Does Throwdowns favorite return to Cleveland?

Cartire

Reaction score
Oh good. I really want Cleveland to be competitive again. I dont know though if titles will come with it though.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nice !!The "King of Cleveland "is back...What happened when he left really pissed me off because I watched the kid when he was in High School..My wife went to the same school ect..We went to Cavs games before he got there..I kind of adopted the Cavs after the Sonics crap..Anyway He admited to his mistake(s) and the owner as well so everyone is happy including me...I can tear the freaking Lebron Heat fat boy down out of my boys room...I read the king wants Miller to join him.I believe Allen isn't far behind and Love trade talks are a go..If they get Love I like the Cavs chances already..With these posts I guess my NBA ban is over..I have to root for my adopted team with Throwdown's favorite player..Go Cavs!!

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for all involved. Good to hear the owner and LeBron let past deeds stay in the past. The Cleveland Cavs fans, though justifiably pissed when he left hopefully can come to grips with some of their past vitriol against him as well. I personally didn't think this had a chance in hell of happening, but it seems redemption for all is a possibility. Now he can raise his kids in Akron without the cloud of selling out his home state's NBA team.

Though he still has to do something about his Yankees and Cowboys love (j/k LymonHawk).

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.

kearly

Reaction score
I am glad that LeBron went back, if only to bitch slap every fan who labels a player a villain for exercising his collectively bargained rights. All those people who burned his jersey four years ago must feel pretty silly right now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Beast Mode":20qczkl8 said:
Why would anybody want Cleveland to be competitive again? There is literally nothing redeeming about a franchise and fanbase that celebrates being a lottery team year in and out and burns the jerseys of the only guy who ever made them relevant in years. Not to mention that whole Dan Gilbert letter thing. But good for them I guess? I wonder if they're gonna trade for Love as well, that would be a pretty interesting lineup.

I can't defend Gilbert, but that was a fan base that got poo'd on in front of the world.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown- You need new threads man..I understand it won't have MJ's number anymore but..

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2j15y1e3 said:
Beast Mode":2j15y1e3 said:

I can't defend Gilbert, but that was a fan base that got poo'd on in front of the world.
The letter thing is over DG apologized like a man to LJ face and LJ said he was wrong in the way he left ..They both have manned up and moved on..Thats how it should be .. :th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Throwdown":2zvn2olg said:
Beast Mode":2zvn2olg said:

If anything the front office blew it for the LeBron and the fans. If they put some effort into assembling a team that was maybe even half as enticing as joining Bosh and Wade in Miami, maybe he would have stayed in Cleveland. But that's probably been discussed a million times lol. Honestly, I blame ESPN and the whole sports media for the endless LeBron and Jordan comparisons, marketing the hell out of "the decision", and then later vilifying him for wanting a legitimate chance to win a championship. I wouldn't be surprised too if the media hype played a factor in his return to Cleveland; There's just way too many different parties who feel entitled to LeBron James in some way. I dunno about you guys, but it all gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

But if it were up to me, I wish LeBron would go West. That's where the real competition is at. The NBA should just double down and disaband the East, it used to be competitive but lately they've just been...the East. But, now I'm just ranting. :0190l:

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":126kro8e said:
I saw some tweet about LeBron's deal only being a 2 yr deal with an opt-out. I guess it gives each side flexibility but I thought it would be for 3-4 yrs since it sounded like LeBron was in for the long haul. NBA contracts today escape me, I haven't kept up. The Max contract, the mid-level exemption, opt-outs and expiring contracts make the NFL contracts seem like child's play.
The reason is because in 2 years the new tv contracts come into play and will push the salary cap up a lot higher..He will re-sign with the Cavs for whatever the new max is at that time..

Throwdown

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3b3bw1kz said:
drdiags":3b3bw1kz said:
The reason is because in 2 years the new tv contracts come into play and will push the salary cap up a lot higher..He will re-sign with the Cavs for whatever the new max is at that time..

I had never thought of that, I saw 2 years and raised my eye brow and wonder why the Cavs were cool with that.

Also sounds like Cleveland is trying to get Love and trying for anyone not named LeBron, Wiggins, or Irving.

I think we'll see a package of Waiters, Thompson/Bennett, and a few draft picks for Kevin Love in a few weeks.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1dlmo4nq said:
IndyHawk":1dlmo4nq said:
drdiags":1dlmo4nq said:

I had never thought of that, I saw 2 years and raised my eye brow and wonder why the Cavs were cool with that.

Also sounds like Cleveland is trying to get Love and trying for anyone not named LeBron, Wiggins, or Irving.

I think we'll see a package of Waiters, Thompson/Bennett, and a few draft picks for Kevin Love in a few weeks.
I can't see what the Wolves are thinking but Love does not want to stay there..If the Cavs give up their 2 #1's next year and 2 players ...I believe that's a hell of a deal that no one else can offer..If no deal happens and they sign Miller and Allen..I can see them being contenders without Love but it won't be easy..

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Cleveland is being greedy right now, get rid of Wiggins.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2b4loj5v said:
Cleveland is being greedy right now, get rid of Wiggins.

Waiters is pretty good himself, check his basic stat line from last season, one can imagine that in his 3rd year with a pg like Rubio it'd get better, and package the deal with Thompson, I don't think that's as bad of a deal. Cavs told Wiggins they aren't dealing him, so who knows at this point, I think it's all about who blinks first now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,322