Doug Baldwin restructured contract

Ozzy

Reaction score
Marcel Darius is my guess if its not Richardson. Should be interesting.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":245m1bak said:
For anyone curious about kicking the can down the road, OTC has just updated to reflect Badwin's new cap numbers thru 2020.

Here >>> [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/player/doug-baldwin/1539[/urltargetblank]

Baldwin's about as safe of a player as there is to restructure on, and by the time they have to pay for this they're going to be a significantly different team anyway probably.

Curious to see who the money is for, but on the Baldwin side of things I like it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Looking at Hsu's twitter feed he seems to be using retweets to hint that it's Akiem Hicks.

If I had to put money on it that would be my guess.

Edit: Just checked and Hicks is on the last year of his deal, making the one year rental without long-term cap ramifications make a ton of sense too.

Yep. Definitely betting Hicks on this one.

If it is Hicks, remember not to get too worked up about the compensation, as there's probably a comp pick coming to the Seahawks for him in two years also.

AlciG

Reaction score
Whatever is going down better happen in the next 8 hours or I won't be able to sleep

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6wdqprw6 said:
Looking at Hsu's twitter feed he seems to be using retweets to hint that it's Akiem Hicks.

Edit: Just checked and Hicks is on the last year of his deal, making the one year rental without long-term cap ramifications make a ton of sense too.

Except, why would the Bears want to get rid of him? I thought they had been in extension talks very recently.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":to2bm2xz said:
Popeyejones":to2bm2xz said:

Except, why would the Bears want to get rid of him? I thought they had been in extension talks very recently.

Hsu retweeted someone listing all the great young depth the Bears have at Dline, which is a weird thing to retweet unless we're talking Hicks.

Hicks was also on the list of D-lineman making between 6 and 10 mil that Hsu retweeted, which is almost entirely made up up guys who almost definitely aren't moving.

CONCLUSION: All signs Hicks. :2thumbs:

EDIT: Also worth saying that like everyone else who doesn't enjoy self-flagellation I don't watch Bears games so I don't know much about Hicks beyond his reputation (read: I have nothing to base the fit or impact of him on the Hawks), but IMO either Hsu doesn't know what he's talking about or its Akiem Hicks or nobody.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I've felt all along that a trade centered around Jeremy Lane to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson would make sense for both teams, and this move with Baldwin's contract really allows that to happen now (along with countless other options). The Jets are desperate for CB help and Lane would be under contract for the next 3 seasons with no guaranteed money beyond his base salary this season, and no dead money if the Jets were to cut him after this season. Trading Lane would free up $4M in cap space for the Hawks in 2017, and together with the $5.2M they just created via Baldwin, would equal $9.2M....which is MORE than the $8.1M that Richardson would consume. The Jets need a ton of WR help too, so perhaps Jermaine Kearse could be involved as an alternate (or add-in). Trading Kearse frees up $2.2M for Seattle in 2017, which would equate to $7.4M with the Baldwin restructure. Regardless, the Hawks now have a ton of cap space to play with for 2017.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37x5von7 said:
Coug_Hawk08":37x5von7 said:
Popeyejones":37x5von7 said:

Hsu retweeted someone listing all the great young depth the Bears have at Dline, which is a weird thing to retweet unless we're talking Hicks.

Hicks was also on the list of D-lineman making between 6 and 10 mil that Hsu retweeted, which is almost entirely made up up guys who almost definitely aren't moving.

EDIT: Also worth saying that like everyone else who doesn't enjoy self-flagellation I don't watch Bears games so I don't know much about Hicks beyond his reputation (read: I have nothing to base the fit or impact of him on the Hawks), but IMO either Hsu doesn't know what he's talking about or its Akiem Hicks or nobody.

I dont see any re tweets about hicks

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1tfv9mox said:
Well, lots of rumors about Kearse to the Bears, so Hicks makes sense in that light. Hmm.

Have not seen a single report about Kearse to the Bears. Is it logical? Sure, but so are a lot of options. But no official reports linking the teams. I'm just saying, people are tying it together, because they want to. It's just like how we have rationalized why the Jets need Kearse and Lane.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2l48vi2s said:

Yep. Definitely betting Hicks on this one.

If it is Hicks, remember not to get too worked up about the compensation, as there's probably a comp pick coming to the Seahawks for him in two years also.
Hmmm, at 6-5 and 332 lbs, he'd be a Red Bryant clone at DE. Interesting.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IrishNW":2oy937ub said:
Popeyejones":2oy937ub said:
Coug_Hawk08":2oy937ub said:
Popeyejones":2oy937ub said:

There are two retweets you have to look across to come to Hicks as the answer.

The first is a retweet of a list of D-lineman who make between 6 and 10 million that the Hawks could be targeting, of which Hicks is on. He's retweeting it because one of the guys he's talking about is likely on that list.

The second is a retweet of a list of all of the great young d-line depth on the Bears, of which Hicks isn't on.

From the first retweet you can instantly narrow out most of those guys, as there's no chance they're being moved. Hicks is one of the few guys left.

For the second retweet it's just super bizarre for a Hawks beat writer to retweet a list of the Bears' great young d-line depth unless the notable absence of Hicks is the meaningful part of it.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1pnphrvz said:
IrishNW":1pnphrvz said:
Popeyejones":1pnphrvz said:
Coug_Hawk08":1pnphrvz said:

There are two retweets you have to look across to come to Hicks as the answer.

The first is a retweet of a list of D-lineman who make between 6 and 10 million that the Hawks could be targeting, of which Hicks is on. He's retweeting it because one of the guys he's talking about is likely on that list.

The second is a retweet of a list of all of the great young d-line depth on the Bears, of which Hicks isn't on.

From the first retweet you can instantly narrow out most of those guys, as there's no chance they're being moved. Hicks is one of the few guys left.

For the second retweet it's just super bizarre for a Hawks beat writer to retweet a list of the Bears' great young d-line depth unless the notable absence of Hicks is the meaningful part of it.

Thats the one im not seeing

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
After Hsu claiming that McDowells face was torn back to his ear...Im not inclined to believe him when he says its not for Richardson.