Donkeys interested in Bevell

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mlqlt5s said:
There's some truth to this............but ask yourself when our offense is predictable, is it because of Bevell's playcalling, or is it because of the limitations of a 75% Russell, poor RB play and a terrible O-line.

In all fairness, its been pretty predictable since he's been here. Wilson and Lynch have covered up some pretty crap play calling along the way.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don't think Pete Carroll is the type of person to fire or terminate a coach, especially with the in house fighting right now. If Carroll get rids of Bevell, it pretty much means, Sherm was right the whole time and Carroll does not want to everyone to realize Sherm was right in his stance on Bevell. Carroll would lose any credibility he has. But he currently is risking players not drinking the Kool-Aid anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nash72":1b6zto1f said:
Sgt. Largent":1b6zto1f said:
There's some truth to this............but ask yourself when our offense is predictable, is it because of Bevell's playcalling, or is it because of the limitations of a 75% Russell, poor RB play and a terrible O-line.

In all fairness, its been pretty predictable since he's been here. Wilson and Lynch have covered up some pretty crap play calling along the way.

You could say that about any team with elite players.

Edgar Bennett is sure looking like a genius playcaller in Green Bay right now doesn't he? I betcha you and others didn't even know who Bennett is before I just mentioned him right now. Rodger's has made him look like a genius.

IMO it's far more about having that elite talent performing and executing at a high level, than it is amazing playcalling. Obviously playcalling matters, but what matters way more is having the players to execute it...........and sorry, no one here can convince me with this O-line, Russell's hampered health and a revolving door of RB's that we have the elite talent to have a top 5 offense. We just don't, and the best coordinator in the history of the NFL isn't going to make that much better.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":287n5pkm said:
I don't think Pete Carroll is the type of person to fire or terminate a coach, especially with the in house fighting right now. If Carroll get rids of Bevell, it pretty much means, Sherm was right the whole time and Carroll does not want to everyone to realize Sherm was right in his stance on Bevell. Carroll would lose any credibility he has. But he currently is risking players not drinking the Kool-Aid anymore.

Should we lose this initial Playoff game......I expect that "discord" will be the operate word in the clubhouse! :shock:

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
I am not, nor ever have been, a Bevell fan.

BUT,

Looking at this on the surface from the outside, it makes a lot of sense.

If you consider the development of one of the best young QBs in the NFL (a need DEN has), I can see the logic here.

And he already knows Okung, so there is that.

nash72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1b4aj3c3 said:
nash72":1b4aj3c3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1b4aj3c3 said:

You could say that about any team with elite players.

Edgar Bennett is sure looking like a genius playcaller in Green Bay right now doesn't he? I betcha you and others didn't even know who Bennett is before I just mentioned him right now. Rodger's has made him look like a genius.

I remember Edgar really well as the running back, but I had no idea he was a coach for them. Thanks for the info.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2b34hn7j said:
Mistashoesta":2b34hn7j said:
We should make a thread glorifying him. Then have a mod pin it for all to see.
You don't need to glorify. But you COULD tell the truth.

Like how our offense was only able to generate 10 yards of offense in an entire quarter against the worst team in the NFL?

At what point do you hold the chef responsible for the terrible food? Or is it always just the fault of the cook? At some point, when every patron in your restaurant is barfing and refusing to order food from you, it might be time to take a look at the recipes. Maybe the problem is the recipes and not the cooks, yes?

HansGruber

Reaction score
If Bevell is on the Seahawks staff in 2 months, I will not be buying season tickets anymore.

I've sent my letter to the Seahawks letting them know that. Sure, they won't care. But that hardly matters to me. I'm not paying $10k next year to watch another barf festival ending with whimpers and a pathetic finish, watching our front office waste one of the greatest talents of our generation. Nope. I can do that just fine at home, with catering.

nash72

Reaction score
HansGruber":296ypt0h said:
If Bevell is on the Seahawks staff in 2 months, I will not be buying season tickets anymore.

I've sent my letter to the Seahawks letting them know that. Sure, they won't care. But that hardly matters to me. I'm not paying $10k next year to watch another barf festival ending with whimpers and a pathetic finish, watching our front office waste one of the greatest talents of our generation. Nope. I can do that just fine at home, with catering.

I'm honestly amazed that he wasn't canned after the Superbowl debacle. The only reason I can tell is because Pete would have looked bad too agreeing with the play (in which he should and solidifies why he should stay away from the offense regardless if he's the head coach or not). I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Pete went before the FO and Paul's people to plead for Bevells job after that crap call.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I heard PC say that he called for 'a pass' (whether true or just falling on his sword, I don't know). What I have *never* heard him say is that he called for THAT pass play. A rollout pass, ran from that very formation or from an apparent running formation, would quite probably have caught NE absolutely flat-footed. If not, throw it away and live for another play (it wasn't 4th down). What kind of a dumb **** would call for passing into the 'teeth of the gale' from that formation?!?

Too bad we don't have an OC with as much imagination as an aging engineer.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":32sqng9e said:

Good. They don't need your kind of fans anyhow. Many more willl take your place and enjoy the show. Go eat at a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts