Does anyone really think Clark will be traded

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I do not.. Seatte will certainly be in the playoff picture trading Clark would make a playoff run more difficult. That's point one. Second with an impending new contract to be worked out the possibility of getting fair value for him would be unlikely. Someone would really have to give up a lot certainly a first round pick and somewhere around pick 15 to be worth it for Seattle.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is spot-on. And it echoes Rob Staton's take with SeahawksDraftBlog, which I recommend highly. He is soundly logical, reasonable, readable, articulate, and well researched.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1qmj3w28 said:
I do not.. Seatte will certainly be in the playoff picture trading Clark would make a playoff run more difficult. That's point one. Second with an impending new contract to be worked out the possibility of getting fair value for him would be unlikely. Someone would really have to give up a lot certainly a first round pick and somewhere around pick 15 to be worth it for Seattle.

I think it would depend on what they get back. Given how deep this draft seems to be in DE/Edge pass rushers who knows.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":3o3dcv9f said:
Northwest Seahawk":3o3dcv9f said:

I think it would depend on what they get back. Given how deep this draft seems to be in DE/Edge pass rushers who knows.

If they don't think he'll be here after this season maybe they should trade him but your not gonna get Sweat, Burns or Oliver unfortunately .

Maulbert

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":tgilpn40 said:

No, but considering you also thought Wilson would demand $45 million a year and run out of town, I question anything you put stock in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
He only missed it by 10 mil (and actually 13.6 mil on average over 5 seasons) and the whole Russ doesn't want to be here thing, and pretty much everything else. Other than that...…...nailed it.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
The last time Seattle traded a star player was Unger and they didn't draft him. Pete and John have typically overvalued players compared to their market. (Not counting Bennett because that felt like a culture move more than a football move.)

Even if they did lower their price to a 2nd the teams with the draft capital, cap space, need and draft position are rare. Plus you're fighting a top heavy DE draft.

So no, I don't see this happening. It reminds me of the Earl Thomas trade talks. Lots of noise but no real substance.

Seymour

Reaction score
Maulbert":27wz5a8y said:
Northwest Seahawk":27wz5a8y said:

No, but considering you also thought Wilson would demand $45 million a year and run out of town, I question anything you put stock in.

Agree. Except I say yes, they will trade Clark. I'd take as little as an early 2nd and 4th or 5th. We can turn that 18-20M into filling more holes than we created IMO.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/byAlistairCorp/status/1118886632910753793[/tweet]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Starting to think they might. I have been reading recently about a new style of thinking where unless you have the very best of the group, ie Mack / Miller not to spend big money on rush ends and emphasis interior pass rushers instead. The example used as annoying as it is to hear this team get more accolades was the Patriots who have consistently moved on from outside pass rushers vs paying them. I read this earlier in the off-season and heard it again from Louis Reddick yesterday on the Mina Kimes podcast.
If Schneider and Carroll subscribe to that theory it becomes more possible than I thought it was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not this year, no. They got an elite pass rusher for 17.5M, and he wants 21M+. So right now we've got Frank for a bargain on the franchise tag.

But if they can't hammer a deal by this next time year? Yeah, I think it's time to seriously think about trading Frank. But at least that gives us more time to draft and acquire DE's.

IMO trading him this year would be a HUGE mistake. The DE cupboards are bare, so unless a top 15 team in the draft is dumb enough to trade you their 1st, then you're not going to replace Clark, and we'll go from an average pass rushing team to one of the worst in the entire league.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
nanomoz":kgwc0531 said:
This is spot-on. And it echoes Rob Staton's take with SeahawksDraftBlog, which I recommend highly. He is soundly logical, reasonable, readable, articulate, and well researched.

Rob? Is that you?

nanomoz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37htx6d2 said:
:irishdrinkers:
He only missed it by 10 mil (and actually 13.6 mil on average over 5 seasons) and the whole Russ doesn't want to be here thing, and pretty much everything else. Other than that...…...nailed it.

This is entirely you putting words into his mouth. He didn't say Russ didn't want to be here, he commented on that report.

Also, the last guess he made was $35 million APY, which is pretty close. More to the point, he knew the compromise for the Seahawks would be to make Russ the highest paid player; and Russ' compromise would be accepted a pretty traditional contract (not a league changing % of the cap).

mistaowen

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1zy0zio4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/byAlistairCorp/status/1118886632910753793[/tweet]

No second round pick, trade likely wouldn't happen til draft day if the Jets could move back but I could see him being a good fit for them.

Ultimately will come down to price vs output. Clark probably wants the 18+ mil, given the value edge rushers have he likely is worth a little less than that and is really the only pass rush the team has. They'd have to be confident there's someone in the draft who could step right in to pull the trigger this year.

Taehwk

Reaction score
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Taehwk":22nj44yx said:
For me if he is asking for elite money than the answer is to trade him. He feasted on poor Offensive Line play last year. I believe 7 of his sacks were against teams with offensive lines ranked 24th or lower. I am not certain but i believe alot of his sacks came against backups and not regular starters. Make him prove his worth on the tag or trade him for a 2nd. IMO he is not yet worth 21M/year.

I think the Jets offered a 2nd, but we said no.

Like Earl, I think we want a 1st or take a hike on Clark..........but highly doubt anyone's going to give up a 1st for Clark, especially with how deep this draft is with D-lineman.

I'm just fine with Frank playing on the tag for this year and seein if we can work out a deal later this season or next off season, after Bobby and others are extended and we have a better idea of our cap space.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't see them trading Clark now that Russell's contract is done. That was a huge cog in this whole process. There were the big 3 (Russell, Bobby, and Clark) that all kind of played off each other. As long as all 3 of those guys were coming up for contracts they could all use that leverage against the Hawks (can't franchise all of them). For the Seahawks it's a matter of getting 2 of those 3 done before next year freeing them to franchise the 3rd. Russ gives them 1 down and 1 to go. Now it becomes a staring match between Bobby and Frank. Once either of those two sign I think you'll see the other sign pretty quickly.

Had they gone into the season with RW no longer willing to negotiate and not resigned, and still hadn't extended Bobby, I'd be leaning towards they'll trade him. Thank you Russ for your deadline! :irishdrinkers:

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24t74z51 said:
Taehwk":24t74z51 said:

I think the Jets offered a 2nd, but we said no.

Jets don't have a 2nd, they moved up for Darnold last year and this was part of the package.

They do have two 3rd rounders though.

Latest posts