Doug Baldwin love

themunn

Reaction score
Man that 5 game stretch in 2015 with 11 TDs was otherworldly. Even Moss in his record setting year didn't manage a tally like that, and he was catching passes from Tom Brady at the absolute peak of his powers.

Jerry Rice did better in his record setting season, but even Moss doesn't come close to that kind of prodution, 22 TDs in 12 games was OTHER-other-worldy

Boohman14

Reaction score
Balwin was just a play maker. It seemed when Seattle needed a play he made it. Think the kickoff return in the NCF Championship Game against SF. Or the catch in the cold weather against the Vikings. I could go on.

In his rookie year he sought out Steve Largent for advice. He played with the biggest chip on his shoulder of any Seahawk. Just a pure competitor. He always reminded me of Steve Smith in attitude and Largent in rout running.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score

It's hard to throw the word "ever" out there, but I think it's safe to say he was the most underrated WR in the NFL of the 2010s.
For me, I'm wondering how it happened though. Did his measurable improve with NFL strength and conditioning programs? Was it just coaching?
How does something like that even happen? Something had to have changed, because if his college game and NFL game were the same then he would've been drafted early

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It's hard to throw the word "ever" out there, but I think it's safe to say he was the most underrated WR in the NFL of the 2010s.
For me, I'm wondering how it happened though. Did his measurable improve with NFL strength and conditioning programs? Was it just coaching?
How does something like that even happen? Something had to have changed, because if his college game and NFL game were the same then he would've been drafted early
There are intangibles that you can’t measure in someone that separate them from others. Work ethic, attitude, chip on shoulder, and perseverance. Doug had them all. Many players have top end physical skills but lack one or more of the intangibles. They look great in college film and on paper so they are drafted high. Doug is a perfect example of what you get when you take out all the noise. My son still has this picture on his wall. Just one of many spectacular clutch catches by DB. He epitomizes what its is to be a Seattle Seahawk.
Sddefault

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Just this morning, I read an article about the Seahawks being in the bottom 3rd in YAC, even when we had RW up behind Center.
Wilson had his best successes when he had Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate before him, because of their ability to get open, and their YAC.
Debo Samuel was mentioned in that article as one of the best NOW, and credited for his ability to turning short catches into long gains.
I can now better understand why Pete & John went after Jaxon in the first round, and Charbonnet in the Second, as I believe that Pete wants to help Geno/Waldron to take the Seahawks out of the bottom 3rd in Offensive YAC plays.
I miss Doug Baldwin's YAC ability, and am hoping like hell that Jaxon can bring in some of what's been missing in the Seahawks Offense since Doug's departure.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DB was/is cerebral, VERY cerebral, and one of the reasons that Russell Wilson had the success that he did in Seattle...Denver doesn't (or didn't) have guys like Baldwin, Lockett, or Metcalf to help bail his arse out....And it SHOWED....#5 Draft pick

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There are intangibles that you can’t measure in someone that separate them from others. Work ethic, attitude, chip on shoulder, and perseverance. Doug had them all. Many players have top end physical skills but lack one or more of the intangibles. They look great in college film and on paper so they are drafted high. Doug is a perfect example of what you get when you take out all the noise. My son still has this picture on his wall. Just one of many spectacular clutch catches by DB. He epitomizes what its is to be a Seattle Seahawk.
View attachment 59150
SPECTACULAR !^!^!^

ivotuk

Reaction score

Doug was that good in College, but his combine was not that good. How good was he at Stanford? Good enough that John Schneider sent him a hand-written letter asking him to sign with the Seattle Seahawks. John knew he didn't have enough picks to grab ADB late, so he did everything he could to convince him to sign with the Seahawks as an UDFA. Luckily for us, we already had Sherman, and it was a done deal.

Sherm said he called Doug and said: "I need you here!"

Fabulous posts, thank you.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug and Lynch were the leaders on offense, Wilson was never a leader, just a cheerleader. Once both of them retired and left the offense never had a personality, toughness or edge.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
One of his most incredible catches happened in that 2017 game in Phoenix where Kam & Sherm got hurt.

It was crazy being there live.

rcaido

Reaction score
One of his most incredible catches happened in that 2017 game in Phoenix where Kam & Sherm got hurt.

It was crazy being there live.

To be fair, that was more of a Wilson highlight then Baldwin. Baldwin half ass block the guy and then improvise it as a screen. Very risky move by Wilson but he had the luck charm back then.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
To be fair, that was more of a Wilson highlight then Baldwin. Baldwin half ass block the guy and then improvise it as a screen. Very risky move by Wilson but he had the luck charm back then.
Baldwin did his job and got open. Stop.