Do you worry more about 2022 defense or offense?

Scout

Reaction score
As I suspected based on the talent on defense it would be an issue for the defense to catch up. Some teams transition quickly to a one gap 34 while other teams take time.

Keep in mind that a one gap 34 is not really any different than a 43 one gap in the grand scheme of things. The Patriots, Ravens, etc really go back and forth on it. And so have the Seahawks over the years.

So right now there is no excuse for the DL to be playing so poorly in a 34 one gap because it is basically the same principals as a 43 one gap. And the ILB responsibilities do not change that much from a 34 one gap versus a 43 one gap.

The only difference is the OLB in a 34 may be asked to drop into short coverage but that is pretty much it.

flv2

Reaction score
it does not feel like we Downgraded ANYTHING on offense this year... the pocket is holding for 5+ seconds most of the time..... We have the highest Offensive DVOA.... what are you basing this off of, Gut? then ok... but not statistics.

I think the defense is suffering but i honestly cannot figure out why.. best guess is Wrong personell for the scheme OR they are trying to disguise coverages and are failing Horribly at it. but without knowing the D play call i can't begin to guess... its much harder then telling if a receiver can catch or not.
My post was an analysis of the roster post Draft and pre-training camp. It was posted June 13 2022. It was a response to my perception that some members on this board were expecting the defense to be the stronger Seahawks unit this season. I thought the Seahawks offense would be better than the Seahawks defense. (That is where the money has been spent). I didn't expect the offense to be this good or the defense to be this bad. I did expect the team to lose most of the games, and I still do.