Documentary About Some Of The Rigged Super Bowls

nanomoz

Reaction score
Is that possible since they operate under an entertainment license? I thought the Jet fans already tried this?
Whenever I see this ("entertainment license"), I ask for a source. I've not yet been given a satisfactory answer. And you see this "entertainment license" thing all over message boards and social media.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard the NFL used Pac-12 refs in the flag football game yesterday? If so, it must have been to make their own refs look good by comparison. Or maybe what I read was just a sarcastic comment on the level of reffing in the game...

It's true. If the NFL had used their brains they would have used actual flag football refs. SMH.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
The proof for me was the Sports Illustrated Superbowl package. If you ordered the package, you got to receive the winning team merchandise. The photo book, ticket copies, a football etc.. The link was leaked before the game as it often was. If you enterd the URL https://www.si.com/superbowl/champ/Stealers(not the actual link, but for example) the page would show up with Pittsburgh as the champion with all of the merchandise. If you entered https://www.si.com/superbowl/champ/Seahawks the page would show up with Pittsburgh as the champion with all of the merchandise. This was before the game was played. The fix was already in.

ivotuk

Reaction score
When the Referee comes to Seattle and apologizes to Matt Hasselbeck "I kicked a few calls" were his exact words, then the outrage is legit.

When an Icon such as Mike Holmgren who already had a street named after him in Green Bay says: "I didn't realize I had to play the guys in the striped shirts." It only confirms the egregiousness of the cheating.

AND, when everyone is screaming for Holmgren to be fined for those comments, and the fine letter lands on Tagliabue's desk, only for him to toss it in the garbage, you know that even the Commissioner recognizes the robbery.

And, when Chris Berman starts out his first NFL segment by going "This is for Seattle! WHoooP!" And throws a yellow flag at the camera, the hatred for the NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Referees is vindicated.

Oh, and when NFL Network comes out with "Top 10 Worst Officiated Superbowls" and XL is in there...you know that some in the NFL may have a conscience.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Good to see you Fess up on the 'God Awful Hosing of the Seahawks >by the Officials in that game<, but of course, you really didn't have a legit leg to stand on Mike Holmgren being THE REASON for a 3-hour sh*t fest by the Officials anyways.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Good to see you Fess up on the 'God Awful Hosing of the Seahawks >by the Officials in that game<, but of course, you really didn't have a legit leg to stand on Mike Holmgren being THE REASON for a 3-hour sh*t fest by the Officials anyways.

wtf is this shit

Aircrew

Reaction score
Dude, is everything okay at home?

Last edited:

Mix

Reaction score
Good to know that human errors never happen in the NFL.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
If you guys could have one Superbowl game back as a W, which one would it be? XL or XLIX? Both sucked, but XL hit me harder tbh.

Mix

Reaction score
If you guys could have one Superbowl game back as a W, which one would it be? XL or XLIX? Both sucked, but XL hit me harder tbh.
XLIX

Back 2 Backs > than XL

Plus it would firmly placed LoB into Highest level of Legendary status. Lynch would be on his way to the HoF, and Kearse would get the love he should be getting from all hawks fans.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, they both sucked. But as frustrated and angry the experience of losing SB XL was for me and so many other Hawk fans, the loss in SB XLIX easily takes the cake for me. It was shocking! Shockingly horrible! I needed therapy after that loss. And it was all on us. This is before you even get into what it meant for the legacy of that great Seahawk team.

Just MO.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
That Super Bowl wAs the beginning of my realization the nfl rigs games. To many games have had weird calls that are way to many for a coincidence. I believe they use the refs are not full time excuse. Which is why they will never be full time refs because they know they can use it as a excuse to get out of blatantly rigging game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The Locklear holding call is the one that still gets me. I remember it so well. I saw the flag and was sure it was for the Steeler who was clearly offside. It would be decline and the Hawks would be first and goal from the 1, on the verge of taking the lead. Whoever the sideline reporter was that day even reported during the drive the Steeler sideline looked "beaten". I was so confident. I could not believe I was wrong and the penalty was holding.

Who was color working with Michaels? The two of them watched the replay and basically reacted like they couldn't believe the call. A few years later when Michales called the Steelers / Cards game and the booth reversed a Steeler short run for a TD early in that game, Michales even cracked "fans in Seattle wondering where that was 3 years ago"

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Brandon Perna has obtained an advance copy of the script for the upcoming Super Bowl.
Spoiler: Perna dies in a mysterious waterskiing accident, and Mahomes and the Chief score two 4th Qtr TDs to come from behind and win by 1.
Read the script here:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I was at the game.

Trust me, it was worse being there. The fix was in long before kickoff. The entire city of Detroit (God what a Hell Hole) was drenched in Steelers love. There was ONE Seahawks-friendly bar thankfully but it was crystal clear the NFL had no intention of letting the Seahawks win that game down to the Seahawks logo on the side of Ford Field being backwards (see below). The only time I have ever seen the Seahawks logo facing left in my entire life sans on the helmet itself. (I'm a graphic designer and notice that stuff, lol).

The weather was what you imagine it would be in Detroit in February. It was awful. The city felt like an abandoned concrete warehouse. When it was finally time to head into Ford Field they were handing out Terrible Towels. No option for Seahawks towels mind you. Only a sea of yellow allowed.

And then of course the biggest crime in NFL history unfolded in front of my eyes for three hours.

I always tried to downplay the entire experience by simply saying "Well at least I can say I got to see the Seahawks first ever Super Bowl in person." Yeah, like who cares. The entire experience was just that bad.

View attachment 57190
Yeah, I live in Michigan and it’s the one time I was furious at Lions fans. They were rooting for Pittsburgh like they were The Lions. I remember pissing a few of them off at the bar I was watching the game, calling them pathetic because their team BLOWS. When was the last time Detroit was in a SB? Oh, that’s right…..NEVER!

bsuhawk

Reaction score
XLIX

Back 2 Backs > than XL

Plus it would firmly placed LoB into Highest level of Legendary status. Lynch would be on his way to the HoF, and Kearse would get the love he should be getting from all hawks fans.
I would also say XLIX. That loss fractured the team and it never recovered.

evergreen

Reaction score
The Locklear holding call is the one that still gets me. I remember it so well. I saw the flag and was sure it was for the Steeler who was clearly offside. It would be decline and the Hawks would be first and goal from the 1, on the verge of taking the lead. Whoever the sideline reporter was that day even reported during the drive the Steeler sideline looked "beaten". I was so confident. I could not believe I was wrong and the penalty was holding.

Who was color working with Michaels? The two of them watched the replay and basically reacted like they couldn't believe the call. A few years later when Michales called the Steelers / Cards game and the booth reversed a Steeler short run for a TD early in that game, Michales even cracked "fans in Seattle wondering where that was 3 years ago"
It was only the greatest color commentator of all time! And he said, " I didn't see a hold there."

bsuhawk

Reaction score

That was the late great John Madden.