DT Kyle Love coming in for a visit

hoxrox

Reaction score
drdiags":3iwzm6j5 said:
Basis4day":3iwzm6j5 said:
drdiags":3iwzm6j5 said:
It is looking to me that is just a matter of time before Jordan Hill goes on the IR. Would suspect DT is high on the list for next year's draft.

Based on what exactly?

On my own inclination. Hill himself had reported to folks back East that he was done for the year when the injury happened, only for the story to change after he consulted with team doctors. Just my cynicism. So now you know what my speculation was based on, along with the fact that the time frame for recovery is starting to look like his original estimates he gave to home town media in Pennsylvania.

From what I've heard, it's a bicep strain. Guess it would be hard to generate any push with that, but how serious can that type of injury be?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
hoxrox":2aofooaj said:
From what I've heard, it's a bicep strain. Guess it would be hard to generate any push with that, but how serious can that type of injury be?

Didnt JJ Watt have a partially torn bicep last year?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":2drf2lz1 said:
I am now under the firm belief that P & J are just trying to mess everyone up.
And, Howard must really have been unimpressive to the entire staff since Quinn was a coach of his in college.

What makes it even more strange is that Quinn was the one who recommended the Hawks draft Howard when they were doing their draft research.

Now that he actually has the chance to use the guy he wanted the Hawks to draft, he dumps him.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
doesn't take much of an injury to keep some of these guys from playing, fact

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
McGruff":3rqxi7ts said:
drdiags":3rqxi7ts said:
It is looking to me that is just a matter of time before Jordan Hill goes on the IR. Would suspect DT is high on the list for next year's draft.

Um, all signs point to the exact opposite being true.

Latest statement from Pete was "He's feeling better, but no specific timeline for recovery." I wouldn't say that's very confidence inspiring, but we'll see.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":1dyk7bs8 said:
Basis4day":1dyk7bs8 said:
drdiags":1dyk7bs8 said:

Based on what exactly?

On my own inclination. Hill himself had reported to folks back East that he was done for the year when the injury happened, only for the story to change after he consulted with team doctors. Just my cynicism. So now you know what my speculation was based on, along with the fact that the time frame for recovery is starting to look like his original estimates he gave to home town media in Pennsylvania.

Link to the Hills statement on his injury? I'd like to read it. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me the way you phrased it. The Seahawks docs would be the first people to examine him.

drdiags

Reaction score
Basis4day":2rgjjykr said:
drdiags":2rgjjykr said:
Basis4day":2rgjjykr said:
drdiags said:

Based on what exactly?

Link to the Hills statement on his injury? I'd like to read it. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me the way you phrased it. The Seahawks docs would be the first people to examine him.

Was reported by some East coast reporter the night he had the injury. Don't have the link but he quoted Hill in the article. I am sure a google search will find it, but not sure it matters. You are skeptical and others say it is a non-issue, so nothing gained in talking about it. Like I said, just a throw-away comment based on something I read that hasn't stood mustard.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":3g7xn7so said:
Was reported by some East coast reporter the night he had the injury. Don't have the link but he quoted Hill in the article. I am sure a google search will find it, but not sure it matters. You are skeptical and others say it is a non-issue, so nothing gained in talking about it. Like I said, just a throw-away comment based on something I read that hasn't stood mustard.

Well, it's important to me because i hate seeing fellow fans be cynical if i could find evidence to the contrary of their fears. I'm OCD that way i guess.

I did take a look on google, but nothing claiming a prognosis beyond the 3-6 weeks. Definitely nothing calling it season ending.

Check out what Clair Farnesworth says regarding the injury rpt on the Huddle this week (Bob And Groz podcast). I listened to everyone last year and they tended to be pretty accurate as far as who was held out of practice, for what reason, and if they will be available for the game.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":349bb9ga said:
Just speculation but this is probably due to Red Bryant's inability to slide inside with any degree of success.

Interesting comment as Red played almost as many snaps this preseason at DT as he did at DE.

drdiags

Reaction score
Basis4day":14968jxt said:
Well, it's important to me because i hate seeing fellow fans be cynical if i could find evidence to the contrary of their fears. I'm OCD that way i guess.

I did take a look on google, but nothing claiming a prognosis beyond the 3-6 weeks. Definitely nothing calling it season ending.

