Don't Let Russ Force His Way Out

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":pvtl1ixx said:
:sarcasm_off:
John63":pvtl1ixx said:
LTH":pvtl1ixx said:
John63":pvtl1ixx said:
The funny part is after every loss Wilson always says we and then always says he has to play better. Funny how people only hear what they want to hear.

Ok fair enough but.... does Wilson sometimes just say what everybody wants to hear... I really like the guy but sometimes I think he is just mouth service and rightly so they way the media kinda runs with assumption...

LTH

Perhaps but his actions follow the words: first in practice, last to leave, working out with players in the offseason, practicing right after surgery, spending millions on trainers of all kinds etc etc

If he did not do all those things I might agree with you, but he walks the walk as well.

I don't agree Wilson seems very passive aggressive to me

Lth

I would use the word cowardly

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Welshers":2a2un6kv said:
John63":2a2un6kv said:
Welshers":2a2un6kv said:
I love Russel Wilson and a huge fan of his but I don't think we should let him force his way out at the end of the season. He still has two years of contract left. Tell him to play for the Hawks next year or not at all. He signed a contract and is an employee like everyone else, making literally hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game.

Look at how it worked with Rogers and Ben Simmons. These guys refused to show up but when the teams would not bend they ended up reporting for work. Because it's an insane amount of money to not take. Russ may demand a trade this offseason but we should refuse. He will play 2022.

The year after is the final year of his contract and if he won't sign an extension we can trade him at that point and we will still get an arm and a leg. Don't let him bully us this offseason. Love the guy and understand his frustration but he's an employee. He can quit or play for Seattle next season. His choice.

so first a lot of assumptions here. Who said he was going to force his way out? nobody.
Quite literally the vast majority of this forum says he is gone after this year. I am just addressing this scenario. I know you're a huge Russ fan, as am I, so we can both agree we needs to stay. Hopefully he wants to.

Just because the “vast majority of this forum” say so doesn’t make it real. There isn’t a single person on this message board who knows the inner workings of the locker room. Unless a player or two or front office person gets their jollies by posting crap on a message board about their employer. Opinions on this board and any other are just that. Opinions. There are 32 GM jobs available in the top football league on this planet. There are 32 HC jobs. 32 out of how many billion people??! The people who do these jobs have dedicated their life’s work to be professional people. Those of us on message boards have regular people jobs and post our opinions as time permits during our days as unpaid unprofessional fans of a team. Our opinions mean nothing. Jim Mora probably said it best years ago, “you think you know but you don’t know”. I find it highly unlikely that Russell Wilson will be gone next year. Or even the year after. He is under contract to the Seahawks for the next two years. The following two years after that they also have control with the franchise tag. Can anyone give me an example of a franchise QB being traded away during the prime of his career. I’ll wait. I can only think of two mega deals, which is what this type of thing would be. They both involved RBs not QBs. Herschel Walker to Minnesota for a crapload and to a lesser degree Ricky Williams to NO for their entire draft. A franchise QB is a precious commodity and those in NFL front offices know it better than anyone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great post ^
The way people act like what they say is facts is very entertaining. NONE of us truly know.
And just because you WANT him gone, doesn't mean he will be gone.