Does anyone really think Clark will be traded

Hawkpower

Reaction score
That's quite the deal. You would have to think (if real) that Pete and JS would absolutely jump on that....

JimmyG

Reaction score
Chawker":1gj4c0ng said:
And peter king is saying F.Clark will be traded to the KC Chiefs for 29 th and 63 rd picks. :les:
Peter King coming up with a hypothetical trade is much different than Peter King reporting a rumor of a pending trade.

Atradees

Reaction score
That would make our draft. We could parlay those into more picks like 8 to 10.....with some decent third round choices.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":5td3tb37 said:
Chawker":5td3tb37 said:
John and Pete's pre draft press conf. is out.

And peter king is saying F.Clark will be traded to the KC Chiefs for 29 th and 63 rd picks. :les:

Hmmm. I said something very close to that and was laughed off .net (late 1st and 3rd to 4th)

fan forums trended to over value hometown heroes .

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Clark does get traded the team likely doesn't feel he's worth the money he wants.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":3p5f99n6 said:
Geez take out Wilson insert Clark and the same people that were wrong then will be wrong now.

I know some of us are fresh off some fun I told you so's, but JS himself is kind of putting the writing on the wall.

They are very certainly at least listening to offers. If they don't pull the trigger, its likely because they don't get an offer that blows them out of the water.

Going on anti media rants is fun, but in this case they aren't wrong to be talking about the smoke surrounding FC and the rumors.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If true, that at least starts to calm the hurt of losing an ascendant, top-flight pass rusher just entering his prime.

D

DomeHawk

Trading proven players for unproven draft picks is gambling.

The old adage "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" rings true here.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Except the first bird wants over 20 mil a year, and 2 in the bush might be 2 studs....or duds like you said.

knownone

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ohph438 said:
chris98251":3ohph438 said:
Geez take out Wilson insert Clark and the same people that were wrong then will be wrong now.

I know some of us are fresh off some fun I told you so's, but JS himself is kind of putting the writing on the wall.

They are very certainly at least listening to offers. If they don't pull the trigger, its likely because they don't get an offer that blows them out of the water.

Going on anti media rants is fun, but in this case they aren't wrong to be talking about the smoke surrounding FC and the rumors.
I think Chris has a misunderstanding of the situation.

Some people enjoy speculating on media reports; that does not mean they take those reports seriously or that their speculation represents how they believe the situation will actually play out. It's just fun to debate how much you can get for Wilson or the logistics of a Clark trade. It's not for everyone, but calling those who partake 'wrong' for speculating or sharing an opinion on a hypothetical scenario is missing the point.

Ultimately, none of us know how things will play out. You can pretend like you do and pat yourself on the back when things turn out the way you predicted, but that doesn't mean the evidence you've used to come to that conclusion was right, or that the evidence someone else used was wrong.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":rxytz4g7 said:
Hawkpower":rxytz4g7 said:
chris98251":rxytz4g7 said:

I think Chris has a misunderstanding of the situation.

Some people enjoy speculating on media reports; that does not mean they take those reports seriously or that their speculation represents how they believe the situation will actually play out. It's just fun to debate how much you can get for Wilson or the logistics of a Clark trade. It's not for everyone, but calling those who partake 'wrong' for speculating or sharing an opinion on a hypothetical scenario is missing the point.

Ultimately, none of us know how things will play out. You can pretend like you do and pat yourself on the back when things turn out the way you predicted, but that doesn't mean the evidence you've used to come to that conclusion was right, or that the evidence someone else used was wrong.

I don't have Madden up trying to make best trade scenario possible, John and Pete have said everyone is on the block for the right price since way back when, few are willing to pay that price, Earl last year a good example and Sherman before.

I don't misunderstand, I think shit that is pure wild speculation is people looking at unrealistic situations, when was the last time John and Pete made a fleecing on a trade, most were to get something for a player that was a problem or was going to leave anyway.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
So, while Sherman and ET received little interest in a trade, the timing of their availability is different compared to Clark.

The Hawks locked up Sherman, Kam, and ET a year prior to the end of their rookie contract. Now imagine if the Hawks couldn’t agree on a contract, tagged them and said they were available? They would have been 25-26 years old, still on their rookie contract, and a player a team could build their secondary around.

Regardless of whether we think Clark is worth 20-21Mil per year, he collected 10 sacks in 2016, 9 sacks in 2017, and 13 sacks in 2018, making him one of the best edge rushers over a 3 year span. He’s a legit player and some team, who’s drafting late where the elite edge players are already drafted...may think this is a better option than what’s available when they select.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
John Gruden is crazy enough to throw a 1st at the Hawks for Clark. And I highly doubt Mayock will be making the final calls on what happens in the draft. Plus, he has 3 first round picks.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xly98um said:
John Gruden is crazy enough to throw a 1st at the Hawks for Clark. And I highly doubt Mayock will be making the final calls on what happens in the draft. Plus, he has 3 first round picks.
He just traded a significantly better DE because of the cost.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So what, one can hope. He can use a good DE on that team, their D was brutal last year.
But, more and more, it sounds like the Colts have the most to offer to the Hawks. Better draft picks, a lot of cap left etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1mbh424u said:
Trading proven players for unproven draft picks is gambling.

The old adage "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" rings true here.

Not for 21-22M it doesn't.........especially if your intention is to also try to extend Bobby and Jarran over the next year.

Thus why John said yesterday that this decision has been keeping him up at night, and also why the trade rumors are flying. Aaron Donald makes 22M, do you really put Frank in the same category as Aaron Donald?

Nope. Clark's a top 10 DE, but IMO I couldn't feel good about paying him almost the same money as Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald, he's just not at that level. So unfortunately like John and Pete are doing you have to listen to trade offers and see if you can find the right package to let a player like Frank go.