Does anyone feel worse after this win than they did a loss?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3da7x8p3 said:
Naw not at all. I feel strangely at peace with the clear understanding that this is just a mediocre seahawks team. They will win some close games, they will lose some. So I'm glad they won, but it's not like I'm freaking out thinking this will springboard them back to the SB. They clearly aren't that team anymore.
Don't you ever get bored with trolling? Because I assume it's that. Given if you actually feel this way for like 4 years running now you have to know how silly you look yes?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sort of feels like a broken record around here this season as we've won ugly football games for quite a few years now. We've lost our fair share of ugly games as well, for example the last time we played the Lions. That's just how NFL football is: outcomes are determined by both skill and chance and the better team doesn't always win pretty or even win at all. That's what makes it fun.

In my view the danger from a game like this is thinking that you learned more than you did.

I'm pretty sure everybody here already knew that it is difficult to win NFL games when you fumble the ball to the other team three times. We already knew that Lynch was extremely important to our offense, that our offensive line is struggling with three players still learning the ropes at new positions, and we already knew that our defense was awesome. The major takeaway is that we came away with a win which improves our postseason outlook.

We have two great games coming up as both the Bengals and the Panthers are currently undefeated. There's probably a 30% chance that we'll win both and then everybody will be on cloud nine right up until the next loss.

White Devil

Reaction score
blazen2392":2cbbypjx said:
This O-line is not taking off far. I don't care if they need more time to gel with each other. There is no way we can get through the play offs with this line.

I guess I'm thinking too far ahead. God the bengals are going to RAPE US!

YK8IiQu

crosfam

Reaction score
I feel a little bummed. Everybody is talking about us like we got away with something, instead of the HUGE defensive effort and once in-a-season play that won us the game.

I think if the call went against us and we lost, everybody on the national sports scene would be talking about how we got ripped off by a stupid penalty call, and would be advocating for the rule to be changed.

The Lions played like they were desperate to win (especially on Defense), and most on this board and the Seattle sports scene saw that coming. Stafford is streaky, but in the end he can sling the ball with accuracy and fearlessness most of the time. He reminds me of Dan Fouts - almost.

In the end, it does not matter. I think we sack and intercept Dalton next week, The receivers are better, and Graham breaks out. We win a road a game next week. Three way race for the division title in the best division in football.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ya 1-3 should have been what we were striving for... :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kearly":3ql8pz8p said:
Sometimes it's not just about the win, it's about avoiding a devastating loss. Had Seattle lost this game with such an epic 4th quarter collapse it would probably snowball into a doomed season.

Honestly, and on the contrary our disillusioned safety who fought management for a pay increase came up with the play of the game...

This win could signal a shift in the team's mentality.. a bit more swagger, urgency, etc..

or we just keep treading water and finish 10-6...

I'm excited for the Bengals though

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":23c18chy said:
Sometimes it's not just about the win, it's about avoiding a devastating loss. Had Seattle lost this game with such an epic 4th quarter collapse it would probably snowball into a doomed season.

Agreed.

Our two NFC championships have come on a string of pivotal plays. Without a single one of them, we're not holding two more Halas trophies.

Last night's touchback was another one.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Hell no. Ugly or not, a win is a win. Frankly, I feel worse about not beating GB!! They were prime for the taking!

bandiger

Reaction score
If this team was more aggressive on offense, they would probably be 4-0. Take solice in that?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
No. I thought it was great. This is Seahawks football and it's scary and it's exciting and it's fun and it doesn't always end the way you want it to but goddam it that's what it is.

xgeoff

Reaction score
No, not even close. I feel that the poor play of the O-line is affecting the whole game. Last night they raised the level of their incompetence to new heights.

The Defense is fine, although they showed the same lack of being able to finish (except for Kam's amazing play) that they showed in the Green Bay and St Louis games, which is troubling.

I thought the Receivers and Running Backs played well. I only disagreed with the play calling once. Russell ran for his life. How many sacks would the Lions have had if it was anyone other than Wilson back there? 12?

The O-line was atrocious. I mean, if you are 6'6" and 300+ pounds, can you at least get in someone's way? Seriously just fall down and make a pile with your body that the defense needs to go around. I'm talking to you Britt! Just fall down and make a big pile! Jeeez!

hawk45

Reaction score
Depends on which win and which loss.

I felt pretty good about the GB loss because Rodgers didn't kill our D like I thought he might and we saw what we thought was positive progress in the OL pass protecting. And because a road loss vs. a tough opponent (the best in the NFC maybe) is a predictable outcome and nothing that overly concerned me.

I didn't feel very good about the Detroit game because the offensive line seemed to take a step backwards. There was no pass protection as in GB and no rushing lanes as with Chicago. And this was at home, against a not-very-good defense.

Obviously I feel better having won the Detroit game than lost it, but that isn't what the OP asked. He asked if anyone felt worse after "this win" than they did after "a loss." Overall I'd say I feel pretty close between the Green Bay game and Detroit based on my expectations going into both games.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hell no! If there is one thing I have learned about Seahawks football is that there are ugly wins in every season. This team has them and more often than not they come out on top.

The defense has won games before. Houston in 13, Sherman gets a pick 6 at the most unlikely of times. Goal line stand in STL 13 and "the Tip". The offense has its moments and will find a spark. They will exploit something in every team at some point. This team is never out of it, down big? Not in the final minutes. As a fan of nearly 40 years I can't say that about any other era than this one.

I'm totally down with this season and look forward to the improvement on the OLine. As these kids gain real experience the turn will be a great run of football.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nope, in fact, I'm pleased as spiked punch.
The Seahawks Defense is basically the same as last Season, and is still kicking ass.
There has been a falter in the Offensive Line, going back for the last two Years.
Granted it's looking like it's taking a big step back so far this Season, but we all have to admit that without a healthy Marshawn Lynch, we aren't wearing down the opponents O-Line in the usual way.
Russell Wilson is one of the only bright spots in our Offense right now, and right now is the time for the Seahawks Offensive Line to start protecting that "Bright Spot".
Winning isn't always a guarantee, so any time we get one, it's guaranteed to put a smile on this old duffers face.

Skookum

Reaction score
It didn't feel great, but a win is a win. Especially in the NFL, when you play so few games. Every one counts.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If kj wouldn't have batted the ball out of bounds and we won the game without this overhyped espn controversy, I'd be much more thrilled.

That being said, a win is a win and we don't apologize for wins here