Earl calling out Kam

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ludakrishna":25lwxp2j said:
Per Michael Silver. It's about time Kam hears what his teammates feel of him. Quitter.
Private???!!

Why is Silver putting this out there, if it's a private conversation? What if Earl wanted to keep it between them two?

Cartire

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":b01g7tro said:
ludakrishna":b01g7tro said:
Per Michael Silver. It's about time Kam hears what his teammates feel of him. Quitter.
Private???!!

Why is Silver putting this out there, if it's a private conversation? What if Earl wanted to keep it between them two?

It wasnt a private convo, I watched the interview before the game last night. Remember that transcript exactly.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":o7wq6es9 said:
There is no reason that I can understand for his desire to renegotiate a contract he signed only last year beyond simple greed.

I tend to think that the injury he sustained on the eve of the SB really hit home for Kam and made him realize that what Seattle asks of him, and how he plays -- means he has a real risk of significant injury.

And players can know risks. But how often does it really strike home until you suffer your first big injury?

Mike 4G

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":3ps98mil said:
IF he comes back... I wonder if he gets booed by the 12's?
Depends on how he comes back I think.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I admit it. This is all my fault for buying two Kam tee shirts this year. Dang! I should have known better. Sorry folks. :oops:

Atradees

Reaction score
He was being neutral. Sounds like a RW comment.

Reporters are lookin for news or sensationalism.

Hawks46

Reaction score
fenderbender123":11bwu5qd said:
OkieHawk":11bwu5qd said:
Sgt. Largent":11bwu5qd said:
I love what Earl said.

The team's frustrated with Kam, so now they're voicing their opinions. Dude's wrong, everyone's saying it. Unfortunately I think all these quotes are falling on deaf ears...........cause Kam seems content to let his pride get the better of him. So he's going to destroy his rep and legacy over this ridiculous holdout.

And his bank account, dude is going to end up broke doing this.

This is what I don't get. He wants more money, yet he is making choices that he knows for a fact will have the opposite outcome.

Part of the deal Kam wants is that he wants all of the fines waived. All of them.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
If Kam isn't back in the next week or 2, I would be pleasantly surprised if he plays in a Seahawks uniform again.

northseahawk

Reaction score
About time someone man's up and calls Kam out! I blame the the teammates too for this whole situation lingering. They keep publicly supporting his cause. Finally ET shows courage and hopefully others follow by calling Kam out for his coward acts

nrayorr

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3q7ox497 said:
OkieHawk":3q7ox497 said:
Sgt. Largent":3q7ox497 said:
I love what Earl said.

The team's frustrated with Kam, so now they're voicing their opinions. Dude's wrong, everyone's saying it. Unfortunately I think all these quotes are falling on deaf ears...........cause Kam seems content to let his pride get the better of him. So he's going to destroy his rep and legacy over this ridiculous holdout.

And his bank account, dude is going to end up broke doing this.

This is what I don't get. He wants more money, yet he is making choices that he knows for a fact will have the opposite outcome.

He's probably hoping that the majority of his fees will be waived. To be honest with you I don't see him coming back anytime soon. However, I thought that Shead did a pretty decent job and Burley did excellent at slot.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Imho kam is not coming back this year . The team his teammates the fans should come to grips with this ! He is not the person maybe we thought we got in terms of brotherhood and team first stuff like that . But I will not knock the man he is I don't know him enough to do that!
Once you realize he is just not gonna play this year you will move on !

RCATES

Reaction score
Its amazing how much different this defense looks without Kam. Teams are going across the middle on us like crazy. Our defense has lost its swagger and no longer is feared plain and simple.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":10dcwcjg said:
ludakrishna":10dcwcjg said:
Private???!!

Because he's a reporter and it's his job. Referring to it as a "private" conversation is not the same as referring to it and a "confidential" conversation, it just means that He and Earl were the only two people involved in that exchange.

Reaction score
I dont blame Earl at all. Glad he spoke out...probably feels like therapy to actually say how he really feels. So assuming Kam is not coming back...who is the best center in the AFC we can trade Kam for?...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure Earl was holding back when he made those comments. Behind closed doors his teammates have quite a bit to say I am certain.

The only thing I can think of that keeps this ridiculous holdout going is that Kam feels he may only last a couple more years given the way he plays the game. The injury last season no doubt was the genesis to his holding out. He wants money moved from 2017 to 2016. That right there tells me he's thinking his career isn't going to be sustained much longer due to his high velocity hitting style.

With each passing week his pride is blinding him to the fact that the team and fans feel more and more aggravated with him and it could reach the sad point that he is no longer a team leader and favorite player, but someone who is exiled emotionally from those who stood by him the most.

None of us can say for sure if we would still be 0-2 with Kam in the lineup, but I am sure we all agree that the way the defense looks with him versus without him is radically different.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2x6x60pg said:
With each passing week his pride is blinding him to the fact that the team and fans feel more and more aggravated with him and it could reach the sad point that he is no longer a team leader and favorite player, but someone who is exiled emotionally from those who stood by him the most.

Well then Kam's delusional. When has public sentiment EVER been with a player holding out? We're Hawk fans first, so that's insane to think that if we keep losing we're all going to be on Kam's side of wanting more millions to go with the millions he's already made.

All losing does is make us resent Kam more for contributing to the losses by not being here.

uncle fester

Reaction score
The longer he leaves it, the brighter the neon light over his head that says 'I only have one good year left and I know it'.

The medical staff are going to put him through it when/if he does return. From the OP's link, I suspect Earl also has an idea of how bad Kam's health is.

(For the record, I think he sits out the year, returns - healthier - to a team with a higher cap, getting what he wanted, plus a few $ to offset the money he'll lose this season)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Either you're in or you're not, and Kam isn't.

One player doesn't make the team but one player can make the team better.

All in all as time goes on, the guys who are in are slowly questioning why Kam isn't.

At this stage this situation looks to be in Kam's hands. His options are: he reports and then gets his contracted pay, or he doesn't and doesn't get paid. The issue of the fines remain to be determined but it is unlikely he will ever get back to monies from the first two games plus his reporting bonus, that's north of $700 K.