DVR Alert: Pre Season Game 1 / August, 7th.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
i am from the uk and have the 710 espn seattle app

does any of you guys know if they will be doing live commentry on the game thursday

Cartire

Reaction score
uk seahawk":2f3qmwne said:
i am from the uk and have the 710 espn seattle app

does any of you guys know if they will be doing live commentry on the game thursday

Yes, 710 will also broadcast it. But, i thought they didnt broadcast live via their app?

uk seahawk

Reaction score
they did a broadcast of the mariners game last week so hoping they do the same with seahawks not just thursday but also during the season.the telivision companies in the uk seem to be anti seahawks and dont show many live games.
they have a big love in with rg3 and the redskins..so other than the games i can fly over for i have to hope 710 have them

Cartire

Reaction score
uk seahawk":1mkhu4gw said:
they did a broadcast of the mariners game last week so hoping they do the same with seahawks not just thursday but also during the season.the telivision companies in the uk seem to be anti seahawks and dont show many live games.
they have a big love in with rg3 and the redskins..so other than the games i can fly over for i have to hope 710 have them

Have you considered purchasing the game pass? Since your international.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
is that the game pass on nfl.com ??? if so i had a quick look lasy season..but good idea..forgot about that..cheers

ivotuk

Reaction score
I found it live via Direct TV on channel 149. I can't tell for sure if it will actually broadcast but the channel is not grayed out which is what they do to indicate non-subscription channels.

grizbob

Reaction score
ivotuk":2jtmlxt1 said:
I found it live via Direct TV on channel 149. I can't tell for sure if it will actually broadcast but the channel is not grayed out which is what they do to indicate non-subscription channels.

According to my guide that's a ppv movie channel playing Tarzan all day :cry:

A

Anonymous

ivotuk":ojrd4rmx said:

I'm seeing the same thing in my guide.

Where are you get the programming info?

grizbob

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1v5cxaio said:
ivotuk":1v5cxaio said:

I'm seeing the same thing in my guide.

Where are you get the programming info?

After further searching I found it on ch 12 which is a Salt Lake fox affiliate here. So Woo Hoo I gets to see it live :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

Still shows 149 playing Tarzan, can only assume it's cause this is a local market for the broncs.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
If anyone plans on signing up for the preseason live package offered by the NFL, I got an email from DirectTV with an offer code to get 25% off of the $19.99 price tag. The code is DTV25

ivotuk

Reaction score
Live Seahawks football! So far no commercials either! FAIrbanks Alaska direct tv channel 149. KicKing off momentarily...

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":cb6xy9fw said:
Live Seahawks football! So far no commercials either! FAIrbanks Alaska direct tv channel 149. KicKing off momentarily...

Still not sure how that works, but in Anchorage it was on FOX so it doesn't matter to me that it wasn't on DirecTV, but it's odd especially that it was on a pay per view channel.

taco40

Reaction score
Looks like the game will be replayed on Saturday afternoon at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific Time.

grizbob

Reaction score
taco40":370onmx3 said:
Looks like the game will be replayed on Saturday afternoon at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific Time.

I know I won't be tuning in, had to suffer through the live SD broadcast last night with the broncs broadcasters. But had my DVR record it in HD. Went to re-watch it this morning only to find the first part was the Seahawks broadcasters and switched after the first commercial to the broncs. Deleted it :cry:

Cartire

Reaction score
grizbob":4ssbx9k5 said:
taco40":4ssbx9k5 said:

I know I won't be tuning in, had to suffer through the live SD broadcast last night with the broncs broadcasters. But had my DVR record it in HD. Went to re-watch it this morning only to find the first part was the Seahawks broadcasters and switched after the first commercial to the broncs. Deleted it :cry:

Honestly, it needs to go back to just national sports casters. Half the crews, half the bias. Sure, its just preseason, but I dont understand why they subject themselves to extreme home crews for each teams market. The NFL doesnt need to pump its fans up anymore. They are here, and growing. And the preseason broadcasters are not the reason.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":e3mhysks said:
grizbob":e3mhysks said:
taco40":e3mhysks said:

Honestly, it needs to go back to just national sports casters. Half the crews, half the bias. Sure, its just preseason, but I dont understand why they subject themselves to extreme home crews for each teams market. The NFL doesnt need to pump its fans up anymore. They are here, and growing. And the preseason broadcasters are not the reason.

It's done that way, because only a handful of games are actually broadcast nationally. Pre season games are mostly for home markets and hardcore fans. The casual fan couldn't care less about the pre season for the most part. There really is no point in paying some broadcasters to be at every game of every team.

Honestly though, I don't mind it. it can be enlightening to hear what other team broadcasters are saying about our guys.

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":36v667y3 said:
Cartire":36v667y3 said:
grizbob":36v667y3 said:
taco40":36v667y3 said:

It's done that way, because only a handful of games are actually broadcast nationally. Pre season games are mostly for home markets and hardcore fans. The casual fan couldn't care less about the pre season for the most part. There really is no point in paying some broadcasters to be at every game of every team.

Honestly though, I don't mind it. it can be enlightening to hear what other team broadcasters are saying about our guys.

Dude, not nationally televised games, national crews that dont specialize for a single teams coverage. Like they do with every game during the season. They dont need twice as many crews. And they are paying these guys alot more, because all the normal guys are still broadcasting on one side of the bias broadcast. Just do a normal coverage, I dont need to be pandered too.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2o49tvr5 said:
Cartire":2o49tvr5 said:
grizbob":2o49tvr5 said:
taco40":2o49tvr5 said:

Dude, not nationally televised games, national crews that dont specialize for a single teams coverage. Like they do with every game during the season. They dont need twice as many crews. And they are paying these guys alot more, because all the normal guys are still broadcasting on one side of the bias broadcast. Just do a normal coverage, I dont need to be pandered too.[/quote]

Cartire said:
They aren't pandering to anyone, they are spending less money by not doubling up on the broadcasters. The teams are already paying individually for people to broadcast their games, so why would the NFL Network pay 2 more people for each game of the pre season when it's not necessary?

Also, do you honestly think that these guys are going to even know most of the names on a 90 man roster? Seriously, they get the names of starters wrong often enough. At least with team announcers you actually can get some decent information on the guys on the field during the pre season

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":tq53gwnl said:
They aren't pandering to anyone, they are spending less money by not doubling up on the broadcasters. The teams are already paying individually for people to broadcast their games, so why would the NFL Network pay 2 more people for each game of the pre season when it's not necessary?

Also, do you honestly think that these guys are going to even know most of the names on a 90 man roster? Seriously, they get the names of starters wrong often enough. At least with team announcers you actually can get some decent information on the guys on the field during the pre season

WAit what? The teams arent paying these guys. This is still being paid for by teh network affiliates. This is their show. The networks are paying two crews. They paid teh seattle crew and the denver crew last night to broadcast on fox, 2 different shows, in 2 different markets.

Where did you think this was a team thing paid thing, or even an NFL paid thing for that matter?