Earl being Earl

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
James in PA":1k69neuz said:
Didn’t Earl have a problem with Bobby a couple years ago because Bobby *did* play hurt?! Geez, make up your mind, hypocrite.

I guess the Ravens thought they were getting the Earl from 5 years ago, minus the drama. “Oops” on both counts. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of that same incident but instead of a physical confrontation I think it was all via social media. That was following that horrific home game where the Rams came in and dropped the hammer in Dec 17.

toffee

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2dfo4bxh said:
MD5eahawks":2dfo4bxh said:
It amazes me how a guy can be so great on one team and seem awful on another. As a Hawk there is no way he pulls up that quick or is out of position so often.

He's past his prime, and has an injury history. He knows that's what cost him an extension in Seattle, so he's strictly making business decisions now.

I question his methods though, he apparently gets into a heated debate with a teammate over not playing while hurt, while he himself publicly admitted to quitting on a play. It's really stupid to quit on play, it's a whole 'nother level of stupid to publicly admit it.

He didn't know it but Earl so needed Sherm and Chancellor. With Sherm running the mouth, Earl kept his shut and Earl got to benefit from all the tip ball. With Chancellor, Kam did all the on field communication stuff, he told Earl where to line up or go.

NINEster

Reaction score
James in PA":poz9m4ho said:
Didn’t Earl have a problem with Bobby a couple years ago because Bobby *did* play hurt?! Geez, make up your mind, hypocrite.

I guess the Ravens thought they were getting the Earl from 5 years ago, minus the drama. “Oops” on both counts. [emoji38]

Couldn't have gone to a better team, haha.

BTW guys, I find myself having to defend Earl a little bit........couldn't have been undeniable best safety in the league 5 years ago if other DBs on his team were better than him.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
toffee":2i53b7jm said:
12AngryHawks":2i53b7jm said:
MD5eahawks":2i53b7jm said:
It amazes me how a guy can be so great on one team and seem awful on another. As a Hawk there is no way he pulls up that quick or is out of position so often.

He's past his prime, and has an injury history. He knows that's what cost him an extension in Seattle, so he's strictly making business decisions now.

I question his methods though, he apparently gets into a heated debate with a teammate over not playing while hurt, while he himself publicly admitted to quitting on a play. It's really stupid to quit on play, it's a whole 'nother level of stupid to publicly admit it.

He didn't know it but Earl so needed Sherm and Chancellor. With Sherm running the mouth, Earl kept his shut and Earl got to benefit from all the tip ball. With Chancellor, Kam did all the on field communication stuff, he told Earl where to line up or go.

And that is why Kam was my favorite member of the L.O.B. 8)

toffee

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":1i2zgs27 said:
toffee":1i2zgs27 said:
12AngryHawks":1i2zgs27 said:
MD5eahawks":1i2zgs27 said:

Mine too.

aredub

Reaction score
Earl will always be one of my all time favorites. But man, the last two years have been rough! Just trying to remember all the good times

IndyHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2nq9myv8 said:
12AngryHawks":2nq9myv8 said:
toffee":2nq9myv8 said:
12AngryHawks":2nq9myv8 said:

Mine too.
BamBam was the man..Earl?Meh

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1180848439103504385[/tweet]
......................................................................................... to be continued.

JPatera76

Reaction score
So in other words.. Earl had to actually “work”. Such a diva now a days. Glad he’s gone. Doesn’t give games his 100% so worried about getting hurt again he’d rather give up mid game and let his team down and accept a loss. Dudes kind of turning into a head case with a me me me mentality

Fanatics

Reaction score
Was Earl's hit on Rudolph dirty? To me he did come in high and Rudolph is 6'5 and Earl is 5'10, along with Rudolph jumping on the throw. There was no reason for him to jump crown first but would like to know what the rest of you think. Any guesses on suspension/fine? If any

toffee

Reaction score
Come to think of it, Earl problem of late is because Earl is not being Earl. Whether it's learning a new system, aging, lacking supporting case, Earl's performance is not being Earl.

Your performance is not being your expected standard, and yet you talk like you still are.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pete made the right decision by not signing him all he got was a middle finger as payback.

toffee

Reaction score
In the last year or two, Earl’s actions confirmed why he was destructive in the locker room and why the team was right in not offering him an extension.

If he keep his current level of performance, poor Raven might have to cut him.

Boohman14

Reaction score
When Earl was here he balled out. I never remember him giving less than 100%. I mean, took out Gronk in a game !
But I think he got too full of himself at the end and forgot about the "team" aspect of the game. I expect he'll eventually play in Dallas and re-surge a bit before he goes off into oblivion. I'm still a fan of his and hope he hoists the 12 man flag one day.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He got fined and noted for that dirty ass hit last weekend..
Screw ET..With no Kam or Sherm ..He's exposed.