Don't Count The Seahawks Out!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This season and this current era comes down to Carroll. Will he or won't he open up the offense for good? Will he finally let Russ pass 50 times a game if need be, go up-tempo, and use common sense as to how to maximize the talents of our skill players? Or will he let his bumbling bafoon sidekick OC keep with his 25 scripted plays of horror?

Will Carroll finally abandon his antiquated "can't win in the first 3 1/2 quarters of a game" nonsense? How much longer of ball control befuddlement must we endure? When does urgency finally see the light?

And yet...I honestly believe we win Monday. The common sense usage of Graham last week was the most encouraging aspect of our O in 3 years. But ultimately it's all on Pete now to deliver a masterful turnaround. Will he or will he keep living in 2013?

Anthony!

Reaction score
907Hawk":3vtrmowx said:
Anthony!":3vtrmowx said:
hawxfreak":3vtrmowx said:
I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.

who is Davis?

Mike Davis is a running back for the Seattle Seahawks.

Thanks for clarifying I guess I should have said which Davis as our Backup QB is also Davis and I thought you were inferring Rw was not playing

Anthony!

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":31axz3t7 said:
This season and this current era comes down to Carroll. Will he or won't he open up the offense for good? Will he finally let Russ pass 50 times a game if need be, go up-tempo, and use common sense as to how to maximize the talents of our skill players? Or will he let his bumbling bafoon sidekick OC keep with his 25 scripted plays of horror?

Will Carroll finally abandon his antiquated "can't win in the first 3 1/2 quarters of a game" nonsense? How much longer of ball control befuddlement must we endure? When does urgency finally see the light?

And yet...I honestly believe we win Monday. The common sense usage of Graham last week was the most encouraging aspect of our O in 3 years. But ultimately it's all on Pete now to deliver a masterful turnaround. Will he or will he keep living in 2013?

Agreed this game will tell a lot as to if we have real shot or not

Zeearend

Reaction score
Aros, I totally agree. Games are lost at the final whistle not before the first. I would like to see the guys that play to play with a lot of 'Grinta'. (Not easy to translate from Italian to English, but it's a mix of resentment and determination).

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Anthony!":37jd8vhc said:
Agreed this game will tell a lot as to if we have real shot or not

I agree. I feel this is the definitive game. Honestly, it could go either way, but I just don't have a good feeling about it. Atlanta hasent been all that great this season, but they looked like they might have figured it out last week. Have to wait and see.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Aros

Thanks for never counting us out! :irishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3owjn4ys said:
Aros":3owjn4ys said:
Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.

This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.

Do Tell.
The Seahawks W/L record with HFA in the Pete Carroll era proves you wrong.
I believe that the Coaching & possibly some players had a W checked off in their minds for that game, and took the Skins for granted, and got themselves embarrassed in front of the Home Crowd for their lack of preparation.....BUT, you and I BOTH know that, that's an anomaly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1pc8lrls said:
Do Tell.
Our home-field advantage is nothing like it was a few years ago. Take off the rose-colored glasses based on the entire Pete Carroll era and look at what's happening lately.

Total number of home losses from 2012-2014: two
Total number of home losses from 2015-current: five, and we still have four home games to go to match the number from 2012-2014.

I hate it when people ignore the facts. It's like Colin Cowherd so poignantly said recently; nowadays, people don't want confirmation, they want affirmation.

Per your "do tell" request, I told.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The Seahawks' biggest advantage on MNF: Steve Sarkisian is Atlanta's OC. He could make even Bevell look "good."

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Heyseed":22oex7cu said:
Happy Birthday Aros

Thanks for never counting us out! :irishdrinkers:

Thanks buddy! :irishdrinkers:

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2izpax2q said:
scutterhawk":2izpax2q said:
Do Tell.
Our home-field advantage is nothing like it was a few years ago. Take off the rose-colored glasses based on the entire Pete Carroll era and look at what's happening lately.

Total number of home losses from 2015-current: five, and we still have four home games to go to match the number from 2012-2014.

I hate it when people ignore the facts. It's like Colin Cowherd so poignantly said recently; nowadays, people don't want confirmation, they want affirmation.

TBF, we only had one home loss last year. 2015 was the year where we had three, which was bad. Jury's out on 2017, we can still finish the year with one home loss, but with the injuries it'll be tough.

RW92

Reaction score
Aros":3h4g4341 said:
The negativity in here these days is stifling. Worse than usual and boy oh boy is that saying something. Look, I get it. Injuries have now made these final games more challenging then they should be. I also don't have a problem with constructive criticism or less-than-rosy predictions if you can back it up with unemotional POVs without hyperbole.

What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"

I get it. We are fans and often we wear or emotions on our sleeves. It's part of the deal. But where does it state that fans need to lose touch with reality? In my prediction thread I made it clear that this game against the Falcons is a coin flip. I fully get either team could walk away with a W. That's not the point. The point is, this general consensus that suddenly the Falcons are the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks have no shot.

Say wha?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game. This is a NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOME game. Is Russell Wilson still our quarterback? Is Lockett, Baldwin, P-Rich injured and not playing? What about Wagner? I hear ET is available. Is our CB depth not the most impressive in the league? Look, nobody is saying this or these last games is going to be easy. I am not trying to ignore obvious deficiencies but this whole tail between our legs attitude is for losers and I am DAMN sure this team, the remaining players that are healthy enough to play, are anything but.

ONWARD!

