Russ Tonight

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I am still rooting against him. I mean, last year was a blast due to all the well known circumstances and even though I think we still can get a better draft position with one of the picks next April with more Broncos losses (and who among us don't like to see the Broncos lose?), I just don't have the same feeling this year. He's quietly been producing this year. I'll never hate the guy, he simply meant too much to me as a Seattle Seahawk, but he's no longer part of the family as long as he is wearing orange.

One of my fringe teams I root for outside of the Jags, Lions and Browns (if they don't affect us) is the Bills. So by default...

GO BILLS!

Mizak

Reaction score
They on a 2 game winning streak. Payton and Russ might be on something.

BASF

Reaction score
Pretty sure we are rooting for a better pick from the Saints losing, since it was that pick we dealt for that went to the Broncos for Sean Payton.

bileever

Reaction score
Pretty sure we are rooting for a better pick from the Saints losing, since it was that pick we dealt for that went to the Broncos for Sean Payton.
We gave them our third round pick this year (#83) which they used to select Riley Moss, a CB, and we got their fourth pick this year (#108) which we used for Anthony Bradford plus a third rounder in 2024 (either New Orleans' or Denver's, whichever is worse). Good trade so far, I think.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Russ. I think the Bills are frauds. Would be cool af for the Broncos to overcome their early funk and get a wildcard, then get bounced.

During that run hopefully they catch Payton cheating or something and bounce him out of the league permanently.

I just can't hate Russ, and I don't see that he's the Broncos problem this year.

You watch, Josh Allen will throw some picks tonight. He always does in prime time games...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I root for Russ. The dude played his ass off for us, played hurt, never pouted and even though a few teammates might think he was weird or whatever none of them question his work ethic or his efforts as a teammate. We don't win a SB without him and there are plenty of bad guys in the league that its not hard to root for a good guy even if the way it ended was bad and he played a massive part in it.

He's been pretty dang good this year too. I'm just not wired to root bad on people. I can't do it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I am still rooting against him. I mean, last year was a blast due to all the well known circumstances and even though I think we still can get a better draft position with one of the picks next April with more Broncos losses (and who among us don't like to see the Broncos lose?), I just don't have the same feeling this year. He's quietly been producing this year. I'll never hate the guy, he simply meant too much to me as a Seattle Seahawk, but he's no longer part of the family as long as he is wearing orange.

One of my fringe teams I root for outside of the Jags, Lions and Browns (if they don't affect us) is the Bills. So by default...

GO BILLS!
What a trolling post this is! :ROFLMAO:
We have the Donkeys 3 so I'm of course rooting against Me3.
Quietly producing?Yes Aros because Sean has him on a tight leash
take a look at his passing numbers(way down)He no longer cooks!
This is after he refused to be a simple game manager here yet that
is exactly what he is there and a very expensive one at that for dinking
and dunking passes underneath with a rare easy run a couple times.
I don't share the he meant to much to me with you (sorry) I just see a
QB who's head blew up when he got paid and it all went to hell after.
I can't get past "I'm going to a team that want's to win" or the biggie
"I don't have to carry the team". (blood boiling)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What a trolling post this is! :ROFLMAO:
We have the Donkeys 3 so I'm of course rooting against Me3.
Quietly producing?Yes Aros because Sean has him on a tight leash
take a look at his passing numbers(way down)He no longer cooks!
This is after he refused to be a simple game manager here yet that
is exactly what he is there and a very expensive one at that for dinking
and dunking passes underneath with a rare easy run a couple times.
I don't share the he meant to much to me with you (sorry) I just see a
QB who's head blew up when he got paid and it all went to hell after.
I can't get past "I'm going to a team that want's to win" or the biggie
"I don't have to carry the team". (blood boiling)

You do you brother.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
A lot of us want to see the Broncos lose in general because of our previous AFC West battles generally watching our team lose. I live in Denver and I'm happy to watch the local fans get worked up into a frenzy and then get crushed because I don't care about the team. It's people-watching entertainment.

I get people being upset at the way Wilson left, but if you are actually emotionally invested in that I suggest you to take a step back and evaluate. It's just dumb football business stuff.

This is especially true if you can muster rage over Wilson but aren't actually bothered by things like Deshaun Watson getting a quarter billion dollars guaranteed when he's clearly a predator. Or that insane mess Dan Snyder and his cohorots were running in Washington. These are people who have actually preyed on and hurt others and gotten rewarded despite it. Wilson's infractions, at worst, are selfishness and ego.

And that dude was the right player at the right time for this team. He brought a lot of excitement and fun for us, and heavily contributed to that Super Bowl win. It's okay to be happy about that and not like how he left. It's okay to enjoy watching him having a good game or watching him lose in a good natured way. But if you're invested in it like you went through a bad divorce with your spouse, it's not fun.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I want the 3rd rounder that we get from the Donkeys to be as high as possible... so I'm rooting against both the Donks and the Aints.

I'm guessing that the Bills will win tonight but the Donkeys will beat the spread, which is currently at -7 for the Bills.

bileever

Reaction score
I think it will be closer than the spread. The Broncos have been good the last couple of games, and we don't know what the Bills are this year. Amazing how quickly the window can close on a team.

At this point, hard to muster up strong feelings against Russ, but won't be rooting for the Broncos for sure. I think if Russ plays well, it kind of messes up the Broncos more. They won't get a high draft pick and they will stick with him for a bit longer, which won't be good for them in the long run.

knownone

Reaction score
I always find myself rooting for Russ. I'd hate to see him end his career on a terrible team. With that said, my expectations are pretty low for tonight.

This is a must-win game for the Bills. They'll be aggressive and score a lot of points, and I have zero confidence in the Broncos' offense when playing from behind.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It is not Russ3 that concerns me. It is the Damn Broncos. When I left home for the service, the only team AFC we could watch over the air because it was the only tv channels was Denver. No Seattle. Forever more I hate Denver and Oakland...that is a different matter tho. LOL

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I need a bad game out of the Buffalo D for f fantasy purposes so I can't cheer for Russ turnovers. :(

On another note, for fellow old-timers, my friends and I are referring to Dalton Kincaid as Reuben Kincaid