Dont jerk around

John63

Reaction score
Whatever we do we cant do our usual keep it close. To many things that can happen, to little margin for error.

Penalties
Refs
Weather
Injuries

We need to get the lead and keep the foot on the pedal.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Football fans want this but this is uncommon for any team that doesn't have a great defense. The Texans are example A of this. Pete has his philosophy, flawed as it may be for a reason. When the game is close players fight till the end, and teams who can't handle it crumble

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LOL texans just blew a 24 pt lead and allowed 34 unanswered points.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ......... best-laid plans of mice and men oft go astray.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
John63":1d7lckqi said:
Whatever we do we cant do our usual keep it close. To many things that can happen, to little margin for error.

Penalties
Refs
Weather
Injuries

I'm thinking that rope-a-dope is fine. Getting Aaron into aggressive mode may not be the smartest. Keep it low scoring and close and pull it out at the end has worked all year so I'm not going to suggest we change things up.

Texans got a huge lead and essentially just poked the bear. Mahomes got mad, then he got even.

I remember a Packer playoff game where we got out to a 14 point lead and then got blown out. Early leads aren't what they are cracked up to be.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3itfsncm said:
John63":3itfsncm said:

Penalties
Refs
Weather
Injuries

I'm thinking that rope-a-dope is fine. Getting Aaron into aggressive mode may not be the smartest. Keep it low scoring and close and pull it out at the end has worked all year so I'm not going to suggest we change things up.

Texans got a huge lead and essentially just poked the bear. Mahomes got mad, then he got even.

I remember a Packer playoff game where we got out to a 14 point lead and then got blown out. Early leads aren't what they are cracked up to be.

Fine guys play it that way, I don't want to hear anything about refs, you keep it close you Invite the refs and other things to snatch the game. But hey you want to play the close game, play it. FYI we lost that game because after we got up 14 we took our foot off the pedal on offensw and defense which is my point. But whatever

minormillikin

Reaction score
There's no secret playbook or identity that teams save for the postseason. Seahawks are what they are.

If they win by 1 I'll be ecstatic, if they win by 14+ I'll be shocked (and happy).

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
PC would be running three times up the gut and punting every possession in the 4th quarter with a 10 point lead. And we'd likely lose. Andy Reid? Let's get another touchdown.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
minormillikin":3k7fcc22 said:
There's no secret playbook or identity that teams save for the postseason. Seahawks are what they are.

If they win by 1 I'll be ecstatic, if they win by 14+ I'll be shocked (and happy).

Ah we kept the foot on the pedal in the SB we won, which was not how we played all year. They can do it and should but will PC.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agree with John63. I think it's going to take a 4 quarter effort to win. Cant afford a slow start.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
Don't jerk around a 57-0 Seahawks streak holding a lead.

I'd be far more worried about obtaining a lead in the first place. The cards are heavily, heavily stacked against in this one. Let's hope the Packers Flu at least evens the playing field a tiny bit.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Halftime. No woriies about us keeping it close thing. Down 3-21. Russ has made some nice throws, but is not on his game. Indecision is costly. Take what you can get when its there and lets get on with it. Our TOP is pathetic. D has been on the field most of the first half.
We start second with the ball. Better get this thing turned around quick, or we're not gonna.

maciasstrong68

Reaction score
this defense is sorry game over ... am a big norton fan but last two seasons have been the worst d ive seen in years soft d

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":2b93rfk4 said:
Don't jerk around a 57-0 Seahawks streak holding a lead.

I'd be far more worried about obtaining a lead in the first place. The cards are heavily, heavily stacked against in this one. Let's hope the Packers Flu at least evens the playing field a tiny bit.

Hence playing it close and waiting till the 2and half to play.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1myklpdn said:
Halftime. No woriies about us keeping it close thing. Down 3-21. Russ has made some nice throws, but is not on his game. Indecision is costly. Take what you can get when its there and lets get on with it. Our TOP is pathetic. D has been on the field most of the first half.
We start second with the ball. Better get this thing turned around quick, or we're not gonna.

21 for 31 68 comp, 1 td, 277 yards and another 64 on the ground accounting for over 90% ofnour yards. Mike drop

Latest posts