It's like in "Animal House", "what's all this lying around shit?" We just need to rise to the occasion as well as we can and hope for the best. Nothing more.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
RW92":18qmijt1 said:
Aros":18qmijt1 said:
The negativity in here these days is stifling. Worse than usual and boy oh boy is that saying something. Look, I get it. Injuries have now made these final games more challenging then they should be. I also don't have a problem with constructive criticism or less-than-rosy predictions if you can back it up with unemotional POVs without hyperbole.

What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"

I get it. We are fans and often we wear or emotions on our sleeves. It's part of the deal. But where does it state that fans need to lose touch with reality? In my prediction thread I made it clear that this game against the Falcons is a coin flip. I fully get either team could walk away with a W. That's not the point. The point is, this general consensus that suddenly the Falcons are the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks have no shot.

Say wha?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game. This is a NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOME game. Is Russell Wilson still our quarterback? Is Lockett, Baldwin, P-Rich injured and not playing? What about Wagner? I hear ET is available. Is our CB depth not the most impressive in the league? Look, nobody is saying this or these last games is going to be easy. I am not trying to ignore obvious deficiencies but this whole tail between our legs attitude is for losers and I am DAMN sure this team, the remaining players that are healthy enough to play, are anything but.

ONWARD!

It's like in "Animal House", "what's all this lying around shit?" We just need to rise to the occasion as well as we can and hope for the best. Nothing more.
Rather than hoping our guys play to a higher level than they normally do, or just "hoping" for the best, how about pete tells his offensive coaches to do their job and maximize the strengths of the players we have available, keep it short and accurate to minimize pressure on the OL and for the opposing linebackers to play off a bit to protect the short zones. This then makes it much easier to develop the run game, which in turn will open up a deep shot from time to time.

This, or just "hope" for a win doing the same things that have gotten us losses when we play good teams. I would much rather want competence in the strategy than faith in strategic ineptitude or hope that we get lucky.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3irfm4gp said:
Sgt. Largent":3irfm4gp said:
kidhawk":3irfm4gp said:
I think it would be foolish right now not to be worried about this team as the injuries pile up, but as a fan, the enjoyment I get out of the game is the hope of winning each week. I've used that to get through some miserable seasons. We may be far from 100% and we may be the most inconsistent offensively I've seen since 2012 (and maybe even worse than that as far as consistency goes), but I'm a fan first and foremost and I still believe we can win any given week. There's not a game on our schedule we can't win. Sure there are some that we will likely lose, but we can win any given week, and I'll take that and enjoy it as much as I can.

It's expectations with me, so I find myself enjoying this year's games less than I have in the past, even with bad Hawk teams.

So I need to lower my expectations, because I'm having a hard time this year. Super frustrating watching a team with this much talent continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dumb mistakes and make everything so hard on themselves.

are you referring to the offence only? I think defensively they have done their job for the most part.

The Defense isn't completely blameless for the loss to the Redskins on Cousins' VERY QUICK drive in the waning minutes of the game.....They WIN as a team, they LOSE as a team.

daketah

Reaction score
Yes, this team still has a championship mindset, and yes the roster is still about as good as any overall. My issue is that the coaching mindset and strategy seems to ignore the roster, and plans for a game that this team can't play (see running game). I believe in the Seahawks, I just have come to expect that the Bevell/Cable combo can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That said, the games are a whole lot more enjoyable when one doesn't expect a game dominated by the Seahawks. There are some great players on this team, and I immensely enjoy moments of each game.

I suppose what the malady for me is drawn from 35-ish years of active Seahawks fandom. I just hate the thought that we will go back to celebrating having "the best <insert specific statistical category> in the league" rather than celebrating wins on most Sundays. I'm certainly guilty of projecting forward into a future where the Seahawks have regressed to the mean, instead of living objectively in the now. I suppose the now is better than most seasons of the past. We used to hope for winning out to preserve a winning season rather than for a top seed in the conference...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3r5l5iz3 said:
scutterhawk":3r5l5iz3 said:
Do Tell.

You can try and SKEW shit to your hearts content Ron, but the Seahawks have WON 75% of their home games in the last two & a half Seasons, and that's pretty good odds, eh?
Also, they did it with SEVERAL INJURIES to Russell Wilson, as well as other KEY players in BOTH Offense AND Defense.
Do the injuries to Earl Thomas, Tyler Lockett, Jimmy Graham, Cliff Averil, Deshaun Shead, Planter Fascia to Mike Bennett ring any bells?
Oh and now you can add Kam Chancellor & Richard Sherman to the list.
Even WITH all the injuries, 75% is still impressive, PLUS, Last Season, we've beat the Patriots on the ROAD, and a ROAD win against the RAMS.....PROVING that Todd is exactly right, and that it's way too soon for Y'all to start counting the Seahawks OUT.
Instead of taking the "Wait And See" how it all shakes out for the rest of the Season, TOO many WANT TO CALL the Seahawks DONE for the rest of the Year, & to them I say ,"Go Ahead And QUIT" SMH

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
RAMS LOST. If Mr. Monday Night does it one more time we are back on top of the division.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":32flfupr said:
RAMS LOST. If Mr. Monday Night does it one more time we are back on top of the division.
You are so right...It ain't over 'Til the fat lady sings, and she ain't even warming up :irishdrinkers:

hawker84

Reaction score
falcongoggles":f5mqh4g3 said:
My cynicism has ZERO to do with injuries. This offense is atrocious and the playcalling is lost. Not scoring TDs for quarters, halves and three quarters of games is unsustainable and will be the undoing of this team.

Can't agree more. The injuries is just one if many terminal problems for this team, and why I'm not holding high hopes for a real run. Starts with coaching, ends with coaching...