Does a DECISIVE Wilson performance change your opinion on him?

If Wilson balls out, does that change your mind at all?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Slightly

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 94.9%

• Total voters

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I am sure most people in this forum have an opinion on the Pete vs. Wilson dynamic, who contributed to more wins, ETC. My question to you is, if Wilson put's on a SHOW Monday night, will that change your previously held opinion at all?

toffee

Reaction score
I am sure most people in this forum have an opinion on the Pete vs. Wilson dynamic, who contributed to more wins, ETC. My question to you is, if Wilson put's on a SHOW Monday night, will that change your previously held opinion at all?
Haven't national experts already pronounced Hawks dead for having Geno WHO as QB and dinosaur Pete as HC? Why should us soundly defeated made any difference?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Everyone expects the Broncos to win. It’s only if they don’t that there will be press.

John63

Reaction score
For some it will not matter what Wilson does.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I've seen Russ ball out in the first part of the season and then suck ass later, so nah. I like Russ, but he's the enemy now because he's not on our team. So I hate him. Sports 101.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
No. I don’t care if he balls out or loses and acts all humble. He cares more about his legacy than his own teammates, coaches and fans. He doesn’t owe the fans anything but he needs to realize he’s not elite like Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Allen. He was good when he was cheap on a rookie deal but his value diminished sharply in consecutive years.

GemCity

Reaction score
Not mine. And to be honest, even if Russ torched us for 500+, I wouldn’t think differently.

The break up was inevitable. I DO think Russ is going to have a great year and maybe even his best season (statistically). I once thought that could translate into something like we (PC) weren’t utilizing his full potential…even with the great career he had here.

But, it’s not a fair assessment and doesn’t really translate to much when it’s all said and done.

Frankly, I’m not any more hyped up to go against Denver and Russ than any other team. Just going to enjoy what I can and watch these youngsters develop.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He’s been a streaky QB. He looks like the MVP occasionally. Other times he struggles to read the defense and becomes a 3 and out machine.

Even if he wins a SB with Denver it doesn’t matter. We don’t have the horses to do that. Time to restock the cupboard.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a great quarterback. He's the best this team ever had by far. I'm disappointed that he's playing somewhere else while the Seahawks descend into QB hell, which I hope only lasts a short time and not a decade or worse. One game, particularly the first game of the season between two teams who have gone through significant changes, isn't the sort of thing that moves the needle against a decade long career.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think he tanked last year. So I am looking at his season as a whole and checking his ability to run...but overall, screw Russ!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is truth to the rent free remarks.

I wonder how many more threads will be started here about Wilson, a player who is no longer a Seahawk.

Most true fans of the team loved him while he was our QB yet the love affair was wearing thin. Reality was he wanted something different than being a team player, even he talked the talk, but if you looked through his cliched answers his true self ultimately was revealed. Besides many league DCs had figured his game out. Simply put he really didn’t want to be here anymore. He’s gone, thanks for your time here. End of story.

He’s a great QB, but does have limitations, he’s no longer our QB, it’s disappointing but the divorce was coming if you honestly assess the history between the team and him. For me I was saddened by the trade but believe like all things he can be replaced and with the haul from the trade. I suspect Wilson may play well for Denver and I wish him luck.

The team will replace him though I suspect he will be decreasing in ability after a while. Father Time is undefeated.

All in all I don’t care he’s no longer the QB of my team. Worse still he’s a freaking Bronco and I hate Broncos.

I can’t wait for this game to be over so the number of Wilson threads will slow and we can talk about Seahawks and not freaking Broncos.

I hope BTW my team kicks his rear a few times on Monday night, and he leaves Seattle sore and on the losing side of the score. After that he’s dead to me.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Big stats don't make a performance decisive. That's always been the crux of the debate around Russ. He can obviously put up points... in the regular season. He can put up points on the PA pass and broken plays. And he's deadly accurate WHEN he let's the ball go.

But until he develops the ability to move the chains consistently with his arm, can throw with anticipation, can see and get the ball to the whole field on time, and make more complex reads... when he does that, my opinion of him will change. Until then he will be the same guy that flashes brilliance in the 2 minute drill, when improvising in the first half of seasons, but will begin to faulter and ultimately fail in the playoffs.

While he was qb, we failed to win a playoff game when our opponent scored a TD... going back to 2014. That's the definition of an offense that dies when the defenses are playoff caliber.

AgentDib

Reaction score
My contrary opinion is that this was more about money that most think. There are other factors, but at the end of the day we couldn't have given Wilson the deal he just made with the Broncos. The previous extension was contentious and there was clearly a difference of opinion regarding Wilson's value between the front office and his camp.

Now that Russ has that new contract, I fully expect that he's going to be a team player at the start. After all, if he wins in Denver then he's going to get the bulk of the credit due to them being bad the last few years without him. With Seattle he was fighting against the early perception that it was the LOB carrying him or Pete's system, which directly led to the Let Russ Cook movement and him campaigning for MVP votes. In Denver he'll get all the credit if they make the playoffs this season.

Fade

Reaction score
Haha. These guys are dug in so deep, nothing will change their opinion.

But they will scatter like roaches and disappear if they don't get their desired outcome. Only to reappear when it conveniently fits their narrative. I've seen it for years.

They got an excuse lined up for every scenario that doesn't go their way. While simultaneously will say "I told you so"! If it does go their way after just 1 game.

Regardless of what is being typing in this thread. If Wilson looks amazing on Monday night, and the Seahawks look like dookie, the general Seahawks fan is going to be angry at Pete.

The hit piece was put out earlier this week to try and shift the blame and avoid just that. It won't work.

toffee

Reaction score
A decisive performance by Russ won't move the needle much, but a decisive performance by Geno sure would. He has been belittled, insulted, humiliated by national media, door mat, punching bag, all rolled into one. Well if Geno performances, the Hawks will have a elevated chance of winning and staying #1 in NFC West. For that, I wish one' moment in time for Geno:

I want it all
No time for less
I've laid the plans
Now lay the chance
Here in my hands

Give me one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time