Do you think john and pete would get AP?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3gl09e0a said:
He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?

You just can't help yourself can you?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":p48utqz5 said:
Siouxhawk":p48utqz5 said:
He had his best years with Darrell as his OC. Not suggesting we should bust the bank for him, but if he's reasonable with his salary demands and covets winning a title, why not us as a landing spot for 2 years?

I think Sioux has a good point.If we are stuck with DB why not give him a toy he knows how to play with?Two years is reasonable and the guy is in top shape..He can be like Gore is age wise but likely better

mistaowen

Reaction score
He also looked very slow last year before another huge knee injury, was averaging around 1.5 YPC. Made the mistake of drafting him in fantasy so I followed his season. He is an incredible athlete but I think at this point in his career after multiple knee problems, it's almost his time to call it quits.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I hope not. Too many miles on him. He cannot carry a team like he used to and, with our line, he would have to do the heavy lifting. I would rather address RB in the draft.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
You guys have to admit it is kind of intriuging though. what if he managed to stay healthy and run like he did in 2015. that would be awesome. Just wishful thinking by me probably though lol.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is not a shirt yardage back, he is not a third down back that is great at catching the ball, he is old, he is broken down and coming of two major injuries, scrap heap for running backs really especially if your asked to run thru the first guy and be physical.

Darrell Bevell can't turn back the clock, Peterson can't run in a offense that makes him create his own holes at this point, nobody fears a RB that has had to come back from a injury until they show they have their Mojo back. Here the offense would not be designed and polished to showcase him, he would have to fit in also, although Bevell forces things till the square peg gets stuck in the round hole.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
IndyHawk":kp33kt3o said:
mistaowen":kp33kt3o said:
Siouxhawk":kp33kt3o said:

I think Sioux has a good point.If we are stuck with DB why not give him a toy he knows how to play with?Two years is reasonable and the guy is in top shape..He can be like Gore is age wise but likely better

I'm sure Bevell was responsible for a huge part of young AP's success. He did, afterall, devise a complicated gameplan that was something like "give AP the ball".

I just don't see the value, at what he will probably get.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily beating the drum to get AP, but if the economics worked for us, I agree with RussB that it is an intriguing thought to team him up with Rawls and Prosise. I think he would be motivated to play for a team like the Hawks and he did average about 1,500 yards rushing and scored 52 of his career 82 touchdowns in the 4 years Bevell was his OC. Of course he's not going to duplicate Beastmode, but he still has some power to shed tacklers after contact and he would stay fresh by splitting carries. Just know this ... He is not your typical RB on the other side of 30.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":9xo7ppun said:
I'm not necessarily beating the drum to get AP, but if the economics worked for us, I agree with RussB that it is an intriguing thought to team him up with Rawls and Prosise. I think he would be motivated to play for a team like the Hawks and he did average about 1,500 yards rushing and scored 52 of his career 82 touchdowns in the 4 years Bevell was his OC. Of course he's not going to duplicate Beastmode, but he still has some power to shed tacklers after contact and he would stay fresh by splitting carries. Just know this ... He is not your typical RB on the other side of 30.

We heard that about Franco Harris one year also...............................

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2w1zb1m5 said:
Siouxhawk":2w1zb1m5 said:
Franco was in his 13th year and was 34. C'mon.
Whoa, whoa, whoa; we get it. Bevell would turn AP into a 2,500-yard rusher if he came here.
Is that what you're predicting? That would be a nice bonus.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Avoiding the obvious....... No to AP, too injury prone, not enough tread left on the tires, and he would get killed with our OL.

nash72

Reaction score
This team could have Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton in their prime and they would all be ineffective behind that line. Way more important parts to upgrade before worrying about some old running back who's best years are easily behind him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why does the conversation about AP have to be made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lby8y04 said:
Why does the conversation about AP made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

It's unlikely AP gets more than 8 mill a year from anyone, and more than likely that number will be closer to 5/6. MN sports radio think there is every chance he ends up here for what it's worth

Russell Wilson Hunting season ends by the 8th game for shotgun and rifle shooters, Bow Hunters typically have till the 16th game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":35scotgx said:
Uncle Si":35scotgx said:
Why does the conversation about AP made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

Russell Wilson Hunting season ends by the 8th game for shotgun and rifle shooters, Bow Hunters typically have till the 16th game.

I'd totally get it if the question was "you have 6 million dollars, do you get AP or some Oline?"

But that's not it, is it? (maybe the cap will only allow for that?)

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3g7v3nzu said:
Why does the conversation about AP have to be made obsolete by the question of the o-line? Can't the two be mutual, simultaneous? It's not as if the Hawks sign AP they are just going to call it a day.

Thats what im saying. I dont think anyone is going to pay him a big long term contract unless they are desperate. He has too many injury question marks. Hes probably going to get a short term deal somewhere and i dont think it would be a bad idea for hawks to atleast try and get him to sign. They have cap space and could probably sign a lineman or two also.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
^^^^ Ditto here. Shore up the line and a determined and motivated AP could be a godsend to the Hawks and a career conquest for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bring back Chuck Knox and hire George Allen as the OC and yes maybe.

Latest posts