Check out what Clair Farnesworth says regarding the injury rpt on the Huddle this week (Bob And Groz podcast). I listened to everyone last year and they tended to be pretty accurate as far as who was held out of practice, for what reason, and if they will be available for the game.

I did the same google search and the guy who tweeted it, Jason Bristol, doesn't have the direct quote I remember reading from Hill. Everything on the web and twitter that I can find is the same 3-6 week diagnosis.

Bristol is a reporter out of Harrisburg and I remember being shocked that there was a chance Hill was out for the majority of the year. It all changed the day after. I could go looking through my timeline to Aug 22nd. I think someone retweeted it and I remember Hill commenting on his status. I tend to try to stay up on this stuff and I do read all the locals and have numerous sport reporters on my twitter timeline. My memory is usually pretty good, but on this I have no evidence to back up my claim.

Guess it was really Josh Reed, though other reports having it be a CBS 21 News Sports Director Jason Reed and it seems it was text messages.

Josh Reed ‏@reedabc27sports 22 Aug
not sure how long he will be sidelined. Hill is having a great camp and former #psu star is battling for starting spot at DT #fingerscrossed

Found out late last night #Seahawks Jordan hill has a partially torn biceps. MRI results today. Told me in text he feels good. CONT...

Traded texts w/ #seahawks Jordan hill. He has partially torn biceps not sure how long it will sideline him. MRI results Thursday #nfl #psu

Josh Reed ‏@reedabc27sports 21 Aug
#Seahawks Jordan Hill partially torn bicep at practice Tues. Had MRI on Wed. gets test results back on Thursday. Hill says it's not that bad

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2av57osn said:
drdiags":2av57osn said:
Basis4day":2av57osn said:

I recall reading it too, and it was posted on this board the day after it happened. Please make the effort to go back and find it if you need that much proof, but what Drdiags stated was a pretty close summary of the article.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I heard the same thing and was surprised when the story changed. I was thinking at the time that both of our DTs would be our for the year.

I'm sure that whoever tweeted that "out for the year" remark was extremely embarrassed and deleted it, happens all the time. So the old (relatively) statement; "link or it didn't happen" isn't always applicable.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking back at an old thread, even it was listed as 3-6 weeks but early in the thread folks were mentioning how the reports originally said a bicep tear which later changed to a bruise. The only link in that thread is the one I found earlier from the CBS 21 Sports guy that had been updated.

Hill's injury was believed to be much more serious, but an MRI taken was negative for a complete tear and he will not require surgery, according to a source with knowledge of the injury.

Read More at: http://local21news.com/sports/features/ ... -241.shtml

Maybe a video can be found if they did an on-air?

Prior thread when this came out:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71042

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just think they weren't impressed by Howard's or McDonald's run defense. Howard flashed nice pass rush skills but we don't need that at his position. Now Kansas City? You better believe they do given they get to deal with Peyton in a family way twice a year.

We need someone that can anchor and stop the run while forcing double teams for our edge rushers. Something tells me Avril and Bennett are fine and and Clemons will be back way sooner than the consensus of this board.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":s076p265 said:
Something tells me Avril and Bennett are fine and and Clemons will be back way sooner than the consensus of this board.

Just three more days and the Coach will tell us who is playing this Sunday. I learned from last year that Pete is pretty good at disguising who is hurt and who will play...and who will be "Inactive".

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So excited and not worried about the defense actually. We have Wilson and an offense good for 30+ anytime it's needed. You see Sidney Rice on NFLN today? They are ready to roll this Sunday. This team reminds me of "The Triplets" Dallas teams with the bonus of a sane owner, a cutting edge coach, and a savvy GM. Sky is the limit as long as they actually keep to their stated plan.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":30f76hrc said:
You see Sidney Rice on NFLN today? They are ready to roll this Sunday.

No. Actually, I did not. What did he say? "We are ready to roll this Sunday."?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1qtypb11 said:
KCHawkGirl":1qtypb11 said:
You see Sidney Rice on NFLN today? They are ready to roll this Sunday.

No. Actually, I did not. What did he say? "We are ready to roll this Sunday."?
He did actually. They asked him about Wilson being the same as last year. He said "expect the very same Wilson you saw after week 8 he hasn't changed one thing about his leadership from the day he walked into the building last year. still sending texts by position group about the entire defense and they are ready to roll". His words not mine. Russell is a T-1000 simple as that. More importantly Sidney is ready to go (much like a few others we have been resting).