Douglas McNeil beat Sherman (twice) today

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Honestly, if im Kearse with Lockett, Matthews, and McNiel getting praise. I would work with JS to drop my cap hit. Sign like a 3 yr deal 1.5m signing bonus with at a guaranteed min of 550 k. He still makes 2.05m for 2015 but his cap hit drops to 1.05m. Saving about 1.25m.

His future base salaries could be 2-3m, either way Seahawks could cut him using june 1st dez and split his 1m dead cap across 2 years.

A low cap hit in 2015 would make him much more valuable to keep. If he gets outplayed and becomes JAG, Seahawks surely could move on saving 2.3m. And I doubt any team after cuts are going to sign him more than 1 yr at 1m max.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1rmvm21m said:
Basis4day":1rmvm21m said:
Hasselbeck":1rmvm21m said:
HOLLYWOOD":1rmvm21m said:
Hopefully this isn't Sherm slipping.. for some reason Sherm getting beat twice by an unknown causes more concern than optimism.

Keep in mind it's what.. day 3 of camp? And no #31 back there too.

Nothing to worry about

Are they even in pads yet?

They practiced in pads yesterday and #17 (Kevin Smith? Washington)caught every ball thrown his way. I thought he stood out.

They say Smith has done really well. But he sat out today's practice with a left leg injury.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/628275830498562048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/628275355313270784[/tweet]

edogg23

Reaction score
That one handed leaping catch he makes at 46 seconds in on the video is pretty amazing. I know its only area league but he looked pretty damn good.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Are the people freaking out about players getting beat in practice the same ones who over-analyze preseason play (where there is little to no gameplanning) and spring training performances for baseball players?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
By the time that Denver comes marching in here for the first Pre-season game on August 14th, Sherm will have honed his skills back to the #1 CB that he is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wasn't Kurt Warner a Arena QB? He really stunk it up as well.

When you line up on someone you have never seen you have to learn them a bit, he may have baited Sherm with a lag leg and kicked it into gear or used a move Sherm was not expecting or had seen. This happens, I will bet Sherm finds out as much as he can on the guy bewteen the end of that practice and the next day.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":10pcapcs said:
Sherman getting beat is easily explained by Earl Thomas's absence. He is the only reason Sherman has success.

Hilariously idiotic ststement.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":3s822kkh said:
Hasselbeck":3s822kkh said:
The best WR in football is a 5-10 guy.

Dez Bryant is 5'10'' ? Good to know.

yyy.gif

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2ft2bvt1 said:
Tech Worlds":2ft2bvt1 said:
Sherman getting beat is easily explained by Earl Thomas's absence. He is the only reason Sherman has success.

If you glance up, you can probably see the joke soaring above your head

Fade

Reaction score
McGruff":2ugwoxuv said:
To be honest I am more enamored with a 3 wide set of Baldwin, Lockett and Richardson. Guys who can reliably get quick separation and run after the catch. As the league copies us and moves towards big corners, our smurfs can tie them in knots.

Separation is overrated. Little guys have to get separation or they are not open.

Big and or Physical targets with a catch radious are always open. They don't have to get separation just throw it up.

Jimmy Graham
Dez Bryant
Gronk
Andre Johnson
Q Boldin
Kelvin Benjamin
Brandon Marshall

Fade

Reaction score
@Hassellbeck

Why do you think Antonio Brown is better than Dez Bryant?

Fade

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...training-camp-aerial-attack-about-to-take-off
"With some bigger wide receivers, especially Matthews and Kearse, Seattle could use some jumbo receiver packages that include Jimmy Graham and Luke Willson. The Seahawks have shown such groupings in red-zone drills, and physically, it is difficult to match up against -- that's a lot of size that can run, jump and catch. Graham flashed this by snagging balls on sideline routes, deep routes and across the middle, even when covered."

Music to my ears.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2jpzcun3 said:
harryjohnson":2jpzcun3 said:
Tech Worlds":2jpzcun3 said:

If you glance up, you can probably see the joke soaring above your head
Nothing soars over his head. If he looked up and saw it, he would catch it. His reflexes are really good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Cool, am happy for him. In the end this qualifies him to legitimately compete for a slot on the team. To me it'd be totally awesome if this player can make the team. Even better if he was a great player and diamond gathered from the rough. It's early yet. Let's wait and see.