Doug Baldwin love

bileever

Reaction score
Just the best, loved watching him play.

To understand how good he was, PFF pointed out in an article that Russell Wilson had a 91.0 grade when Baldwin played, and 63.7 when Baldwin wasn't playing. I'll post the link here, although it's probably behind a paywall:

Torc

Reaction score
Baldwin is in my top 3 players in the Carroll era, for sure. I agree that much of Russ' success in those early years was in large part due to ADB. I don't know that I've ever seen someone better at the scramble drill (although Lockett comes close).

pmedic920

Reaction score
LOOK, here’s the deal.

Dude was a Baller, and I’d have to question any Seahawk fan that didn’t have a place in his/her/it’s heart for DB.

I remember someone here talking about some interaction on the street where DB was less than cordial, but so what. Celebrities get messed with all the time, cut them some slack.

rcaido

Reaction score
Just the best, loved watching him play.

To understand how good he was, PFF pointed out in an article that Russell Wilson had a 91.0 grade when Baldwin played, and 63.7 when Baldwin wasn't playing. I'll post the link here, although it's probably behind a paywall:

To be fair, I think that rating is a bit misleading IMO.

vs Bears 2tds, 1int 86.1 rating
vs Cowboys 2tds, 0int, 109.8 rating
vs Vikings 0 tds, 1int, 37.9 rating

Wilson didn't play that bad without Baldwin except 1 game but even then, it was a blowout against the Vikings. He was killing the Vikings in running. He had over 60+yrds rushing. He didn't need to throw the ball.

Baldwin was a beast no doubt about it. When he retired, i was devastated but to be fair Lockett was already coming out on his own and then when he finally became the #1, he exploded.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks have a pretty good history of those small WR. Largent, Baldwin, Lockett. Similar sizes, similar work ethic, different styles and speeds, maybe, but all damn good receivers that knew the route tree, could get open and most important, caught the damn ball. I guess you could throw Jackson in there, but he dropped a few balls along the way.

Mick063

Reaction score
Doug Balwin may be the most gifted intellectual to ever put on a Seahawk uniform. I think he is a brilliant man. An incredibly articulate and very perceptive young man. I was floored by some of his enlightening interviews. He would be a natural in the study of academic philosophy. He builds a logical foundation for his dialog extremely well.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I love it when players like ADB not only excel at their craft, but show they are thoughtful, intelligent and articulate people as well. I don't have an archetype in mind for this kind of player, but it's refreshing to see nonetheless. Kudos to Doug. I would add that many Seahawk players seem to carry the title most underrated. I think it's because we're in South Alaska.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the best route runners in the history of the game imo. One of the most underrated WR's of all time. Most underrated WR of his generation. Period.

His ability to get open on the scramble drill is ridiculous. And you can see the same skills from Tyler, he obviously learned a lot playing with Doug.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad Geno is our QB this season. And I'm glad Russ is gone. Geno is about to have a hell of a season imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad Geno is our QB this season. And I'm glad Russ is gone. Geno is about to have a hell of a season imo.
Nah SF you two just don't care for each other..

You could ignore him just as well or avoid responding right?

Last edited by a moderator:

morgulon1

Reaction score
#89 is and will always be one of my favorite Seahawks . Of ALL time.
I agree with all who feel he is underated.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could make a case that he's a top 5 all time underrated WR. Man, he was SO consistent. And had a fire in him. Total team leader too.
And................he was undrafted.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It might even make up for not picking Travis Kelce big time Seahawk type never understood the ridiculous drafts for years until 2022-23. In drafts you ALWAYS go BPA and pivot when you can't trade up or down. We would have picked Stroud or Richardson immigrants at 5 . They have to spin their picks for the fan base and more importantly the other teams and you NEVER admit you got sloppy seconds evet.