

HawkStrap wrote
Locker Sucks

Kaiser

Reaction score
i didnt want him to begin with. i had enough of him rocketing slant passes 15 yards over the receiver at UW.

Tical21

Reaction score
The dude is an absolutely elite football player. One of the best high school defensive players I have ever seen. Would be a perennial pro-bowler at at least a few positions, but QB isn't one of them.

bigcc

Reaction score
Don't get the hate..... he was playing well last year while healthy.

Latest posts