Don't Get the Michaels Criticism

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rjdriver":2lczzxah said:
As a franchise we are moving on from Marshawn Lynch. Marshawn Freaking Lynch. There is not a back alive that wouldn't receive some semblance of criticism following beast, he spoiled us. I too get frustrated by CM falling down and coming up oh so short of first down markers, but I think you make a good point OP.

To add to this, aside from a couple of small periods of transition, we've essentially watched two at least borderline Hall of Fame candidates run the ball for us. Shaun Alexander and Marshawn Lynch are two of the most successful and talented running backs in the league in recent history. That's a lot to move on from no matter who you are.

Yes, Michael has some issues, but many don't seem to see the context of the league, just the eye test following a couple of truly great running backs. Those are some tough shoes to fill no matter who you are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2lpnlio0 said:
Our offensive line has turned into a pass blocking line to protect RW, it's easy to see. Blaming it on one RB is lazy analysis.

If that's the case, release all of them cause they suck at pass pro too.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":9sr0jcbd said:
OkieHawk":9sr0jcbd said:
I'd rather have Spiller replace CMike with Prosise playing 3rd downs and in hurry up offense. That is of course until Rawls comes back.

Spiller can't stay healthy or he would have been playing, nobody has an issue with what he can do, it's how often he is able to do it.

Spiller's been on an injury report since we've acquired him?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I think we need to feed Mike the ball more often. Like the way we opened the second half last week. We started getting chunks of yards, then stopped running. Why?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2bugql79 said:
I think we need to feed Mike the ball more often. Like the way we opened the second half last week. We started getting chunks of yards, then stopped running. Why?

If I'm not mistaken the OC makes those decisions...

StoneCold

Reaction score
OkieHawk":plxd6y92 said:
StoneCold":plxd6y92 said:

If I'm not mistaken the OC makes those decisions...

He should be FIRED! :stirthepot:

nash72

Reaction score
StoneCold":7q0z5xje said:

You really have to ask?

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Where do you all get this is a ground and pound team? Pete wants what? Last week, at halftime, I got to see our board read 3 yards rushing . They didnt try to run. What pete wants, pete gets. Its not a run first team.

2nd half when cmike started running he ran for biggish consecutive gains and then we bacame pass happy again.

Cmike can run. Let him. If he drives out of bounds early, ok he cost 1 yard and 1 first down. Our oline has cost us hundreds of yards in false starts and holds.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
chris98251":1vym0tpz said:
OkieHawk":1vym0tpz said:
I'd rather have Spiller replace CMike with Prosise playing 3rd downs and in hurry up offense. That is of course until Rawls comes back.

Spiller can't stay healthy or he would have been playing, nobody has an issue with what he can do, it's how often he is able to do it.
Spiller isn't even on the Seahawks anymore.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3i565frf said:
fridayfrenzy":3i565frf said:
Jazzhawk":3i565frf said:
Stats aren't the only thing that makes a back good. Helping your team win is what matters. In that area he falls short. He's just not a 'difference maker' IMHO. He doesn't have the 'It' factor for me. There, I said it.

How many RBs are actually difference makers in the NFL?

I don't care about other places, I care about here. In this offense with how this team is built, we NEED a difference maker.

In other places that throw it all over the field they don't need a difference maker. But that's not the Hawks.........and sorry but Michael ain't it.
This isn't the 2013 Seahawks. This offense is becoming more balanced (for many reasons).

nwHawk

Reaction score
Ot enough to really judge, but did we learn anything new this week against the Bills?

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":38u6dbh7 said:
nwHawk":38u6dbh7 said:
Ot enough to really judge, but did we learn anything new this week against the Bills?
We learned that we ran the ball 8 times.

and crunch time towards the end they handed off to Prosise. They just don't trust cmike. I don't blame them.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Smellyman":2vqg5asr said:
vin.couve12":2vqg5asr said:
nwHawk":2vqg5asr said:

and crunch time towards the end they handed off to Prosise. They just don't trust cmike. I don't blame them.
Phfshs,, you got an agenda. I don't care if they play cripple granny. You have to be balanced and we've been nothing like that going into the gameplan for weeks now with an injured QB.

It's like getting fired on your day off. They WERE running fine and then they changed designs with all of this misdirection passing to help RW not to have to roll out and waggle all the time.

We ran zone left/zone right and waggle flood concepts for 4 years and no one could really stop it enough to not do it all together.

THEN somebody got gimpy and you adjust. I just don't think you abandon the run. It still makes no sense.

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":p61ypeo2 said:
Smellyman":p61ypeo2 said:
vin.couve12":p61ypeo2 said:
nwHawk":p61ypeo2 said:

Phfshs,, you got an agenda. I don't care if they play cripple granny. You have to be balanced and we've been nothing like that going into the gameplan for weeks now with an injured QB.

It's like getting fired on your day off. They WERE running fine and then they changed designs with all of this misdirection passing to help RW not to have to roll out and waggle all the time.

We ran zone left/zone right and waggle flood concepts for 4 years and no one could really stop it.

THEN somebody got gimpy and you adjust. I just don't think you abandon the run. It still makes no sense.

an agenda? You think they trust him?

You are his biggest defender. I guess you have an agenda.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Smellyman":rh1usn3x said:
vin.couve12":rh1usn3x said:
Smellyman":rh1usn3x said:
vin.couve12":rh1usn3x said:

We ran zone left/zone right and waggle flood concepts for 4 years and no one could really stop it.

an agenda? You think they trust him?

You are his biggest defender. I guess you have an agenda.[/quote]
lol I never said anything about trusting Michael. You did.. Play lava flow Collins for all I care. Just run the damn ball.

chris98251

Reaction score
OkieHawk":kux3ge97 said:
chris98251":kux3ge97 said:
OkieHawk":kux3ge97 said:

Spiller's been on an injury report since we've acquired him?

He was on one just prior to us getting him, he has been hurt most the last two years, not sure why he was released but maybe there was news on Pope being cut or maybe he wasn't a good fit. The few times he was on the filed he did show something, probably what got him the Jets job.