Earl calling out Kam

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor is still the second highest paid strong safety in the nfl, and that is 2 years into his contract. He is only under the top paid safety by $2500, yes twenty five hundred dollors per year! Rashad Jones make 7,003,000 average yearly, Kam makes 7,000,502 annually. No team is going to pay him what he has lost in this stupid holdout.

Here is a link to top strong safety income in the nfl:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/ave ... ng-safety/

Give him a check for 3,000 and tell him "there you go, now you are the highest paid strong safety in the nfl, GO DO YOUR JOB!"

Threedee

Reaction score
I've always been an Earl guy, myself. Sherman was too obnoxious (I had a difficult time with him following the rant) and Chancellor never stood out to me as much as the aforementioned. Of course, Earl is no longer the quiet type that he was when he got to town. I'm finding myself less sad than when we lost Red and Clemmons to FA.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
One theory floating around is that Kam is actually injured, and this holdout is (among other things) an attempt to buy some time and/or delay his return to full-contact football.

According to this theory, Kam REALLY messed up his knee in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, and he hasn't recovered. (In this respect, his injury is similar to Sherman's left arm injury that is also a potential ticking time bomb.)

So, Chancellor is trying to get as much guaranteed ca$h now as possible because once he returns to the lineup, it'll be clear that he's damaged goods.

sc85sis

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":26gyqa8j said:
ludakrishna":26gyqa8j said:
Per Michael Silver. It's about time Kam hears what his teammates feel of him. Quitter.
Private???!!

Why is Silver putting this out there, if it's a private conversation? What if Earl wanted to keep it between them two?
Private in this case likely means not at a formal press conference. If it were truly private, Earl would have said "off the record" and we'd either never hear anything (how it should be) or it would be hinted at with references to "team sources" or some other generic version of attribution (how it sometimes goes).

2_0_6

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":6det8rf2 said:
One theory floating around is that Kam is actually injured, and this holdout is (among other things) an attempt to buy some time and/or delay his return to full-contact football.

According to this theory, Kam REALLY messed up his knee in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, and he hasn't recovered. (In this respect, his injury is similar to Sherman's left arm injury that is also a potential ticking time bomb.)

So, Chancellor is trying to get as much guaranteed ca$h now as possible because once he returns to the lineup, it'll be clear that he's damaged goods.

All players take physicals when they report. No contract will be signed or let alone contract redone until' a physical takes place

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":1np8zina said:

This has been discussed here. Say he is injured, what does he do if Seattle gives him his contract restructure. Then he's like, thanks for the contract but I can't come back yet cause Im still hurt. I don't think the FO would be to happy with that type of deception. It would probably get him cut or traded.

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":x9ifg6ca said:
Armchair Bronco":x9ifg6ca said:

This has been discussed here. Say he is injured, what does he do if Seattle gives him his contract restructure. Then he's like, thanks for the contract but I can't come back yet cause Im still hurt. I don't think the FO would be to happy with that type of deception. It would probably get him cut or traded.

I believe its not a sideline injury right now. I think the injury has already done its damage, and he can play, but hes lost a noticeable step. A step so large, that he knew the team would cut him next year, when its only a 2m dead money hit. Its what I've said from the beginning. Its the only logical reason he even tried the holdout. Because it was never about this years money. Its was always about next years not being guaranteed.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He has a way in.

Just say, screw it, I can't let my team, my bro's down any longer. I'll wait till the off season to figure this out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3dd75w98 said:
I admit it. This is all my fault for buying two Kam tee shirts this year. Dang! I should have known better. Sorry folks. :oops:
Come on Lymon we expect more out of you!!! <------ faux outrage 8)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1j01yyl5 said:
I'm sure Earl was holding back when he made those comments. Behind closed doors his teammates have quite a bit to say I am certain.

The only thing I can think of that keeps this ridiculous holdout going is that Kam feels he may only last a couple more years given the way he plays the game. The injury last season no doubt was the genesis to his holding out. He wants money moved from 2017 to 2016. That right there tells me he's thinking his career isn't going to be sustained much longer due to his high velocity hitting style.

With each passing week his pride is blinding him to the fact that the team and fans feel more and more aggravated with him and it could reach the sad point that he is no longer a team leader and favorite player, but someone who is exiled emotionally from those who stood by him the most.

None of us can say for sure if we would still be 0-2 with Kam in the lineup, but I am sure we all agree that the way the defense looks with him versus without him is radically different.

I agree with this post but I have to say that I feel this defense did their job and played well enough for us to win on the road. I put this loss on the offense.

Oh yeah " Jack speak Thai"!!

mikeak

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":3midtarv said:

Honestly and not picking on you but in my opinion this is a naive belief

1) You get a physical when signing a new contract

2) He is no forfeitting guaranteed money / signing bonus money if he doesn't show up. So by showing up even if injured he would have made sure he earned the money that are guaranteed - now he is risking all that

If he was injured he should have showed up maybe right before the season, gotten his guaranteed money and if he was on the roster week 1 guaranteed his whole salary this year.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed about Kam's absence, that being said, I don't think he's the sole reason we are 0-2, but it certainly doesn't help the situation on D and the chemistry in the locker room. Guys look distant, the intensity just doesn't seem to be there this year, sure hope that changes and we see the eye of the tiger again on this D.

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":3i04ex04 said:
Armchair Bronco":3i04ex04 said:

Honestly and not picking on you but in my opinion this is a naive belief

1) You get a physical when signing a new contract

2) He is no forfeitting guaranteed money / signing bonus money if he doesn't show up. So by showing up even if injured he would have made sure he earned the money that are guaranteed - now he is risking all that

If he was injured he should have showed up maybe right before the season, gotten his guaranteed money and if he was on the roster week 1 guaranteed his whole salary this year.

Ok, see, his salary this year is guaranteed, for the most part. It was never about this years money, it was about next years money, which is not guaranteed. I dont think the injury is something that would prevent him from playing right now, or passing a physical. I think its something that would be noticed throughout the season, because Kam has a lost a step. The injury he did have maybe slowed him down a bunch. Maybe his doctor said, "The next hit could be your last". He doesnt necessarily have to be injured right now, for him to be aware that his time is up.

Hes an easy cut next year for Seattle if he under performed this year.